Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I'm getting slow-downs with astraweb recently. It will download all day at 25mbit/s (my ISP max) and then suddenly vary wildly between 0kb/s and 500kb/s. I've tried switch between SSL and non-SSL and different ports. Any idea what's going on?

ISP is Verizon FIOS if it matters.

duz posted:

Yes. I probably should fix that up.

Please do :( I'll even donate a few dollars your way once it's working again if you have a donate button anywhere.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Awesome, thanks.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

So it looks like newzbin2 and some other large indexer are complying with takedown requests to certain things. Most recently "hunger games" listings were completely removed from all search results. Do you guys think this is going to start getting worse and eventually neuter these services?

Which works better with SABnzbd?

edit: missed mod note about not asking for invites. sorry!

hayden. fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 15, 2012

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Seems like the best place to ask: any recommended proxy providers for use with regular torrent clients? Seems easier to setup than a VPN.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

jimmsta posted:

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this random problem - Every so often, I'll end up getting horrifically slow speeds through Astraweb. If I go and change the server address and port, it seems to resolve the problem, but this happens at random, and only sometimes resolves the slowness. Has anyone else encountered such a problem while using Astraweb?

I've been using SABNzbd+ for years now, and have never really delved into the scripting portion or SickBeard, or anything else - as a long-time user of SAB, is there something more I should be using/doing?

Sometimes Astraweb will be slow as balls or stop working entirely for me, too. It never seems to last more than an hour, and it doesn't happen all that often that I notice.

I think Sickbeard is just if you want stuff to automatically download for you. I personally don't mind just looking up new stuff once a week and SB sounds like a pain to setup.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Why is it that there never seems to be any sites for a lot of the "release groups" or whatever they're called? It seems like such a group of people would at least have a web presence.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I don't know, what benefit do they get from spending so much time uploading content on Usenet?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Sucks that Newzbin2 closed. Could have at least stayed open to let us use remaining time and just not accept new payments.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I made a thread for people to put their NZB.su invite codes in.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3535945

Coupons can't be seen by the public so it's goon-only.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Did anyone else's NZB.su account stop working? I've tried logging in with all my possible username password combos and none work. Forget password option doesn't work either. I assume they just scrubbed some non-premium accounts. I use it pretty regularly though so I can't imagine it was due to do inactivity. I used a real email address for it too.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Also agreed that Astraweb has been really lovely recently. I keep it out of laziness and have Blocknews for times when I want something right now and Astraweb is slow.

I downloaded NzbDone and I'm having trouble with it:

-It doesn't detect the series I have already downloaded, even when I downloaded it through NzbDrone
-It often doesn't find any episode to download, or sometimes it will only be like a single episode out of 16 when I try to do a whole season
-I tried changing the resolution option to see if maybe there just weren't any 1080p available but the interface freaks won't let me save a series to the root folder and gently caress manually making a folder for every series which is what it seems it wants me to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I sometimes come across certain series that seem really diligent about take-down requests. Bob's Burgers is an example. Naturally I only know this because I look at the take-down requests.