Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

ohgod now I have to figure out how to upgrade my copy from source on FreeNAS and I remember this being a pain in the butt for some reason...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

inpheaux posted:

If you already have the dependencies, then upgrading shouldn't be too big of a deal. At most you'll just get the source build, untar it, and unzip cherrypy.zip. Done.

Yeah, not so much.

freenas:/home/sabuser# su - sabuser -c "/home/sabuser/SABnzbd-0.6.0/SABnzbd.py -d -f /home/sabuser/sabnzbd_config/sabnzbd.ini"
/home/sabuser/SABnzbd-0.6.0/SABnzbd.py: not found

it's like what the gently caress, that file is RIGHT THERE. I have no idea what is happening here. I can touch the file, I can chmod the file, I can't run the file.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

I keep forgetting every time that FreeNAS keeps it's poo poo in /usr/local/bin and drat near everything assumes Python is in /usr/bin OH THE HUMANITY. (and in my fuckery I have screwed up my python install so I hate myself)

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

vanilla slimfast posted:

Try running SABnzbd.py via python. Eg

su - sabuser -c "/path/to/python /home/sabuser/SABnzbd-0.6.0/SABnzbd.py -d -f /home/sabuser/sabnzbd_config/sabnzbd.ini"

yeah the problem is that on a FreeNAS, at least the way my ignorant self set it up perhaps, it reads the #/usr/bin/python at the head of SABnzbd.py and goes from there. Python can't be found, not the file in question.

I'm pretty sure this means I did things wrong when installing python but that's where pkg_add dumps the files and I am not clued in enough to know where to put things (not to mention the practical reasons why) and forget where things have gone. It's kind of a lovely error for FreeBSD to imply that it can't find SABnzbd.py when it meant it can't find python at the path in line1 of SABnzbd.py but hey.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

vanilla slimfast posted:

Should be #!/usr/bin/python

if I wasn't a typo machine, that is what I would have said before.

the end result is that #!/usr/local/bin/python is correct for my particular FreeNAS installation, the default that's in the first line of the file does not work and produces a confusing error message for the barely unix-literate like myself.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

inpheaux posted:

I'm using xbmclive installed to the hard drive.

Having made several efforts at getting something useful set up, I can say for sure that this is the best way to go.

If you want to make it even better, make sure you're using an SSD. My next steps are going fanless on as many components as I can inside this old shuttle barebones type system, or covering the side vents with noise dampening foam and trying to route as much air as possible out the back where the noise won't be an issue.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

good thing nzbmatrix is a one-time fee.

If it were a subscription I'm pretty sure they'd have hit almost universal cancellation with a decision like that.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

I think I'm going to get around to changing to CPS. Can it import the wanted database from the old CouchPotato?

Mine basically shat the bed when I tried to do it on FreeNAS. Luckily my CP only had 5 things in it.

protip for CPS, it runs on port 5050, not 5000. So you can keep both running while you make CPS work and your list doesn't disappear.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Where does Headphones get its artist information from? I typed in an artist that is at least popular enough to have a song on the radio and I got no results.

MusicBrainz.

So search there first, and if not add whoever you're looking for to MusicBrainz and do it right otherwise some goddamn moderator who doesn't speak English very well will try to school you on the proper way to do it even if you have the goddamn CD sitting in front of you and you're typing it all in the boxes verbatim.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

savesthedayrocks posted:

Similarly, what happens if the artist is found, but there are no albums? I can click on the name in Headphones, and it takes me to their page which has albums, but Headphones doesn't show any.

I just looked and I don't see the import from FreeDB thing any more.

Your best bet is to copy everything you can from their amazon page if whatever you're looking for is for sale through them. Looks like you gotta do it all the hard way, which is sorta better since doing the half-assed FreeDB way sorta sucked.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

So Headphones is pretty useless if you don't fork over $10 for the VIP server huh? I get constant timeouts from MusicBrainz with the default server.

edit: I know you can roll your own server but that seems like a pain in the rear end.

even then it's sorta useless because it has some pretty piss poor matching algorithm in it that downloads just absurd bullshit for me more often than things I actually have and/or want.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Ganon posted:

Dognzb is purging all non-vip accounts on the 1st, so pay your $10.

