Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

inpheaux posted:

Uhhhh, if it's in your history and you're on 0.6.x you should have a "retry" button that does exactly what you want.
I had a download fail due to "Unpacking Failed: CRC Error" because it was missing parts, and I didn't get the Retry button. I was surprised it ran the unpack and the post-process script at all, in fact, since it knew it was missing parts and didn't download enough fills.

I wonder if it is because one file in the NZB did unpack successfully?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a way to turn off the category options in Plush? Its way too much info horizontally and it gets cut off in my browser at the size I like it.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

kri kri posted:

Is there a way to turn off the category options in Plush? Its way too much info horizontally and it gets cut off in my browser at the size I like it.

Not built in, but if you remove the HTML from SABnzbd/interfaces/Plush/templates/queue.tmpl it won't break anything.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011

Murodese posted:

Ugh, windows permissions issues ahoy.

Basically, SB/CP download stuff into their temporary folder and then rename/move it to individual folders across a couple of different drives (not a problem here) - those folders are then shared across the network and imported by xbmc as sources. My problem is that I need to have the security on new files set to allow read for Everyone (otherwise the networked xbmc pc can't play it). Anyone else come across this? I have the security options on both the shared folders and temporary download folders set to allow read for Everyone, but the individual files being downloaded don't get that set, so while the folder is shared, the file itself can't be accessed.
I used to run with a Windows host like that, but I actually created additional users that I wanted people to log in as, to access shares (didn't use Everyone). This allowed some users to write in shared directories and some others to not. I'd suggest trying that with your "XBMC user" (do this for the share and the NTFS file system directories, and re-add your shares) and it should work fine.

I your case, Everyone is not being added to newly written files. Have you applied it at the upper-most folder for the shares (e.g. "X:\Media\") and to replace all child permissions? I think further files written there should inherit the permissions from this folder/object. If not, then it could be a system policy to not do this specifically with Everyone. I hope a more familiar Windows guy can address your question if I'm wrong, but I'd say go with making more users. The drawback is you'd have more junk in your login screen.

Edit:
You could also place Everyone in the Users group (they have Read access by default to your new files for sure), but that's a serious security faux pas I am sure.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Has anyone managed to configure Sabnzbd++ for Chrome with Sickbeard/Couch Potato?

I'm aware of the Sabnzbd++ workaround for the categories(otherwise the Nzbs don't sort correctly). However, if I change the category settings around, it messes up post-processing with Sickbeard.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Kachunkachunk posted:

I used to run with a Windows host like that, but I actually created additional users that I wanted people to log in as, to access shares (didn't use Everyone). This allowed some users to write in shared directories and some others to not. I'd suggest trying that with your "XBMC user" (do this for the share and the NTFS file system directories, and re-add your shares) and it should work fine.

I your case, Everyone is not being added to newly written files. Have you applied it at the upper-most folder for the shares (e.g. "X:\Media\") and to replace all child permissions? I think further files written there should inherit the permissions from this folder/object. If not, then it could be a system policy to not do this specifically with Everyone. I hope a more familiar Windows guy can address your question if I'm wrong, but I'd say go with making more users. The drawback is you'd have more junk in your login screen.

Edit:
You could also place Everyone in the Users group (they have Read access by default to your new files for sure), but that's a serious security faux pas I am sure.

Security's not particularly an issue for this box, so I might be lazy and try the latter. Cheers.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
The latest Windows build of Sickbeard(488) drastically sped up the searches, wow. Oh and 0.6.5 SABnzbd is out for anyone else who uses the On Finish stuff, really awesome of them to get it out so fast.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Just switched from Windows 7 to OS X and getting my :files: working is a bit tricky.

I have SABNZBD+ running on my iMac, and I am telling it to write directly to my NAS. for a few reasons, my NAS has been disconnected occasionally. When it comes back on, however, SABNZBD has tried to write to the same directory (which is usually \volumes\media\downloads) but as the NAS is missing SABNZBD+ then writes to seemingly where ever it feels like with the same path. Then the NAS comes back on, and since that path already exists because SABNZBD created it, the NAS name now is \volumes\media-1\downloads.

