Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

wolrah posted:

Yeah, your ISP isn't inspecting your Usenet traffic and picking out file names or anything like that, they don't care and they don't want to care. If they were to do something like that it'd actually put them in a legally worse spot because they'd be stepping out from behind the "common carrier" shield to a point where they were actively policing traffic.

Pardon my ignorance on how this whole thing works, but why is this true for usenet traffic, but not torrents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Wonder how many people are finding out about this today when their auto stuff suddenly stops working.

e: Also looks like Amazon tagged episodes of American Dad have caused yet further confusion on this show as I've got 4 downloads that belong godknows where. I'm gonna guess episodes I already have but I'll have to test each one by hand and manually sort out. Truly the worst show for this.

I loving hate American Dad cause it was one of the first shows I tested when I was setting up Sonarr and it kept making me think the whole thing was broken, I still don't know how to fix it, it always grabs the wrong season after 13 or so.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
Can anyone help me out here? I've got Sonarr tracking the show "Once Upon a Time", and it has been grabbing episodes fairly consistently, but there are some gaps in some seasons (or entire seasons) where nothing is grabbed.

When I do a manual search, I get a list of perfectly accurate search results, but Sonarr complains about "Unknown Series" and won't let me add them to the download queue:

I've grabbed some of these manually and they work perfectly well, how can I coerce Sonarr to pick them up?

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

Vykk.Draygo posted:

When you find them with a manual search, what does it say when you hover over the red exclamation mark?

Like I mentioned, the only issue listed there is "Unknown Series", I believe my profiles are set up properly, given that quite a bit of the show was automatically grabbed without any problems.

e: for reference:

The same error is shown for most of the search results, I believe this is an issue with this particular series but I haven't been able to figure out why.

Fano fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 20, 2019

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
Is there anything I can do on my end? This is happening with NZBGeek as well as the 2 or 3 free indexers I have as backup.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

Thermopyle posted:

The log files should tell you specifically why it rejected them as unknown series.

Here's an excerpt from the logs after I did a manual search on one of the missing episodes, I'm not entirely sure what it's failing to do:

code:
19-4-21 19:16:46.4|Trace|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing release 69/133
19-4-21 19:16:46.4|Debug|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing release 'Once.Upon.A.Time.S05E02.1080p.BluRay.x264-ROVERS-Obfuscated' from 'NZBGeek'
19-4-21 19:16:46.5|Debug|Parser|Parsing string 'Once.Upon.A.Time.S05E02.1080p.BluRay.x264-ROVERS-Obfuscated'
19-4-21 19:16:46.5|Trace|Parser|^(?<title>.+?)(?:(?:[-_\W](?<![()\[!]))+S?(?<season>(?<!\d+)(?:\d{1,2})(?!\d+))(?:[ex]|\W[ex]){1,2}(?<episode>\d{2,3}(?!\d+))(?:(?:\-|[ex]|\W[ex]|_){1,2}(?<episode>\d{2,3}(?!\d+)))*)\W?(?!\\)
19-4-21 19:16:46.5|Debug|Parser|Episode Parsed. Once Upon A Time - S05E02 
19-4-21 19:16:46.5|Debug|Parser|Language parsed: English
19-4-21 19:16:46.5|Debug|QualityParser|Trying to parse quality for Once.Upon.A.Time.S05E02.1080p.BluRay.x264-ROVERS-Obfuscated
19-4-21 19:16:46.5|Debug|Parser|Quality parsed: Bluray-1080p v1
19-4-21 19:16:46.5|Debug|Parser|Release Group parsed: ROVERS
19-4-21 19:16:46.5|Debug|ParsingService|No matching series Once Upon A Time
19-4-21 19:16:46.5|Debug|DownloadDecisionMaker|Release rejected for the following reasons: [Permanent] Unknown Series
I don't want to cross the boundary of talking about specific usenet content in this thread so please let me know if I'm going too far here.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

Taima posted:

Hey yall, I've been doing Usenet forever, but I just got a gigabit FTTH connection and unfortunately it doesn't look like Newsgroup Ninja allows you to cap out on their service (despite saying UNLIMITED SPEED yeah sure guys). My current cap hovers around 60 megabytes/second.

