Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yep same here. poo poo box with xbmc live, poo poo server nas with sab/sb, stream over gigabit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

iamthexander posted:

paradigmm what shitbox are you using?

XBMC => Acer Revo 1600 2GB (XBMC Live Ubuntu)
NAS => Acer Easystore (Windows Home Server)
both use atom processors, streams 1080p no issues

I hosed with a Synology DS210j for a while as the NAS but it was a total pain in the rear end so I said to hell with it.

Some things about WHS are laughable but it was easy as gently caress to configure.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nodoze posted:

I upgraded to 0.6.1 and now every time I add a new nzb it opens up it's own instance of SAB +1 of whatever the last one was, like localhost9110, 9120 etc. Even when I shut it down and re-start it is still doing it. It's probably something stupid but I'm not sure what

its a problem on win7 where it doesnt see localhost because it binds to ipv6 address, theres a 0.6.2 in testing which embeds curl to test ipv4 localhost because it was easier to do that then upgrade the windows bindary to use python26 over py25 which apparently had this problem (shypike said something like this)

its nothing you are doing, the fix should be out shortly (days?)

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Auriak posted:

Thanks for the heads up! I was just about to update but now I will hold off.

it only happens in windows 7 when you set the interface to be https-only and open nzbs from windows explorer

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I would recommend using "My Movies" in nzb.su and uninstalling CP.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mister Fister posted:

Are you talking about "manage my movies" which gives you the IMDB searchbox?

https://nzb.su/mymovies

EC posted:

CP still does quite a bit more, though. Way more advanced options for categories, metadata/trailer download (when it's working), and notifications. Thanks for pointing that feature out, though, I had no idea it existed.

I haven't found anything CP does extra to be worthwhile, maybe because I use XBMC.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Godinster posted:

Just popping in to say I updated and I absolutely love the new UI.

Cool thanks, sorry the queue-related menus are kind of a mess, I ran out of time to polish it up before release.

The config changes were ripped from zoggy's work on Sickbeard, and I think the layouts work out pretty well.

The RSS tabs I wasn't sure about but I think they work well enough. Maybe should make Filters tab default rather than Settings.

paradigmm fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 30, 2011

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
nzbmatrix does as well, and newzbin

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Clown posted:

Has SABConnect++ for Chrome broken for anyone else?

not for me, but i had to manually update to 0.5 https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/okphadhbbjadcifjplhifajfacbkkbod

(new author or something)

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The Gunslinger posted:

Not a big deal but is there going to be a new release soon? 0.6.4 broke the on finish stuff so I can't auto-sleep after finishing the queue anymore. I don't mind waiting a bit but if its going to be a few weeks before the next release then I'll just downgrade to 0.6.2 until then.

I saw 0.6.5 being prepared this morning.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

kri kri posted:

Is there a way to turn off the category options in Plush? Its way too much info horizontally and it gets cut off in my browser at the size I like it.

Not built in, but if you remove the HTML from SABnzbd/interfaces/Plush/templates/queue.tmpl it won't break anything.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Marvel posted:

1 year Astraweb deal

It's not worth the risk.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

amf5 posted:

feature I haven't seen on any other indexer: it actually searches inside RARs

newznab/nzb.su does this as well and additionally has thumbnail previews of video media :cool:

edit: nevermind, realized you were talking about the actual "search" function

paradigmm fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 11, 2011

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

amf5 posted:

Yeah, I can't really wrap my head around how that works without them actually downloading everything first :psypop:

Newznab has to have someone add poo poo to whatever it already has indexed, right?

no the image previews are totally automated, it just grabs a little bit of the first rar and uses ffmpeg or something to pull the deal

newznab also does password checking, so anything on there from the past 6 months or so should not be passworded

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Putka you can get much better speeds with pretty much any other usenet provider. Who the gently caress is lightning usenet?

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

kri kri posted:

Pair of Dimes can you make the plush theme have an option to remove the edit options?

Not working on it anymore, sorry.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

When TheTVDB and The Scene numbering disagree you're hosed as far as automatic downloading goes.

Not true, if you read the sickbeard forums, there are all sorts of sql patches which convert to scene numbering.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The Gunslinger posted:

Well I can usually get it to update by clicking on the show and doing a "Force Full Update". I'm just trying to see if I can find the root cause because there's nothing in the logs related to it and no tvdb errors either. I guess I could do a little script to force full update on the whole library once a week but I worry about getting banned from tvdb for API spam or whatever.

its because tvdb said one thing, sickbeard did its initial show setup, then tvdb changed its listings... you have to remove the show and add it back in sickbeard for it to pick up on it for some reason

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

EC posted:

I'm clearing out room on my WHS box that runs SAB, and noticed I've got about a gig of space taken up by the "cache" folder. Is it safe to delete this, or should I leave it alone? A gig is a lot when I've only got 20gb on the system partition.

As long as you have nothing in your queue, delete it. I don't think SAB 0.6 even uses the cache folder anymore, at least not for downloads. Shypike says create folders on D:\

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
chmod a+x
or make sure it is pointing to correct version of python in the script header
Did it work previously?

