Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Heners_UK posted:

(for comparison, supernews is a highwinds reseller and highwinds appears to get a lot of dcma take downs and acts very quickly)
i thought supernews used giganews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Got everything set up with SABnzbd, sonarr, astraweb, and an indexer, but it seems sonarr isn't downloading anything in my wishlist. I have to manually start it in SABnzbd for it to recognize. I have yet to see if it works with new episodes. I have no errors in sonarr and all the connections test ok. Any reason for this?

They say something on their faq about it but basically it's supposed to act that way.

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-scheduling-0-7

quote:

Pause will stop downloading
Pause-all will stop downloading, Watched Folder scanning and RSS feeds, stops all disk activity.

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
I can't answer all your questions, but I'll tackle the ones I can.

Knyteguy posted:

With regards to Sonarr, if I choose "Any HD" for a series, will this download both 1080p/720p/duplicates, or will it just grab the first, best quality (my preferred option), or will it download the first HD available? I haven't seen many high fidelity 1080p rips anyway, so this may not matter.
You can see and modify how the profiles work by clicking Settings > Profiles. I think it picks up the first HD rip it sees, then it may replace it with a higher quality rip if one is uploaded later.

quote:

Also what are the cool guy programs/plugins for automation or just QoL improvements, besides what I already have (SABnzbd Sonarr), if any? Anything specifically for movies?
CouchPotato is what's generally used for movies. I haven't used anything else besides SABnzbd, Sonarr, and CouchPotato.

quote:

How often does this stuff break? Like how often do you have to ssh into your server, or RDP or whatever, to fix stuff/get it working again/restart services/whatever?
Seems rock solid to me. Sonarr and CouchPotato autoupdate themselves, and SABnzbd doesn't update often though 1.0.0 is probably coming sometime this year.

quote:

How much CPU demand is there for Sonarr/SABnbzd?
SABnzbd's wiki has info on how to limit CPU and IO usage. I doubt Sonarr uses much. I've never had to pay attention to system resources though. Transcoding streaming videos will probably take more resources than the three software apps combined.

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Irritated Goat posted:

Ok. Quick sanity check. If I'm running Sonarr, have NZBGet and Deluge in there as downloads, it should be OK to do post-processing once a download is complete? It seems like when it comes to stuff in Deluge, it just never bothers post-processing anything.

Edit: Actually, it's doing it to NZBGet stuff too. 1 file was downloaded last night. It's still sitting in the downloads folder.
Check the activity section of Sonarr. It may not have postprocessed for one reason or another, and you can do a manual import. The red exclamation mark icon should explain why Sonarr didn't process it.