So my question is, am I doing something wrong? What do I need to do to get full gigabit speeds on Usenet? I'm using the max connections.

I just got a gigabit line as well and I've never seen speeds over 40-45 Mbps....I've been wondering if any of my configuration is messed up (or if I'm being ripped off by AT&T) but I don't know enough about these things to troubleshoot it effectively.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
Is it somehow possible to tell sonarr/radarr to look for releases with at least one or two subtitle tracks? I'd like to at least get an english/spanish subtitle track on each of my movies so that my non-english speaking dad can enjoy my Plex library.

VV didn't know this! super handy.

Fano fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 14, 2019

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
I hope that this means that someone will come up with an easy solution to fix American Dad because I am so done trying to manually wrangle this loving show

VV even without having sonarr automate it and trying to find the right episodes with the right names manually was too much of a pain, I still don't know which releases are doing it properly and which aren't and I can't be arsed anymore :cry:

Fano fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 31, 2019

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
I've had a lot of failures lately as I've moved my 4K movies to a different drive and started grabbing 1080p versions for my remote plex users, some movies took several tries and searches before I was able to grab a version that didn't fail to complete.

I use newshosting as my provider and NBZGeek as my indexer.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Oh weird, they must've changed it on Netflix when the season opened because it never used to be -

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=53836&p=144127&hilit=big+mouth#p144127

I guess it's listed under Resolved Requests, so it must've been moved to Specials then moved back to Season 3 when the new episodes came out. Whoever did the releases must've not been paying attention then as all my episodes are out of sync with the descriptions, at least that makes it easily fixed on my end.

Can you tell me what you did to fix this? my indexer grabbed all the METCON releases and I'm also missing an episode. It looks like Episode 2 is missing and episodes 10 and 11 are duplicates.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah I fixed it by deleting the metcon ones and grabbing the ntb ones instead. Quickest solve!

Thanks, will do the same.

Is there some way to configure sonarr to try to match episodes in a series so that they are all from the same release group, regardless of which group it may be?

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Getting a lot of "this release is blacklisted" on NZBgeek. Does this mean that the release no longer exists on the servers due to DMCA or something?

If your downloader fails to complete a download it will automatically blacklist the release so that it doesn't keep trying to grab it ad-infinitum.

I see this a lot with some shows, makes me think I should pick up a block account at some point on a different provider.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
My newshosting subscription is set to expire in December and I figured these BF sales are a way better time to re-up than to wait until the end of the year.

I'm tempted to pick up theCubeNet's $30/year deal as I was previously paying 99.99 for newshosting.

Is Highwinds the backbone of choice? Would I see an appreciable difference on a separate backbone? I often get many failed downloads before finding one that works, it's usually on older content and it's not terribly inconvenient but I'd like to eliminate the manual process as much as possible. Newer stuff usually gets picked up without issue.

I've never used a backup block account, but maybe this is something I should consider as well.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

Thermopyle posted:

I'm struggling to break 23MB/s with NewsDemon. I should be hitting around 50MB/s. I've messed around with lower and higher connections to no avail.

I haven't really ever cared too much because everything is usually automated and just shows up in my library and I don't worry about it. But now I'm trying to organize and backfill and upgrade quality of poo poo and it's irritating waiting around for stuff to download.

Anyone getting 50+MB/s with a provider they're happy with?

(yes I mean megabytes not megabits)

My gigabit line gives me around 68-90 MB/s on NewsDemon, I use 50 connections and I haven't really touched any other setting.

It's pretty close to the theoretical limit of 1 Gbps which is 125 MB/s so I've been happy with it.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
If I go into one of my quality profiles and remove one of the higher qualities while changing the cutoff to something lower, will Sonnar/Raddar replace my large files with smaller ones that meet the new criteria?

I've got a bunch of remuxes that I'd like to swap out for Blueray and/or WEBDL versions in order to save some space, what's the proper way of doing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
I'm getting a lot more failures after switching from NewsHosting to NewsDemon + BulkNews, I also messed with my profiles a bunch to prefer x265 and x264 over everything else.

I wonder if it's related to profiles or if NewsDemon is just a shittier provider.