Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Secx posted:

Is the retention on Newsdemon really that bad or do they delete posts due to DMCA notices?

I'm trying to download two nzbs. One 100 days old, the other 200 days old. Both fail because the post is no longer on the server. I tried with both SABnzbd and Newsbin. Tried the .nzb from nzbmatrix.com and nzbs.org

Recent posts are fine though.

I've been having tons of completion problems with them recently, with stuff that should be well within their retention (4-500 days). When I first signed up I didn't have any problems older stuff. I was even able to complete an 800 day old download that was incomplete from my previous provider (NewsgroupDirect...another Highwinds reseller...explain that one for me). Is the multitude of new indexers making it easier for the copyright holders to send DMCA takedown notices for older posts? Or maybe I just have extremely bad luck in picking older stuff to download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Godinster posted:

Any idea what the last version was where the list was in? I'll just uninstall, install that version and then upgrade. Thanks for the info

They were in 0.5.6, but when I upgraded to 0.6, they weren't there any more. It's not that hard to re-create them, and then you can make them work with your favorite NZB provider.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Ingram posted:

I have about 10 files that are all broken and in need of repair. I've tried redownloading them but no luck. I even purchased 5gb from Blocknews to see if I could get the missing pieces there but nope.

Looks like I'm screwed.

Who's your usenet provider, and how old are the posts you're trying to download? I was using Newsgroupdirect for a while, and then Newsdemon, and had trouble with a lot of older posts being incomplete and irreparable, even with Blocknews as a backup. Last month I switched to Supernews when they upped their retention (1099 days as of this post), and I haven't had a single incomplete file since. I was even able to download parts to repair the files that were incomplete from NGD or Newsdemon. If you're using a lovely Highwinds reseller, get a new provider.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Polidoro posted:

I cancelled my trial Newsdemon account two days ago and never got offered a discount :smith:.
Do I really need an unlimited account if I have a Blocknews one? What's the recommended provider right now? I don't want to pay more than $10 if possible.

I'd go with Supernews. Using the link in the OP, you can get it for $9.99/mo. They offer unlimited data and unlimited bandwidth, and their retention over 1150 days (and growing).

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

LaserWash posted:

This seems like a pain in the rear end.

http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3488

How likely am I to gently caress up sickbeard if I try that?

Worst case, you'd have to delete the specific show you screwed up and re-add it.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Hamburglar posted:

Why I am getting like 90% of the downloads saying "Download Failed - Out of Your Server's Retention"? I am getting it on files that are only a few weeks old. Using SABnzbd with Firefox.

It's weird too because it looks like it's downloading, and then it does this when the progress bar is at the end. It is doing this on every computer in my home.

Double-check the clean-up list (at the bottom of the page under Config -> General) to make sure it's not deleting files you want to keep. If, for example, you downloaded an NZB that only contained the posts for a .txt file, but you had it set to delete .txt files, it will come up with that error. Also, if you have it set to delete samples or not download them (Config -> Switches), and the NZB you downloaded only contained a sample file, it will also give the error.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

BooDaa posted:

It looks like when couchpotato downloads a movie the is broken up into 2 files, eg: Blah-cd1.avi, Blah-cd2.avi, it only moves and renames 1 on the files during post processing. So how do I tell couchpotato to (preferably) find a version in 1 file (who stores movies on cd anymore anyway?) or move/rename both files?

What is your naming pattern for when it moves files? Do you have the <cd> or <cdNr> option in there? I've never had a problem with it copying multiple-disc movies. The pattern I use is: <thename><cd>.<ext>

If that's not it, check the log file for when it tries to move the movie. Maybe something in there will shed more light on the situation.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

FISHMANPET posted:

Well, got an Astraweb account, but I still need 26 repair blocks. I also have 20 files that aren't passing their SFV checks. Is there a page that explains exactly what this all means?

Try searching for the filename of the file you're downloading on Binsearch or MysterBin (eg. ubuntu.linux.10.04.lts.r10, search for everything except the .r10 part). If it's an older release, there's always a chance someone reposted it.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Thermopyle posted:

Well, I just modified the script a bit...it was really customized for specific shows. Now it should work for any show that you have to add or subtract from season or episode to match scene to tvdb.

https://github.com/therms/scene2tvdb

I haven't actually tried my modified version because it's late and I'm lazy, but if anyone wants to try it out and let me know how it works I'll fix it if needed.