I have a feeling this will all stop when I start turning my computer off (since I wont turn it on until I get home, and the NAS powers up before I get home) but is there any way to make SAB not try to create the directory if it doesnt exist? nearly at the point where running a windows VM just for SABNZBD and sickbeard..

which brings me to how the gently caress do you get sickbeard running in OS X?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

So pushing 2tb or so through an aging 400gb system drive in the space of a month has meant its given up the ghost, failed SMART and won't boot into w7 anymore. Fun.

Provided I can get the files backed up, I remember there being a 300mb or so file within my sickbeard folder... Is this enough to get SB back to where it was on a fresh install? The idea of rescanning 4tb worth of files isn't amazingly appealing.

Glad I've got most of them set for xbmc to read metadata from the HDD rather than tvdb now!

Posts Only Secrets
Jan 22, 2005
Breaking the NDA...

The pHo posted:

Provided I can get the files backed up, I remember there being a 300mb or so file within my sickbeard folder... Is this enough to get SB back to where it was on a fresh install? The idea of rescanning 4tb worth of files isn't amazingly appealing.

The files you want are sickbeard.db and your config.ini. 300mb sounds way too much though, I have over 70 shows and my db file is only 3MB.

Also, if you made any changes to the sabtosickbeard.py you'll want to grab that folder too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cheers for that, good call on the python script... I'm hoping to backup the entire drive and recover what I can.

The 300mb file in sure is described as an exe file, but isn't the process I tend to run. From memory I'm tracking 180 or so shows.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

The pHo posted:

Glad I've got most of them set for xbmc to read metadata from the HDD rather than tvdb now!

This interests me. Do you mean .nfo files pointing to IMDB, or all the information (IMDB, movie covers, fanart, etc) all stored on the HDD?

I'm curious as to how that works. Maybe post in the XBMC thread, as it would be off-topic here.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

Odette posted:

This interests me. Do you mean .nfo files pointing to IMDB, or all the information (IMDB, movie covers, fanart, etc) all stored on the HDD?

I'm curious as to how that works. Maybe post in the XBMC thread, as it would be off-topic here.

I use a program called Media Companion, it downloads everything, art, info, ratings, genre, etc, and you can look at different sources for art so can find what you want easily.

i found that in order for XBMC to read the art/nfo off the drive i had to map the remote drive and point my library at that. i.e. my m:\ = \\server\movies If i didn't do that it and just loaded up \\server\movies into the library XBMC would try to scrape the movies itself.

Lono
Jun 30, 2004

In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.

Laserface posted:

which brings me to how the gently caress do you get sickbeard running in OS X?

I followed this guide:

http://www.jetshred.com/2010/05/13/installing-sickbeard-on-mac-os-10-6/

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

paradigmm posted:

Not built in, but if you remove the HTML from SABnzbd/interfaces/Plush/templates/queue.tmpl it won't break anything.

Can you add a show/hide edit options in plush? It's the only thing keeping me using simpl.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself
Sick Beard question:

If I have a show set to HD and some of the episodes are downloaded as SD, will SB try to download HD versions of those episode? Or, do I need to use the “custom” setting?

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Grayham posted:

Sick Beard question:

If I have a show set to HD and some of the episodes are downloaded as SD, will SB try to download HD versions of those episode? Or, do I need to use the “custom” setting?

Yes, that is what the "low quality" identifier is for

By default if you set the quality setting to HD it will only download that rather than try SD first. You can set a custom "initial" and then "archive" quality setting that will do SD -> HD

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I've got a question regarding SABnzbd / Sickbeard / Couch Potato running on my Windows 7 PC and accessing a shared folder via my OSX Laptop:

When I download something, Sickbeard / Couch Potato are all set up to rename everything and move it into specific folders. I've got those folders shared on my home network. When I try to access them on my mac laptop, the folders are visible, but the actual files aren't seen, or sometimes not all of them are there. Is there some sort of updating Windows Media Player needs to do? If so, is there a way to force that update? What gives? Anyone else have this problem?