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
code:
clown@Server:~$ /home/clown/.sabnzbd/scripts/sabToSickBeard.py
Don't type in "python" because sabnzbd does not do this.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Try typing "which python" and it should give you the actual path. Sometimes python is installed elsewhere. With that path, include it at the top of the .py

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Hypnolobster posted:

Should I give them money again?

Hell no.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

td4guy posted:

Looks like people are starting to get fed up with the DMCA takedowns on major providers. This is the front page of the NZBsRus indexing site right now:

The gently caress does this have to do with censorship? What a lovely ad, just shows how crappy NZBsRus is.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

kri kri posted:

Put a password on SAB and just use the mobile interface from your web browser?

Yea if you just delete the HTML links to the queue/history from the Mobile template that would work.
SABnzbd/interfaces/Mobile/templates/main.tmpl

Otherwise you could set up some trigger that hits the sabnzbd api to pause via wget.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
code:
************************  SABnzbd 0.6.15 ************************

What's new:
- Extend OSX menu with troubleshooting options
- Change newzbin URL
- Flag post-processing as failed when files cannot be moved/copied to destination
- Move "locale" construction from Plush skin to Python code.
  Some embedded Linux platforms show unstable behavior with the original construction.
- Add special setting to use "pickle" library instead of cPickle.
  This is needed for some embedded Linux distros (e.g. OpenElec).
- Minor fixes: see changelog.txt

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lusername posted:

Assuming I understand this correctly, how come when a usenet provider gets hit with a DMCA takedown, they usually only remove a small part of the copyright infringing post, and not the whole thing? I understand it makes business sense since they want to retain customers (who can just use a separate block account to fill in the missing parts), but surely it goes against the spirit of the DMCA? It's like hosting a copyrighted mp3 on your web server, and when you inevitably get hit with a DMCA notice, you just shave off the last two seconds of the song, and then claim you've complied.

I believe they simply do not need to take every article down in order to be compliant. Also that is an unfair comparison, it's not like that at all.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lord Dekks posted:

Ah, could just having the folder open in windows explorer be doing that? I tend to often have it open to see which files I don't need anymore and can be deleted.

There is an option in Config>Switches to disable renaming.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Shane-O-Mac posted:

Apologies, I'm not sure if I should post this here, in the HTPC thread, or the XBMC thread. Since my problem mostly concerns SABnzbd and Sick Beard, I'll post it here.

I want to create an HTPC setup featuring Sick Beard. I would use a netbook with an attached external hard drive as the HTPC, as documented on Life Hacker. The computer will boot directly into XBMC.

Ideally I would like to install SAB+Sick Beard to the XBMC OS, and have them run when I start up the computer. Is this possible, or can Sick Beard only run on a more traditional OS? Also, would Sick Beard be able to download directly to the external drive?

Install this http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/xbmcbuntu-11-0-xbmcfreak-edition-v1/

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

EC posted:

Is the NZBMatrix API just hosed?

Yes it is.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Achmed Jones posted:

What's the point of using browser plugins and send-to-SABnzbd buttons on websites? Why not just have SAB watch your browser's download folder for nzb files?

SAB installed on different computer

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

inpheaux posted:

So this is happening.

(Also, it looks like as of 0.7 the web UI is no longer considered by us to be "friendly".)

So what are the features? Hopefully more intelligent usage of backup servers?

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Radio Talmudist posted:

This question has probably been asked a bajillion times, but is there a consensus as to what the best .nzb index is in terms of comprehensiveness?

nzbmatrix but it has a pretty abysmal interface

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

YouTuber posted:

Is there any substantial advantages to undo what I have with my Windows 7 HTPC and run it under a Linux distro? I've already got the drives mapped for when I want to access over the network. I can dial in with TightVNC to correct any problems, and I can use the web interface to do all my work on this computer when it comes to adding and deleting poo poo via Sickbeard/Couchpotato.

I'm a total amateur when it comes to Linux. I used Ubuntu for maybe 15 minutes back in 2008 and a liveCD version of Knoppix to do something to a computer that I forget. It sits in XBMC almost 24/7 with Sickbeard and others running in the background.

Nope, not unless you plan to do a lot of scripting. It would also make it easier to run these programs from source/bleeding edge, but who cares as it's not worth sacrificing a working setup. Wouldn't bother unless you're extremely bored and want to learn something.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mthrboard posted:

Help! I just upgraded SABnzbd to 0.7.0 and suddenly I can't enable SSL on my servers, the checkbox is greyed out. It was working before the upgrade. I'm running SABnzbd on Fedora 14, with Python 2.7.3. I just upgraded Python from 2.7.0 to 2.7.3 (compiled from source) prior to upgrading SAB, so maybe I screwed something up there. If I switch the servers to non-SSL, it downloads like normal.

Install pyOpenSSL for your new version of Python.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Porkchop Express posted:

Has anyone tried using Sickstache on their android phone and got it working with Sickbeard? I installed it and put in all of the correct information, but it keeps giving me an error message, and i dont know what the gently caress.

Just tried it, this app is great. Did you configure sickbeard to be accessible over your network, or is it localhost only?