Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

So I have hydra running, but one of the new (to me from .org) places has all these things saying don’t use hydra, or if you do be careful and not grab the nzbs with hydra. And then they're super helpful and say "If you are interested why, you likely already know the reason." :rolleyes:

Why does it matter to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Rexxed posted:

I've been happy with newsdemon and a blocknews account as a backup.

Aren't these two on the same backbone, or am I misreading the info?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

If everything is obfuscated these days, how or who does the de obfuscation?

Édit: and why aren’t nzbs posted to Usenet itself?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Incessant Excess posted:

It might be a good idea to check your indexers forums occasionally. I saw a post on one of mine that advises to configure Hydra in a certain way, else you run the risk of losing API access.

Yeah, but I have no idea why they care so much? The post is all lovely saying if you have to ask why you must already know why. But I have no idea. :eng99:

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Thermopyle posted:

Docker is perfect for one-off apps that you want to fiddle around with.

It's the only good usecase I've found for docker. It's dumb as hell for day to day development, unless you're like a contractor switching projects all the time, and it's stupid as hell for production. For random programs on my nas written in god knows what, it's good.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

ClassH posted:

nzbs.in banned me once. 2 different IP's accessed it, (work and home through hydra) and they accused me of sharing. I emailed them and they unbanned me but said they would again. So I changed hydra to proxy nzbs from my home.

huh. I was traveling for a while and still had my home going as normal, but would use their web interface to grab this and that. But the only API use was from home. Were you using the api from both places?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I've been trying out deemix for a bit, but it seems to just get stuck and stop progressing the queue. Have any of you ran into that and maybe know some settings to change? I tried going down to just 1 concurrent dl, but that didn't seem to change anything.