Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm using Windows and can't remember how I initially set up Sickbeard, but yes, it auto-updates via git. I have msysgit installed: http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/

I don't have to do any manual compiling, though; I think it just runs from the Python scripts, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Has anyone run into the problem of SAB periodically not serving up the web interface? The only solution I've found is to restart SAB, then it starts working again. It happens a few times a day.

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 and everything that goes along with it (SAB, sickbeard, couch potato) and it's mostly working just as before except for this problem.

To begin I was just running the exe, then I installed it as a service to see if it solved the problem. Then I tried unticking multicore PAR. Checking the log file after it stops responding reveals nothing to me - when I restart the service the log file shows that everything is halted and restarted as gracefully as you'd expect.

This leads me to believe that the SAB core is generally still working OK except for whatever serves up the web pages. Would anyone have any ideas of what to try next?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
(Aus chat) I peak at around 2.5MB/s through Internode's news service, which I believe is Astraweb? That's pretty much maxing my connection.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

dj_pain posted:

yep but internode run a mirror of astraweb local thus you will always get awesome speeds from it.

I wondered that. A downside is that it doesn't support SSL so I was thinking of subscribing to something else anyway, but the speed drop would annoy me.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

justlikedunkirk posted:

I have a bit of a silly question here about Sickbeard. My problem is that when I post-process anything it slows the computer down due to copying and pasting each file in the proper folder. Is there a way I can set it so that instead of re-name/copy/paste it just re-names/cuts/pastes instead?

Maybe you need to uncheck "Keep Original Files" in the post-processing settings?

<url>/config/postProcessing/

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Wicaeed posted:

For you Win 7 + Sab/Sickbeard users out there, is there any way to make Sickbeard run at Windows start (like SABNZBD does), but NOT open a new browser window when it's finished launching?

In config/general, there's an option "Launch browser". But I would've thought that'd be linked to the ini.

Note that I run from trunk so it may be a new thing.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Fine for me on 443.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

BlackRider posted:

I feel like I must be missing something obvious here. Is there no button in SABnzbd that lets you open the folder your files are being downloaded to? Or a way to launch the file you've downloaded? It seems like I just have to browse to it manually through Windows Explorer, seems disconnected.

It's a web client and can be accessed over a network or the Internet, so it would have to know where you are accessing it from and what OS you are using.

But perhaps such a feature could be added (with a flag) that would assume you are using it locally, and provide a link to open explorer (or whatever)?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Softcox posted:

Does the time zone you are in affect SickBeard marking shows as "missed"? Nearly every episode that gets downloaded shows up first in my missed section in upcoming episodes and then only downloads when backlogging kicks in. DOES SICKBEARD DISCRIMINATE AGAINST AUSTRALIANS? :australia: Or am I retarded?

Yes, I'm also in Australia and this is on old request that I've commented on from time to time.
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=127

It doesn't have any priority because it isn't actually a showstopper. Which is fair enough - it still downloads the episodes when they become available, it just stuffs up the schedule.

Some people have mentioned changing the time that SickBeard thinks it is, but it looks like the system time is called in numerous areas. I guess I could override the system time call?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Ashex posted:

I just did a quick search and found this library that should do it.

Interesting! I won't be using it on Windows, though. But anyway, I do think I could just override the python method that returns the system time (but I don't care enough to try).

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Ashex posted:

What will you be using it on? That library is for linux.

Sorry I should have said "I won't be using it. My SickBeard is installed on Windows".

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Feenix posted:

1) is there a way to fudge my time zone on SB?

This is something that many of us are keen for but it doesn't have any dev priority.

It's no big deal that it starts searching for stuff fourteen hours early, but it would be nice if the "coming up" and "backlog" were accurate. As a simple fix/hack I have been meaning to override the python systime call and subtract the difference between AEST and EST. I'll get around to it one day.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

deep square leg posted:

This is something that many of us are keen for but it doesn't have any dev priority.

It's no big deal that it starts searching for stuff fourteen hours early, but it would be nice if the "coming up" and "backlog" were accurate. As a simple fix/hack I have been meaning to override the python systime call and subtract the difference between AEST and EST. I'll get around to it one day.

Ha, just realised that since I recently moved SB and SAB into their own Linux VM, I just changed its system timezone. Duh.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

PirateDentist posted:

Fake edit: I think I found some of these files, at NZBMatrix there is a BRRIP category, that has all these really tiny xvid and x264 files. Some of them are 720p. Like feature length videos from 800MB to 2GB. That's really low quality. Might be where the confusion is coming from. It looks like it's BluRay as a source, but not the proper quality.