This should work with shows that just use four digits as their season/episode identification (gently caress those shows). If your show typically has a year in its scene name...well that will gently caress this poo poo up. I'll fix it if that's a problem for anyone.

It will also work with shows that have a scene name identified with "S03E11"-style episode/season identification.

Currently won't work with any other types of season/episode numbering. I can fix that if anyone actually uses this.

If you need to replace any text in the scene name to make sure it matches with the TVDB, you can do that also.

Instructions
  1. Edit the line "season_delta = 2" to add or subtract season numbers.
  2. Edit the line "episode_delta = 0" to add or subtract episode numbers.
  3. Edit the "replace_words" dictionary to change text in the downloaded file/folder names with the specified text. Just change it to {} if you don't want this.
  4. Put the script in the same directory as sickbeards autoProcessTV.py/sabToSickbeard.py. Name it appropriately for the show since you'll need to make a copy of it for each show you want to add.
  5. Create an RSS feed at your provider of choice with a saved search for the show that is misnumbered by the scene or tvdb. (I've only tried this with nzbmatrix)
  6. Subscribe to that feed with SABnzbd+ and specify whatever you named the script in step 4 as the post-processing script for that RSS feed.
  7. Profit from automated downloads of shows with hosed up season/episodes/shownames.

One quick note...make sure when you create the RSS feed you enter a max age of like a week for search results, or you'll end up with a SAB queue full of old episodes you've probably already downloaded.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

neongrey posted:

That'll be the only thing, huh? All right, I'll give that a go. I can't imagine it won't take care of it, it just seemed to me that there had to be some way to get it to take the change without having to reinstall it.

Oh well, guess not. Thanks!

If you haven't already trashed your database, you can fix it with two simple SQL commands. Download the command-line shell for whatever OS you're using. Open sickbeard.db in the shell, and enter the following:

update tv_shows set location = replace(location, 'old directory', 'new directory');

update tv_episodes set location = replace(location, 'old directory', 'new directory');

If you're not comfortable with the command-line version, there are GUIs available for Windows, Linux and OSX. Regardless of how you do it, it's just as simple as changing the location in the database to your new directory.

<Edit>
Or, you could go the even simpler route and use the built-in mass edit feature that I just noticed. Go to Manage -> Mass Update. Click the checkbox next to "Edit" (or check the individual shows you want to edit if not all were moved), then click Edit Selected. At the top of the page that comes up click the Edit button next to the path, and browse to the new path.

Mthrboard fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 6, 2012

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

kri kri posted:

Yes I know this. I meant automatically.

If you're asking "can I have SABnzbd not use the backup server unless there aren't enough parts on the main server to complete and/or repair the download", then no, there isn't a way to do this automatically.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Drevoak posted:

Test server went fine but it still appears to not be using the backup provider. While it is downloading can I actually see where its coming from?

Click on the Status tab up top, then the Connections tab, and it will tell you which server is currently in use. Your issue may not be with incomplete files though. It may be using the wrong par2 set for the repair. I have my install set not to download sample files, but occasionally it will download the par2 info for the sample file and use that instead. Or, it may have been an incomplete nzb. I get those occasionally with some Newznab indexers. Browse to your incomplete directory and try running a manual repair. If you're missing files, it will tell you, and you can try getting the rest from Binsearch or MysterBin. If it was just using the wrong par2 set, extract it manually.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Mister Fister posted:

I just started using couchpotato.

I notice that there's an option for 720p and also BR-RIPs. If i select BR-Rips, is it possible to get them in 720p, or do it just snatch whatever BR-RIP there is, regardless of resolution? Thanks.

If you want 720p, you have to choose that. BR-rip is just like DVD-rips size and quality-wise, except it's sourced from a Bluray disk instead of a DVD.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

modeski posted:

Ah right, I did wonder that. Only thing is that they had been sitting in that state for about 24 hours, and I wasn't sure whether they were hammering NZBMatrix or not since there was lots of 'WAIT nnn seconds' coming up. Regardless, half the stuff Sickbeard queued up for me is erroneous, since it marked some things as wanted when they were there. It has already queued up 400Gb of stuff when I only have 250Gb left of ISP download quota over the next 2.5weeks.

