Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/sabnzbd-as-a-windows-service

quote:

Updating the service

SABnzbd-service.exe -f <path> update

Works the same as "install", but should be used to change settings

By 'updating' you guys mean 'upgrading' right? As in, you don't have to jump through hoops when a new version of sabnzbd comes out and just type out that command line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

paradigmm posted:

I would recommend using "My Movies" in nzb.su and uninstalling CP.

Are you talking about "manage my movies" which gives you the IMDB searchbox?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

paradigmm posted:

https://nzb.su/mymovies

I haven't found anything CP does extra to be worthwhile, maybe because I use XBMC.

Hmmm, ok so i added a title... the only bad thing is it doesn't seem to be allow you to filter criteria (i.e. the size of the file, video resolution, or text string) like Couchpotato does...

For example, i typically like BRRIP files that are 720p resolution. Are there any options in nzbsu that would let me filter for this?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

The Modern Leper posted:

This is almost certainly a network question more than a Usenet question, but I'm hoping that there's an easy and obvious solution.

Linksys Wireless N router (E2500)
Wireless N USB adapter (2.4 GHz) on a desktop running SABnzbd (Windows 7)
Using astraweb, 12 connections

I'm getting slightly faster downloads compared to my old Linksys WRT54G, but downloads seem to completely overwhelm any other internet traffic. I can't get to Google -- nothing but DNS errors.

I don't think I used any prioritizing settings with my older router; can anyone think of any way to resolve this?

Schedule your sabnzbd activity when you're sleeping? That's what i do... i have it set from 1 am to 7 am only.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
I'm trying to use the 'send to my sabnzbd' button on nzb.su to instantaneously send files to sabnzbd, but it's not working, unlike nzbs.org.

I assume nzbs.org uses nzbdstatus addon and nzb.su doesn't since you have to enter in the ip and API key of your sab server in your profile?

My sabnzbd server is on it's own dedicated server so i don't know if this is the problem or not... i tried using both the http and https internal ip (i.e. https://192.168.1.133/sabnzbd)

I know for sure i entered in the right API key, but nothings working.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

duz posted:

If you grab the v2 beta of nzbdstatus, it'll work on nzb.su

Hmmm, still doesn't work with nzb.su :\

Edit: not sure if it makes a difference, but i'm using version 0.5.6 of sabnzbd.

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 6, 2011

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
For Sickbeard, nzb.su should be as reliable as nzbs.org, right? I think i have nzbs.org as my first option, so i doubt i get much currently from nzb.su

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Ugh, i'm trying to get used to nzb.su now that nzbs.org is gone.

A couple things aren't working relating to the nzbstatus extension i'm using with firefox. When i click on the nzb arrow next to something i want to download, it's not sending to my sabnzbd server. When i try to manually download something, sabnzbd isn't picking the right category of file (and thus the hard drive and folder name it's supposed to go to). These are things that worked for me with nzbs.org.

I entered my API key/url of my sab installation in the nzb.su profile page (my sab installation is on a windows home server machine, if that makes a difference). The URL is https://homeserver:7070/sabnzbd.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Tindahbawx posted:

Sooo, I was chewing through that 200GB Blocknews chunk at a right old rate (120gb in 4 days), so I went ahead and got a NewsDemon unlimited account, and set Blocknews to be the backup server.

Unfortunately I've just found out that they're both Highwinds resellers, so that was a bit stupid. Ah well, can't be helped now.

So, should I switch the Blocknews backup account to something different when its used up? Suggestions for block account, that isn't Highwinds?

Or should I switch the NewsDemon account at the end of the month to something else, again, that isn't Highwinds, as I'll keep the remainder of the Blocknews as the backup in this case.

Thanks!

Also is there any other indexers that I should know of aside from NZBmatrix (which I discovered I had a VIP account on), NZB.su and DogNZB?

I'm a newsdemon user and i'm quite happy with them. The only problems i've had with them are sometimse i can't download old stuff because it's corrupted, but i haven't really had much problem with new stuff.

I'm paying $5.20 a month (from a black friday deal) for an unlimited connection w/ SSL. It's totally worth it at that price.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Danforth05 posted:

NZBs.org isn't closing down anymore, I guess. From the IRC:

"We've been convinced to keep running so we will not be shutting down this week as originally planned. Sorry for the roller coaster ride folks.
Anyways we will be switching to the beta. If you have not logged in there yet please do so. I'd recommend you check that your email address on this site is valid before logging into the beta."