Oh, and if I copy and paste a video file into the folder, it shows up immediately. Something about Sickbeard and Couch Potato moved files isn't sharing.

Lamech fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 17, 2011

Splendid!
Jun 14, 2011

Bow ties are cool.

Lamech posted:

I've got a question regarding SABnzbd / Sickbeard / Couch Potato running on my Windows 7 PC and accessing a shared folder via my OSX Laptop:

Is the shared folder on the Windows machine set to inherit permissions from parent? I've heard of this happening with Sickbeard before.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

angry_zellers posted:

Is the shared folder on the Windows machine set to inherit permissions from parent? I've heard of this happening with Sickbeard before.

Wowzers, that did it, thanks! I never would have found that.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
I'm getting CP to successfully move the file for me, but what I'm looking for is for it to move the entire folder with naming and files intact. Can CP do this and I'm just missing some setting?

Also, I've been running into a ton more incomplete files on Astraweb recently. I hope this trend doesn't continue ug.

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

I'm going to ask a pretty stupid question here.

I'm on a Macbook (will very soon be switching to a PC however) and am running SABnzbd and Sick Beard. I use NZB Matrix and NewsHosting.

I can only access the Sick Beard page (at localhost) when Terminal is running so my question is this:

Must I run terminal to run Sick Beard? Must I be running them (both) for it to work?

Basically, I'd like to shut them down because this macbook sucks and is dying slowly anyway, but I'm curious if it will still automatically download stuff.

Splendid!
Jun 14, 2011

Bow ties are cool.

Miss Fats posted:

Must I run terminal to run Sick Beard? Must I be running them (both) for it to work?

Basically, I'd like to shut them down because this macbook sucks and is dying slowly anyway, but I'm curious if it will still automatically download stuff.

Try this out.

http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1723

Splendid!
Jun 14, 2011

Bow ties are cool.
Does anybody know if there's a sickbeard or couchpotato-like program for comic books?

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

After several failed 25-50GB downloads I finally decided to switch to Supernews from Astraweb, their EU server seems half a meg faster and no failures so far. Can't say I'm disappointed.

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

Frog Blast The Vent Core!

angry_zellers posted:

Does anybody know if there's a sickbeard or couchpotato-like program for comic books?

I looked into this. There isn't. It wouldn't be crazy difficult to branch the sickbeard code to do it as there are a few decent comic book DB apis out there.

Splendid!
Jun 14, 2011

Bow ties are cool.

Pfhreak posted:

I looked into this. There isn't. It wouldn't be crazy difficult to branch the sickbeard code to do it as there are a few decent comic book DB apis out there.

It would be a big time-saver that's for sure. I've only been using Sickbeard since March of this year and I've been so impressed I cancelled my cable. If I could get this for comics I would be set.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Kind of a Usenet/hardware hybrid question here. I currently have both my complete and incomplete folders pointed at my external 2TB HD, which is connected to my PC via eSATA.

However I'm about to buy a SSD for my primary boot(80-120GB depending on price). My question is, would it speed things up to put the Incomplete folder on the SSD while it extracts, deletes, and then transfers to the completed folder on the external via eSATA?

Or is the entire process CPU-dependent and its not worth separating the folders on different drives?

tldr I basically want to know if its worth putting my complete/incomplete folders on an SSD and transferring the media after.

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 24, 2011

Splendid!
Jun 14, 2011

Bow ties are cool.

Roving Reporter posted:

tldr I basically want to know if its worth putting my complete/incomplete folders on an SSD and transferring the media after.

Anything you put on the SSD will speed up. Your OS will boot lightning fast, things will open/update quicker, and yes it's possible that Usenet downloads will experience a speed boost. You should be fine putting only your incomplete folder on the SSD then let it transfer the completed file to the external HDD. I wouldn't recommend having your completed folder on the SSD due to it's size.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

angry_zellers posted:

Anything you put on the SSD will speed up. Your OS will boot lightning fast, things will open/update quicker, and yes it's possible that Usenet downloads will experience a speed boost. You should be fine putting only your incomplete folder on the SSD then let it transfer the completed file to the external HDD. I wouldn't recommend having your completed folder on the SSD due to it's size.