What you can do in situations like that is to sort the NZBs by age (oldest to newst), and then use the multi-select functions to select and delete the range of bad NZBs.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer
Help! I just upgraded SABnzbd to 0.7.0 and suddenly I can't enable SSL on my servers, the checkbox is greyed out. It was working before the upgrade. I'm running SABnzbd on Fedora 14, with Python 2.7.3. I just upgraded Python from 2.7.0 to 2.7.3 (compiled from source) prior to upgrading SAB, so maybe I screwed something up there. If I switch the servers to non-SSL, it downloads like normal.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer
Try searching for the individual files on binsearch or another raw search engine, they may have their own PAR sets. If you can't find them, and you still have the big archive, and you have enough free space on a different hard drive, try extracting it there. I had the same problem once, and it turned out my drive had bad sectors.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Tapedump posted:

Am I blind, or is there a way to change the desired quality of a CP Wanted download without having to remove and re-add it?

The wife is always trying to grab 720p versions of old stuff that is only available in a DVD-rip or something, and it's becoming tedious.

If you're using CPS, just hover over the movie you want to change. On the right-hand side of the screen, you'll see six icons, like so:

Click the one with the pencil, and it will allow you to edit the quality you want to search for. If you only need to do one or two, that's the easiest way to do it. If you want to change a bunch, click on the check-mark in the upper right-hand corner:

Now, just check the movies you want to change and change the quality at the top (right under the check-mark after you click it).

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

EC posted:

Is there a way to mass update locations of shows in Sickbeard? I moved to a new server, and the database points to \\oldserver\videos\tv shows\ and I need it to point to \\newserver\videos\tv shows\.

I know I could do a mass-delete and rescan everything, but that always takes forever.

Edit: and what do I need to install to be able to update from source again? All I did to migrate to the new server was install Python, install Cheetah, then copied my old Sickbeard dir to the new server and ran Sickbeard.py. I'm sure I need some version of Git to update from there, though.

For a mass update, go to Manage -> Mass Update. Check the Edit box on all the shows you want to update, then click Edit Selected at the bottom of the screen. In the new page that comes up, click the Edit button next to the path. Browse to the new path, hit Submit, and wait while it updates your shows.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

SpaceAceJase posted:

They usually have the English track included. Check the nfo before downloading. You could even remux the Linux distro and remove the German track to save disk space, which is what I've done on occasion.

I usually just switch the English to the default keymap and disable any forced on-screen translations that may be included. But if you're short on disk space, definitely remove any unnecessary moon languages.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

bobdigi posted:

I got a quick question. I have Supernews as my provider (as well as Blocknews as a backup). Does it help to put the EU supernews server as a backup, or do they remove the same pieces from both the US and EU servers?

It can't hurt to have them as another backup. In the ~18 months I've had Supernews, the logs show I've downloaded a couple TB from the US server and 13.7GB from the EU server. With that, plus backup from Block, Tweak, and Cube, I can count on one hand the number of files I've had fail due to missing blocks.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

YouTuber posted:

I tend to get "Unpacking failed, CRC Error" cropping up lately. I have Astraweb and a 1TB block plan on another backbone. What the hell is causing this and how do I solve it? I hit retry and it fails. Is this from DMCA takedowns or is this a hosed up rar or passworded rar inside a rar? That said, if I initiate the download of the exact same file a second time it appears to complete without issue.

When I was getting a bunch of CRC errors, it was due to a failing hard drive. Run diagnostics on the drive to make sure it isn't failing. If it passes, there may just be something messed up with your directory structure, so run chkdsk/fsck/whatever depending on your OS.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer
Earlier this morning, SickBeard grabbed an .nzb for a certain TV show that contained an executable, I'm assuming some virus or adware crap. I didn't open it, but it was very creative; the icon was identical to the standard Windows folder icon. Looking at the indexer where that was downloaded, it appears there are several other shows with similar issues.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

FISHMANPET posted:

I didn't know such a thing existed, and it'd be pretty stupid anyways because you'd have to make your SAB install open to the internet and also give the NZB site login details to your SAB install.

Just use a browser extension and be much happier.