According to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirated_movie_release_types

quote:

A common misconception among downloaders is that BDRip and BRRip are the same thing. They differ in that a BDRip comes directly from the Blu-ray source, while a BRRip is encoded from a pre-release, usually from a 1080p BDRip from another group.

Of course that's just wikipedia and it's not like there's government-mandated control over these labels.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

FISHMANPET posted:

Looks like they just implemented a captcha thing and... it doesn't work. Is anybody able to login to nzbmatrix?

I just got in, captcha worked. First time I've logged in in months.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm running a tiny ubuntu-server VM on my windows PC. Makes it really easy to install and update these things, and I'm planning on putting a central xbmc database on it later. The best thing is that I can just back it up and move it to another computer or fresh installation of windows should the need arise.

It's not for everyone but if you are a windows user and know your way around virtual machines and linux I recommend it.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Are you using it for anything other than Usenet programs? That seems like a lot more work than installing python with cheetah.

I used to run it all in Windows and yeah it was fine, but I prefer this. As I said I'm planning on using mysql for a central xbmc database, and I've always had a small VM for shell stuff so it wasn't a stretch to do this. Even then, installing ubuntu-server is quick and apt-get installs and updates the dependencies more easily than in Windows.

It's also nice to not worry about configuring windows services, and since I'm in Australia I set the VM to US Eastern time, so sickbeard now searches for things at the right time.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Gromit posted:

Are you sure? I've never seen iinet mention anything about Usenet.

Internode stopped advertising it, but still have it. And it's full Astraweb retention, not just 35 days. It's awesome.

I don't know if you can now use it on iiNet by virtue of the merger/takeover/whatever, but if it's no longer advertised on Internode you wouldn't see it on iiNet's stuff, either.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

nap.app posted:

It sounds like they are saying they use 810p because it is higher quality than 720p in the same file size? It also sounds like they use filters to improve the quality?

Could be, but isn't that what they were previously çöznürlükler?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I've just removed dognzb from sickbeard because just now it snatched some fakes that won't actually be available until next week. This surprises me, though, because I thought sickbeard would only check according to schedule. Does it do a periodic 'just-in-case' blanket search as well?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
The DogNZB admin is working on a change to prevent the indexing of episodes that haven't aired.

UndyingShadow posted:

Yeah, this exact poo poo happened to me. Passworded archive directing me to some poo poo site to "download the password"

I wish we could find these people and stab them in the dick until they die.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
The password generator thread linked earlier is great and contains many viewpoints and counterpoints for lots of different methods. I suggest interested people read it and add their own comments there. Not because I care about it being off-topic, it's just a good thread.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'd love to be able to set SABnzbd+ priority on individual shows in Sickbeard, so that I can have most things set to download during my off-peak schedule in SAB, but set just the few shows I want to watch as soon as they are available to "Force".

I don't think it's possible but thought some of you may have ideas. I go into SAB when I know a show is out and manually force the downloads I want, so it's no big deal, but it would be nice to automate.

edit: alternatively if there's any way to put filename keywords in SAB for the stuff I want to force, and leave Sickbeard out of it.
edit2: now thinking I could write a pre-queue user script.

gabensraum fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 21, 2014

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

gabensraum posted:

edit2: now thinking I could write a pre-queue user script.

For the interested (nobody), this is what I've done, and it works well. Not as nice as configuring it against the show in Sickbeard, but it's simple and works.

I've set it to be run in "Config -> Switches -> Pre-queue user script". It gets run whenever an nzb comes in, just before it is added to the queue.

code:
#!/usr/bin/env python

import sys

try:
    (scriptname, nzbname, postprocflags, category, script, prio, downloadsize,
     grouplist, showname, season, episodenumber, episodename) = sys.argv
    downloadsize = int(downloadsize)
except:
    sys.exit(1)    # exit with 1 causes SABnzbd to ignore the output of this script

prio = -100    # Default

# list of shows to force start
force_shows = [
    "Show name here",
    "Another show",
    "Show show show!",
    "Etcetera",
    "along for the ride"
]

# priority 2 is 'force'
if showname in force_shows:
    prio = 2

print "1"    # Accept
print
print
print
print
print prio
print

sys.exit(0)    # 0 means OK
Reference: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/user-pre-queue-script

edit: Actually sometimes it seems that Sickbeard doesn't populate the showname value, so it's safer to check to check against the nzbname value instead. Something like "if any(name in nzbname for name in force_shows):" Implementation is left as an exercise for the disinterested reader.

gabensraum fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 21, 2014

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Thermopyle posted:

If you have the technical chops, you can set up your own newznab site on your own computer. I got tired of following the nzb sites around as they pop in and out of existence.