That seems like a great way to make a ton of cash in a hurry, then shut down the site. But we'll see.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Setting up a spotweb on my Nas4Free server was actually not so tough.

I don't recommend the average person do it, you do mostly need to know what you're doing. But it's totally possible at least so far for me. Works with the built-in lighttpd, just add mysql and get the right php packages and you're off.

ETA: I changed my mind. Is there a way to automatically have it retrieve new stuff? I don't want to click the button, I'd rather it just update once an hour or so...

Telex fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 19, 2012

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

dj_pain posted:

cron job to get it hourly?

So far it hasn't actually run properly, but it may be because of an aborted attempt. Still working things out I guess.

Is there any way to change the way the categories are displayed with Spotweb? Like, I don't want the pink or green stuff AT ALL, and I'd honestly rather have some of the rest of the stuff segregated.

I'd read the documentation, but a good lot of the stuff about customization seems to not be in English and that leaves me hosed. I'm not sure spotweb is for everyone.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Lemons posted:

So is the whole Dutch thing an issue?

Like are there enough reports for English stuff that it won't be an issue?

I personally dislike the dutch thing, a lot. It makes the comments portion a bit useless, at least right now. The way the results are filed with mixed content makes it tough to browse too. Like "HD" should not be a main category, it should be a subcategory and that's just unfortunate. Plus I want to filter out any non-English results by default, so maybe newznab is the way to go anyway.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

TraderStav posted:

Who are the humans that are curating the content if I'm running it locally?

Imagine that you were uploading .nzb's back to usenet and attaching comments.

That's what spotweb is basically doing.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

For anyone trying to get Newznab running on a nas4free box, here's the URL rewrite rules you need to put in the webserver additional config options:

http://pastebin.com/2gKUrMby

Since it doesn't use apache, the .htaccess it comes with is useless, but you can put those rewrite rules in the base config for the webserver and it all works out. (at least so far).

Telex fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 20, 2012

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

anyone know if it's possible to set up an RSS feed type thing with newznab like you could do back in the day with nzbs.org before they disabled it and nzbmatrix before it died?

I had a few custom searches set up and I really miss them. Totally want to re-do them if I've got full reign to ruin my own CPU.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

B-Nasty posted:

You can still do RSS feeds with nzbs.org and .su through the API interface. My SAB autodownloads from about 30 custom searches in RSS.

Cool. Now I need to figure out how in the world to get PHP to show me error messages because i get nothing but a white page when I try any searches.

I'm starting to think that doing this on nas4free is a stupid idea, so if anyone else has successfully done this any advice would be super. Everything seems to work but the search I guess, but I sorta need that part to work for sabnzbd don't I?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Meanwhile, if anyone's managed to get newznab+ running on a Nas4Free/Freenas host, please explain how you got the white pages on search to go away.

I'm at the end of my expertise here.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Hogburto posted:

And it seems like it would be painfully easy to poison this system.

If spots had digital signatures it would only take the teensiest websites to keep track of spot contributors users have added to their whitelists and blacklists.

And the obvious thing nobody will really admit, is that if it's easy for anyone with $10 to sign up here, it ain't like whatever system that shows up in the future will be unable to be infiltrated by a guy who is making money from the RIAA/MPAA/whoeverthefuckispayingtoscrewwithTV. If a guy is profiting, or worse yet a company of guys, then it'll be able to be infiltrated, poisoned and ultimately require an entirely different set of hurdles to come up with a sanitized solution if one is declared to be The Best way of doing it.

newznab is really the only way to do it right, since it only does what's necessary and that's scan a group and we all just hope that things that get posted are labeled correctly same as it's been in usenet before these indexers came around to make the lazy and "bad with computar" people able to do it and draw maybe a bit too much attention to the whole thing.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

If I set up a newznab on a VPS, is it gonna need its own usenet account and if so what's the state of reliability these days in terms of which one to use? I've got supernews at home so I suppose it'd be logical to get a second supernews account for the newznab to scrape with?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

GateheaD posted:

Has headphones sort of stagnated into a piece of poo poo for anyone else or do I just need to reinstall/ reindex?