I have mine set up this way, and it's great. I do have SAB secured with a crazy long password so no one can get in and mess with the queue. It's great when I'm out of the house and I hear a review about the latest linux distro to come out on DVD. I can log into the nzb indexer from my phone, find the distro I'm looking for and have it downloaded and ready to install when I get home.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

cornface posted:

Yeah, they sent out an email about it in March.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Great news! We've increased your Internet speed!

Now we have doubled the speed of your Blast!® Internet service, with download speeds up to 50 Mbps and upload speeds up to 10 Mbps."

Who knows, I didn't notice a difference at all. I double checked that my modem was compatible and it looks like it should be.

Also, it actually said "Valued Customer." So lazy.

If you have a router with QoS settings, make sure you updated it with your new max bandwidth. My cable co upgraded me from 10Mbit to 30Mbit last year, but I couldn't get over 10Mbit and couldn't figure out why until I remembered that I had enabled QoS. Oops.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Damiya posted:

So I've recently started working on the Couchpotato project a bit.. Currently have a pending pull request that adds a configuration toggle for the dereferer.

I've got a few ideas kicking around in my head, but for those of you who use it, any features you'd love to see added?

How about having it not delete and replace if it finds an existing file for a movie you downloaded. It doesn't happen often, but occasionally it will mis-match a movie I downloaded as a movie I already have, and then it deletes the movie and replaces it with the new file. It would be nice if it would give you a few options: 1) Delete and replace (what it does now), 2) Copy it as "Movie Name (1).mkv" and pop up a notification, or (3) Ask you what you want to do (with options 1, 2 and maybe an option to re-match the movie in case it detected it wrong).

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Megaman posted:

Really dumb question but sometimes I download something that is just a bin file and an svf file claiming the contents of the bin file. I assume the files are inside the bin, but I have no idea how to extract the bin, other than maybe chmoding +x and running it on linux, but how would I go about this in windows? I can't seem to mount it, anyone else do this from windows? Or is everyone else just extracting them in Linux?

It's most likely not really what you wanted. Every time I've downloaded something and it contained a .bin file, it was just some adware/spyware/virus crap. Usually there's an executable bundled with the .bin, perhaps your downloader is set to ignore .exe files? Delete it and find another release for whatever you were looking for. The .bin file just contains garbage.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

visuvius posted:

I'm having a weird issue with my setup. I'm a fairly casually user with the latest sabnzbd on Windows 7 and a cable internet connection. The last few weeks, anytime I start downloading something, within about 5-10 minutes my internet connection goes out. The little yellow exclamation mark appears over the Network icon in the task bar and the only way to get it back online is to power cycle the modem and router. It never used to do this and I'd routinely download at 2.5+ MB/sec. I've noticed that if I limit the download speed to 1.2 MB/s, the internet won't go out -- but then again just today, for the first time it actually did go out while downloading at 1.2 MB.

About a month ago Cox (the cable company) was doing some work on their system and I'm wondering if they did something to make this happen. Also, my cable modem is pretty old, like 5+ years. I'm wondering if some network upgrades on their part and my old modem are creating the issue.

Anyone experience anything similar?

I had a similar problem about a year ago. If I was downloading at peak speed, the modem would reboot itself and I'd lose internet for a minute or two. After doing some diagnostics over the phone with the cable co, they sent out a replacement modem and I haven't had any problems since. My modem was also around 5 years old at the time. If you're leasing the modem from the cable co, they should be able to send you a new one.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Just buy a refillable debit card, jeez.

Better yet, don't buy a refillable one, just buy a prepaid card, like Vanilla Visa or something along those lines. Most (if not all) of the refillable ones have a monthly fee. With Vanilla, it's just a one-time $4.95 activation fee. The cards I've purchased in the past don't expire until 2020, so you have plenty of time to use them.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer
How recent is your version of Sickbeard? There was a while after the scene switched from xvid to x264 when Sickbeard wouldn't find SD releases, but that's been a couple years now since most groups switched formats. If you're still running a version that old, try updating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I guess Charter forgot to flip the switch in SW Michigan because, despite the many notification letters I received, I'm still at 30 mbit. I've been looking forward to the upgrade for a month.

Silly question, but do you have a router with QoS enabled? If you do, double-check that you have the correct maximum upload/download entered. I spent the better part of a week going back and forth with my cable company when they upgraded us from 10 to 30, before I finally noticed that setting.