PRAISE JESUS! I've been dreading the past few days.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Keevon posted:

I've noticed NZBs.org isn't really possible to get into for the past long while, is there a reason why it's better than other NZB sites?

No d/l limits (no VIP bs), good interface, works with nzbdstatus, doesn't have much of a problem with missing stuff that other nzb sites has, etc.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Keevon posted:

Gotcha, are they doing invites or is it just completely closed?

No clue... they open up registrations from time to time

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
I just started using couchpotato.

I notice that there's an option for 720p and also BR-RIPs. If i select BR-Rips, is it possible to get them in 720p, or do it just snatch whatever BR-RIP there is, regardless of resolution? Thanks.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Mthrboard posted:

If you want 720p, you have to choose that. BR-rip is just like DVD-rips size and quality-wise, except it's sourced from a Bluray disk instead of a DVD.

Hmm, that kinda stinks, i noticed that there are a lot of BR-Rips that are in 720p though. They seem smaller in size than regular 720p files

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
I'm on ancient versions of sickbeard and sabnzbd... do the new versions have the ability to install new updates by itself rather than having to download and install a fresh version (i know sickbeard used to do this at least)? THanks.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
I've been pretty happy with newsdemon so far. A couple of snafus with paypal autorenewals is about it with problems.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Nzb.su is a goon created site, right?

A private goon indexer would be rad though.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
I'm using a very old version of sabnzbd (0.5.6 or something like that) and i see there's a 0.7.something version available. If i make such a big jump in the upgrade, will anything bad happen? I have an old sickbeard installation that i also probably have to upgrade as well. Thanks

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
I'm using a very old build of Sickbeard (build 487) on a WHS system.

If i install over it with a new version, will it still keep my old settings?

Do i have to backup config files? And if so, where are they located?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Ashex posted:

config.ini is usually in the install directory, not sure on windows systems though. Just backup the whole thing as it's pretty small and upgrade.

thanks

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Hey guys, i've been running SABNZBD for a long time now. I was running a super old version on my WHS server until last week when i updated to the newest version.

On the old version of SAB, after say 6 or so hours, i wouldn't be able to connect to SAB anymore via my web browser. However, it was still 'running' because it would still download stuff that sickbeard was sending to it. After about a week, SAB would just stop working altogether (sickbeard requests won't get through) and i'd have to reboot my WHS.

I was hoping that when i upgraded to the newest SAB this problem would go away, but it's still happening. Does anyone know what's going on?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

EC posted:

Did you upgrade on top of an existing version? If so, I'd suggest completely uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that fixes it. Be sure to screen shot your categories section and newer versions of SAB don't have them setup by default.

Yeah i'll try that thanks

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
I'm trying to get SABNzbd to run as a service on my windows server 2012 installation. I've looked at a couple of guides and they don't seem to work. I have the newest version of SABNzbd installed (just built this server today). Anyone have any idea how to do this?

My SABnzbd is currently installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd path.

Thanks!

Edit: This is what i try to do:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd> SABnzbd-service.exe -f "C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd" install

This is the error which i'm getting, which makes no sense because i'm in the SABnzbd directory and the SABnzbd-service.exe executable file is there!:

SABnzbd-service.exe : The term 'SABnzbd-service.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file,
or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and
try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ SABnzbd-service.exe -f "C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd" install
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (SABnzbd-service.exe:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 8, 2014

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Hey for some reason, whenever sickbeard snatches a TV show off usenet, it copies the episode into the show name folder, but leaves the original download outside in the root folder, does anyone know why and how i can fix this?

Ashex posted:

It looks like you're running it through powershell, switch to command prompt and see if it runs there.

Yeah, seems like a pain in the butt to setup, i just setup a task instead, thanks.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Sub Rosa posted:

Uncheck "Keep Original Files" in Post-Processing.

Ugh, so many things to tick off, of course i miss the most obvious one, thanks!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
It's been years since i've used SABNZBD and PVR Software...

Between Sonarr, Sickbeard, Sickrage and whatever other PVR software there is, which is the best currently right now (that works with sabnzbd)? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think almost everyone uses Sonarr these days, haven't heard anyone use Sickbeard or the spinoffs in years.

Great thanks!@