It finds like 10 things for me once every other month. It's not that great.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

monkeybounce posted:

Didn't the author just clone the original CouchPotato and then modify it for Headphones? It's basically a broken piece of software cloned from a broken piece of software.

I don't know what that means since CouchPotato has never failed to work for me. Either the original or the new one, they've both done a pretty decent job.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

This is gonna be a dumb question i bet, but is there any spotweb discussion/help/etc in English anywhere?

I can't get the thing to finish doing an initial retrieve.php (despite getting it set up just fine before I erased it to try newznab).

code:
Fatal error occured while connecting to the newsserver:
  (0) Failed to read line from socket. [response: ""]

#0 /mnt/storage/www/NNTP/Protocol/Client.php(342): Net_NNTP_Protocol_Client->throwError('Failed to read ...', NULL)
#1 /mnt/storage/www/NNTP/Protocol/Client.php(1749): Net_NNTP_Protocol_Client->_getTextResponse()
#2 /mnt/storage/www/NNTP/Client.php(1000): Net_NNTP_Protocol_Client->cmdXOver('1092985-1093985')
#3 /mnt/storage/www/lib/SpotNntp.php(46): Net_NNTP_Client->getOverview('1092985-1093985')
#4 /mnt/storage/www/lib/retriever/SpotRetriever_Abs.php(157): SpotNntp->getOverview(1092985, 1093985)
#5 /mnt/storage/www/lib/retriever/SpotRetriever_Abs.php(230): SpotRetriever_Abs->loopTillEnd(0, '1000')
#6 /mnt/storage/www/retrieve.php(160): SpotRetriever_Abs->perform()
#7 {main}

Updating retrieve status in the database

Finished retrieving spots.
but then it doesn't update anything and i've got zero spots. It claims it's a timeout, but there's no drat reason it should time out after just going nuts until it gets to roughly the same spot.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

The rule as posted is "Do not buy/sell/trade/beg for invites."

I think this leaves room for giving out invites for free, and writing a little PM with some smilies in it is free.

Seems to me the spirit of that is basically don't play any games or otherwise poo poo up the thread with nonsense when you could go ahead and just give the things out since it ain't like they're rare.

Meanwhile, does spotweb rely on the spotweb website to exist to keep an install running? As long as people post to the usenet group that has all the spot info it should be fine right? I'll be a bit annoyed if I just set this thing up only to see the whole thing whoosh away the same day I got it worked out.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

evilbastard posted:

This one was a nightmare as well, I kinda hope for a fully sickbeard like one for comics, or just a better understanding of python.

On Saturday I thought "I wonder what ever happened to that Mylar program, the one that was supposed to be Sickbeard/Headphones for comics". So I ran it.

In any case, it's progressing quite nicely, however major features are still missing, such as ability to recognise an existing set of comics, so it's something you might want to keep in mind for the future.
[/quote]

I haven't been able to get that thing to find me anything at all. Like, even some really, really obviously available titles, it comes up with no results. Did you have to do anything special to get it to actually find results?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

In an unrelated topic, has anyone heard of nzb.su doing anything sketchy lately?

I sent an invite to a friend, they signed up for VIP and now the site won't let them log in and says the email address isn't in the site.

Do they even read emails to root@nzb.su ? I've told her to email and see what's up, but it seems real weird that as soon as she paid for VIP that it locked her out.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

FISHMANPET posted:

If I move the raw files over then I have to manually split it up into 18 500GB chunks, whereas my thought was with the archive I could just dump it into one enormous archive.

But that won't really work because I don't have 9TB of space to store archives while they're being built. My problem is how do I easily move all 9TB onto all those drives with as little manual intervention as possible. Being able to verify integrity and also repair would be an added benefit as well. But the more I think about this isn't the right way to go about it.

The best way is to get an external drive case, put all the drives in and you've got a backup forever. mostly. Even better if you just do it the smart way and realize that you should be backing up your raid in the first place and get a set of 4x2TB drives in a 4 drive case (nothing special, $100 or so) and just use it as a JBOD to offload your array and do the backups monthly at worst.