Unless you have crazy, insane, Swedish internet, putting the incomplete folder on a SSD will do nothing except speed up the processing of a file, after it's downloaded. I wouldn't recommend moving the folder to a SSD for that reason, and you'll be constantly writing to the thing.

Splendid!
Jun 14, 2011

Bow ties are cool.

EC posted:

Unless you have crazy, insane, Swedish internet, putting the incomplete folder on a SSD will do nothing except speed up the processing of a file, after it's downloaded. I wouldn't recommend moving the folder to a SSD for that reason, and you'll be constantly writing to the thing.

That's why I said it's possible you would see speed increases. I don't have an SSD but I have set a few up for clients. That's the the reason you would put the incomplete folder on the SSD is to speed up the file processing. There's nothing wrong with writing to it a lot, and it wouldn't be constant (unless you're always downloading files). That also shouldn't affect anything else happening on the drive either. They can handle the traffic.

Either way it would be interesting to see if there were gains or not. In my opinion though if there were gains it would be minimal.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
If you are seeing gains, chances are the program wasn't very efficient in its disk usage, or you have a funky I/O scheduler in the OS. Or you have a lot of other contending I/O/processes.
So really it would be a waste of money using an SSD for a downloads scratch directory unless if you are downloading and writing data at more than 70MB/s which could potentially outdo average 7200RPM drives, I guess! There's quite a bit of caching in the client to help reduce drive thrashing and what-have-you, too.

Crazy Swedish Internet would be the best use-case for SSD, then. But then I guess you could just build a RAID or get faster mechanical drives, for cheaper.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
What's the best usenet provider deal out there now? Are the ones in the OP still the best? Currently I'm using Astraweb but more and more lately I'm getting missing articles which is irritating when in comments there are people with (presumably) other usenet providers posting about how a particular nzb worked fine.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
I use Newshosting, personally. You could look at a premium provider that your programs promote as well, but I haven't really tried.

I just don't know if the 900+ days of retention is realistic. I usually don't have success for stuff that's 700 days or so old; it just will not repair successfully and I'd be missing one to five chunks. Screw that.

Red Marx
Dec 21, 2005

io_burn posted:

What's the best usenet provider deal out there now? Are the ones in the OP still the best? Currently I'm using Astraweb but more and more lately I'm getting missing articles which is irritating when in comments there are people with (presumably) other usenet providers posting about how a particular nzb worked fine.

I'd look in the OP to determine whether you should buy a subscription or block plan. If you decide to go with the sub plan, I'd definitely choose the supernews plan, you get a giganews reseller and all the benifites that brings, and it's only $10/month if you use the link in the op.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Red Marx posted:

I'd look in the OP to determine whether you should buy a subscription or block plan. If you decide to go with the sub plan, I'd definitely choose the supernews plan, you get a giganews reseller and all the benifites that brings, and it's only $10/month if you use the link in the op.

Totally signed up, thanks a ton. :)

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anyone have a link on how to setup automatic sorting of downloaded files using SickBeard / SabNZBD? Everything going into my Usenet folder isn't cutting it anymore.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Corbet posted:

Does anyone have a link on how to setup automatic sorting of downloaded files using SickBeard / SabNZBD? Everything going into my Usenet folder isn't cutting it anymore.
You just . . do it. Set up Sickbeard, turn off sorting in SABnzbd. Done.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
If you really need it, you can follow this guide, just ignore the parts that say Linux types of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I now have a nice happy Ubuntu server in place on my network for media management, and it occurs to me that putting SABnzb+ on there makes more sense than having it on my Windows PC. The install was all of two commands, so that was pretty simple, but I was wondering if there was any way I could migrate my configuration from my Windows install to the new Linux install.