Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
How many search providers do I need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Shane-O-Mac posted:

If you're worried about one download using up a lot of it, you could always disable it in SABnzbd until you need it. If a download fails, then turn on Blocknews.

If you set a server as "Backup" in SAB, it will only use it if it can't find a file in any of your non-backup servers. So basically, the same thing as you described, only automatically.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
The Soup, S9E999: there aren't two soup awards, don't restore this episode

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Is there a way to tell sickbeard that a given NZB is bad, and it shouldn't try to download it again?

Frindevil posted:

May set aside today as a snow day where I install, get to grips with and nurture a romance with Sickbeard finally. Daunting because I see all the posts with questions, but I'm a techie so I should be okay.

People with problems tend to post more than people who don't have a problem. This makes it look like everyone has problems.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Xachariah posted:

When I try to go to NZB.su or dognzb I just get redirected to the wikipedia article on NZB's. What's up with that?

No, you don't.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

SteviaFan420 posted:

Will sickbeard rename and organize a folder full of already downloaded tv shows?

Are they new shows, or more expisodes of shows that are already listed in Sickbeard?

If it's a new show, select: Add shows, Add Existing Shows

Then do a rename on the show.

In the other case:

Morkai posted:

do a manual post process and point it at the folder

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

SteviaFan420 posted:

I haven't used sickbeard before and just have a really big usenet folder with everything in it.

Create two TV folders: One as the final destination, and a second as a folder for SAB to drop files it downloads for Sick Beard. Put all your existing TV in the final destination.

The first time you access Sick Beard, it's going to ask you where all your poo poo is, and prompt you to add your existing shows.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I downloaded a file with an é in the name. It goes into some sort of purgatory where I can see the folder, but when I try to open the folder it says the folder doesn't exist.

I have Replace Illegal Characters in Folder Names enabled, but is there a way to get SAB to try harder?

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
This is running on on my NAS, so I could SSH in and delete it. But it still screws up my normal automation workflow.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
It will try all of your normal servers, and then will try your servers set as Backup.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
The thread convinced me to try NZBDrone. I currently run Sickbeard on my Synology, so I wanted to run NZBDrone on the same. Unfortunately, it looks like Mono doesn't compile on qoriq, so I'm out of luck.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
My install of Sonarr doesn't seem to run tasks anymore. If I go to /System/Tasks, I can run them manually, but it doesn't search or check for finished downloads on its own.

Is there a config option to make them run? I'm on Ubuntu, do I need a crontab entry somewhere?

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

That used to happen on mine every now and again, last time it was a known bug and restarting the service sorted it

I thought it had been fixed, you up to date?

I'm up to date, and appears to be working since my last restart. I'll keep an eye on it.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
You might just need to kill the running instance of sonarr, and then the rc.d controlled instance can take over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I had a download mess up like that once. I just watched the files to figure out what episode they were. Luckily they had an episode title at like 61s into the episode.