Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

urbancontra posted:

I think the problem here is more that broadband in general in the US is poo poo, and that's where the attitude comes from.

That and the phone companies in the US are incompetent dick holes who will screw up even the most basic request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Does anyone know if you can some how set up Sickbeard or SABNZB+ can some how publish their successful downloads to an RSS feed?

I would like to be able to pull that info from and RSS feed in XBMC and on my smartphone.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

feld posted:

I push to a twitter account that is locked down and only myself and my wife can see.

Yeah, I am currently using twitter the same way, but an RSS feed would be a lot more versatile I think. Especially since XBMC has an RSS crawler on the home screen by default.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

inpheaux posted:

SABnzbd has a history RSS feed, and has had it for ages now.

http://url/to/sabnzbd/rss?mode=history

You'll need to add whatever auth stuff if your sabnzbd installation is password protected, iirc.

Edit: And Sickbeard can automatically notify an XBMC install directly when it finishes something.

Awesome, this is what I needed. Thanks

And I know Sickbeard can notify XBMC directly which is handy, but it's only useful if you are actually watching XBMC at the time it notifies. I would like it so that when I turn my TV and see XBMC, the first thing I see is a history feed of downloads, like things it had downloaded while I was at work or asleep. I can just point it at that url you gave me and it will accomplish what I want.

Thanks again.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Thermopyle posted:

Another solution is using a skin that lists the most recently added videos. I use Aeon Nox which has the ability to list the most recent movies and tv shows. I know a lot of other skins have this as well...

That's a good idea too, though I really like the default Confluence skin. I will look in to those as well.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I have been having a problem with resent downloads having video encoding errors. At least that's what I think the problem is.

Like I start the video in XBMC and it will get to a point and the video play back will just stop and it goes back to the menu. If I restart play back it will some times go on past where the error was and some times it will just stop again. If I start from the beginning, it will stop at the exact same spot.

If I play the video in another player like MPC-HC, when it gets to the same place in the video, the video will usually break up and distort, some times sound will skip too.

This seems to be happening on a lot of new downloads. But the downloads are completing with out any PAR2 problems or anything. That makes me think that the problem is with the actual video encoding. Has anyone else seen a lot of this and/or have advice on how to deal with it? I wouldn't even mind if I could just get XBMC to play past the error with out stopping.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I started using Mediadog the other day. It's a pretty good remote control app for SABNZBD+, Sickbeard, and Couchpotato for Android.

It's $3 on the market, but the developer has it for free on the XBMC forums if you want to try it.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

FISHMANPET posted:

I'm pretty sure I know what show you're talking about, and they're just being consistent with their rules. Fox lists the current season as season 4, so on the TVDB it's season 4. It's a pain in the rear end, but that's the way it is.

Now try and figure out what mental gymnastics it took for them to leave Firefly in it's aired order (claming there's no source that the airing order is wrong, despite the DVDs being in a different order) yet they are splitting up episodes of cartoons into stories because that's how they're often released on DVD.

Using Firefly as an example, if you look at site's page for Firefly, there is a link on the page that lets you select the DVD order instead of the aired order.

Is there any way to tell Sickbeard to use the DVD order or Absolute order on a show like that?

Edit: a quick search shows me that it is not possible yet. Looks like there are several request for this feature to be added.

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 2, 2012

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Good lord, the moderators at thetvdb.org are retarded.

Go to their forums and do a search for Korra to see how they are ignoring their user's on how to handle the new Last Airbender show.

Is there any chance Sickbeard will ever get an option to get it's nfo and art files from another site?

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
It would be really really really nice if Sickbeard had a check box when you added a show to use the DVD order.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Thermopyle posted:

Better yet, use the issue tracker which has an issue for this very issue. Issue. Issue. Issue.

After two years, I am not sure the devs plan to add it.

E: but I posted anyways

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 23, 2012

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Delta-Wye posted:

I just wish sickbeard pulled down dvd-order instead of aired-order from the tvdb. Seems like it would be a really simple change to fix too.

Been a requested feature for a while.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Delta-Wye posted:

The related bug tracker entries seemed more concerned with how you select which you preferred for each show. Honestly, they should just switch it so it pulls down the dvd-order by default. I may have to go digging through the source code on this one :(

I would rather have it be selectable per show and maybe even per season. There are some shows that I watch that are still on the air that have earlier seasons that have a different DVD order.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Docker is really good when used correctly but it might just be another (unnecessarily complex) layer depending on your set up.

If you are using UNRAID, Docker is the way to go for most apps.

If you are using Ubuntu or another Linux, it might be a good fit depending on your set up.

If you are using Windows, I could probably go either way, personally.

My setup is a Ubuntu server with a ZFS ZRAID2 array on it that is shared to my Windows PC. I use Docker to encapsulate some applications and map their data/config folders to the SMB share on the ZRAID array that I can easily manage from Windows Explorer. I still have several apps that I just run natively in Ubuntu because APT is pretty decent in handling dependencies.

If you are running Docker on a Linux system, I find that Portainer is a pretty good web UI for managing Docker containers and images. It runs in a Docker container it self.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
{Series Title} - S{season:00}E{episode:00} - {Episode Title}

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

lordfrikk posted:

Deluge was good because it had thin client I could run on my PC and use that to easily feed it torrents. Had problems with stability, though, so I've switched to rTorrent, which is more stable for me, but I can't find a way to connect to my NAS from the desktop.

I use Qtorrent on my nas and I use an extension on Chrome to auto grab torrent files when they download and send them straight to it. Something like that probably exist for rTorrent too, I would think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I am still using Kodi with the jellyfin plug on an Nvidia shield, but honestly, I am pretty close to just switching to the jellyfin app.

Kodi just really doesn't add anything that I need anymore.