Your biggest problem is that a drive will die, leaving you with way more than pars can fix the way you're talking unless you do them in 400gb chunks with 100gb worth of pars, dumping the rars straight to the new drive (presumably with an external drive dock or something) and then running the par creation on the new drive too. This all seems messy.

This is not an 'as little manual intervention as possible' scenario, unless you're willing to spend money on making it happen that way.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

is there something wrong with nzb.su or are they just dicks who deleted my account because I didn't re-up VIP with it?

Says I don't even have an account now, which is a pretty lovely way to go I think after paying for the site for a year and a half if that's the case.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Grab Meatcastle posted:

Is that a recent development or have you only just tried to use it after a couple of months inactivity? They went through a purge of non-VIP accounts several months ago when nzbmatrix got taken down and everyone starting flailing wildly for alternative indexers. Invites are all over the place now though so it's super easy to get a new account.

I'm not sure when I used it last, but the VIP only expired 3 weeks ago. I've been in the middle of a move and just got my server turned on this weekend, went to go re-up the VIP for another year and for whatever reason my account was locked out. Very weird. It's working now since I sent an email I guess but it was totally broke last night.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

nevermind sorta, I found the port thing in the help for email, there really should be context on the page in the web interface to say use host:port for SSL, since everything else on the planet has specific boxes for putting in ssl/tls/etc ability/ports. mybad.

Second question still applies, are there any good apps for iOS and/or Android that do push notifications for SABnzbd? I might prefer that to emails.

Telex fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 1, 2013

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

UndyingShadow posted:

For those of you using headphones, he added an internal indexer for VIP users. So if you paid for the VIP upgrade, update and you should have an indexer that might not be banned with headphones like every other indexer seems to be.

I'm trying, but I can't find a single bit of info about any of this anywhere. Nothing's on github, I had no idea there was a VIP anything. I've been using the thing pretty much since day 1, there's some significant thing here that's not being communicated very well i think.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

yeah sorry headphones guy, but the thing's a pile of poo poo that never really worked well in the first place.

Maybe have a non-lovely thing and then charge for it? I'd say if people are destroying your indexer, work on your search algorithm instead.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

other than being faster (a non-issue for me since it's on a nas4free server sitting in the corner that only does usenet and holds my raid, basically) what's the advantages of Sonarr over Sickbeard?

It looks like to even give it a shot I have to upgrade my nas to get off FreeBSD 9.1 and get to 9.2 or beyond, so I'm not super thrilled about fixing what isn't broken unless there's a killer feature for doing it.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

so I just wrecked my NAS and started over this weekend with Sonarr instead of Sickbeard.

How do you get the failure handling to actually work? I've got a thing that failed, and it just says

Intermediate Download path inside drone factory, Skipping.

Non-sample file detected: [/storage/etc-RARBG.1/1106.mkv]

so it fails, but it doesn't actually try harder to find something. It knows it failed, but it's not doing anything about it. I can fix it manually, but I thought this was one of the things Sonarr was supposed to handle that made it better for me than Sickbeard.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

actually it may be just that one download that fails with no retry, two other failures are now downloading different copies.

weird.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Diviance posted:

Well, for one thing, I would probably put your drone factory folder as its own folder. Don't put your intermediate/incomplete or completed downloads into that folder.

That is exactly what I have. I don't have a clue (and neither does Sonarr I guess) why that one particular download wasn't working out. Other failed downloads are retrying with different ones just fine.

Overall I think Sonarr may be a bit more fancy than it needs to be but I guess it gets the job done.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Bisty Q. posted:

To continue using DOGnzb after your evaluation expires you need to make a payment of US$10.

:rolleyes:

yeah everything should always be free because that's how the internet works, it's all free everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

Just for the record I tried to stream a thing via Plex to my phone this morning and it told me I could only use it as a remote unless I either subscribe monthly for pay $5 for the app. Instant delete.

Totally right, high quality software that can transcode your material on the fly and organize it behind the scenes and fetch metadata and subtitles and everything else should be free. Stick it to the man!