Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
It's available in Usenet. Maybe adjust your retention settings in your search provider since what you're looking for was posted about two years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
Is there anybody here using FrugalUsenet? For $5.99/month, I get 300 days retention and SSL. I'm currently using SuperNews right now but for $4 less per month (I'm unemployed right now so every penny counts), I'm thinking of switching because almost all of my downloads are newer releases. I just want to get some feedback from current users.

Thanks in advance.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

sharktamer posted:

I'm using it for that exact reason. 300 days is more than enough. A block account as backup for rare old downloads and everything's nice.

Thanks for the insight.

I just saw somebody mentioning about Astraweb's 3-month deal for $20. That's $6.67/month on the average for the same 1200+ days retention or only 67 cents more than FrugalUsenet. After the lapse of the first three-month period, can it be renewed for another three months and so forth? Because if that would be the case (instead of a one-time thing), that would be so worth it and I might just get that over FrugalUsenet.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

I think that's fine by me. I have sucky Internet anyway (5 Mbit/second max) so it won't bother me. Thanks for the input. I'll make the switch after this billing period with Supernews ends.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Sorry if this is a dumb question but where exactly is the Send to SAB button in the newly-revamped NZBs.org? I have SABConnect installed in Chrome and I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

kri kri posted:

You set your SAB server up in your profile, and then clicking the send to SAB sends it. I would think most people use a browser extension but its still a nice feature. Same thing nzb.su does.

Anything that cannot complete always shows up as failed in my history.

Was it always like that? Before the changes in the site, I don't have problems with the Send to SAB button. I wonder why they changed that.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

edit: nevermind

Demented Guy fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 4, 2012

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

I'm using Astra/Blocknews combo and still suffer from so many failed downloads. What's the best "combo" out there to rectify this?

And if there's anyone out there who has a spare invite for NZB.su, I'd gladly take it.

Demented Guy fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Feb 27, 2013

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

As I've said before, I have Astra/Blocknews.

To help mitigate failed downloads, I'm plannig to have Supernews (main)/Blocknews/NewsgroupsDirect (block accounts are on sale) as my combo. These are different providers/resellers right? Will this help with completions? I understand it's not 100% guaranteed completions but I just want somehing better than my current setup.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Thanks for the quick response. Can you suggest any that has cheap block plans?

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Thanks man. I'll set it up later when I get home.

Supernews/Astra(2 months still remaining)/Blocknews/NGD/TNews (50gb) would set me up pretty nicely for the next two months I believe. Dropping Astra after my current term expires.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

pixaal posted:

Seriously you could forward 8081 on your router and log in from your phone while on the road if you really wanted to add a show or see if something had downloaded.

How do you do this? I'd like to access my always-on SABNzbd/Sickbeard/CP setup wherever I am. Thanks in advance! I have a lovely router though if that affects anything (Belkin N300)

Demented Guy fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 8, 2013

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Thanks goons. I'll try it on the weekend when I have a spare time.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

That's what I use and it works pretty well. I do all the downloading and unpacking in my AD10 with external hard drives as the final file destination. OpenELEC is installed in an old laptop HDD where temporary downloaded files are being stored by SABNZBd before being removed after the unpacking. I use NZBUnity on my phone to track the status of these programs. You can also use a normal PC/laptop to access it remotely. The only thing I need to setup is accessing the Suite wherever I am. The good goons here presented good tutorials. I just need to find some time to set it up. I also need a not-poo poo router that can assign static DHCP to my AD10 box because it changes all the drat time and fucks up my bookmarks/NZBUnity to access the Suite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Astraweb was slow too last night (~400 kBps)