How much data do you pull in keeping your index up to date?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm about to try out NZBget over the SABnzbd server I've had for years, but has anyone used Sonarr on linux? Requiring mono would introduce an extra point of failure for me, where at least sickbeard is purely the python I already have installed for a dozen other things.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Good info, thanks.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I gave up on my sonarr experiment for now because it ended up being a bigger deal than I thought to get my SSL certs working in mono with an intermediate cert. I'm sure it's something simple that I could have sorted out eventually with compiling a newer version but I generally just give up if what I want to do isn't in debian testing. With both sabnzbd and sickbeard I can just specify the certificates in the GUI.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

suddenlyissoon posted:

I had to set a delay in Sonarr because it was finding nzb's before the file had even finished propagating.

Ah this is what is happening to me, but with sb.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I wish there was a way in Sickbeard to set an unaired episode to be ignored. There's just no checkbox until the time comes, but I'd like to ignore things like "best of" episodes in advance. Currently I pause it before those weeks if I remember, but usually I don't.

Does Sonarr do that kind of thing?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Thanks - sickbeard can do all that as long as they've aired, it's the unaired it won't. I'll have a look.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

Are people still having problems with the DOGnzb API? We added a bunch more hardware, and I haven't had problems since then. We also have a massive DB server on order.
Also, the watchlist has been working 100% this whole time.

FWIW I love your film watchlist. Is brilliant.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Trip report, have been running nzbget and sonarr for about a week after sorting out mono's SSL issues and have now removed sickbeard and sabnzbd.

As expected, sonarr uses more resources than sickbeard on my debian server and pages seem to load slower, but the functionality it provides is much better and is worth that cost. I really like how it monitors the download client rather than relying on post-processing scripts.

I was happy with sabnzbd and wouldn't have switched to nzbget but the ability to prioritise all servers rather than just select backup servers was a killer feature. Had to install the videosort plugin for post-processing of non-TV downloads, but that was straightforward and I like the plugin idea rather than their trying to be everything to everyone.

Thanks for the suggestion, all.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I am a fan of Dog's wishlist functionality. I don't bother with Couch Potato, I just use Dog's wishlist and it automatically sends to sab or nzbget when it becomes available.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I just can't get Sonarr to retry failed downloads. I load up the app perhaps an hour or three after the failure and I click "Automatic Search" next to the episode, and it successfully downloads. But it doesn't do it without my intervention.

I have "Failed Download Handling - Redownload" set to yes. Debian, Ver. 2.0.0.3357. I'll put in a ticket but maybe someone can tell me if I'm missing something obvious.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Has anybody running NZBGet and Sonaar been having a ton of issues with shows failing? I'm not sure if somehow Sonaar is grabbing them before they are fully uploaded or what but it's been happening a lot lately.

I'm not seeing that, but if you think that's the case try increasing the minimum age in Sonarr in /settings/indexers. The figure is in minutes.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Is there a setting in Sonarr to make it stop trying to get better quality if you already have a copy at a lesser quality?

I have most shows set to 1080p, but sometimes I can't wait the extra day for a given episode of a given show so do a manual search and pick a 720p file. I then deselect the monitored option for that episode to prevent it from downloading the 1080p file when it becomes available, which isn't a big deal but if there's a global setting it would be nice to set it instead.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Thanks, when I add old shows I set them to HD-All, which is good because it gets the highest HD it can find. It's not good for stuff currently airing though as I usually don't want it to download the 720p if it finds it first (and they're often available much sooner than the 1080p).

Mine seems to be an edge case though so my current method of leaving the cutoff at 1080p and manually overriding and deselecting an individual episode when I can't wait is probably the best I'll do. No big deal, thanks.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

tk posted:

If I'm reading this correctly, I think you can accomplish this by creating a quality profile that has the 720p qualities ordered above the 1080p qualities, but leave only the 1080p qualities checked.

When it's searching automatically, it will only search for the checked 1080p qualities.

When you go in and manually download the 720p file, it will consider the cutoff met because 720p is ordered higher than 1080p. Now you have a 720p file downloaded, and it will no longer search for a 1080p file.

Ah brilliant! Can't test right now but that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Sub Rosa posted:

Does Sonarr support anything other than TVDB yet? I'm sick of them locking shows with provably incorrect information and then behaving like babies when they are asked to have it fixed on their forums.

Found this today, had a chuckle (Horace and pete)
https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=28695