Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Roving Reporter posted:

It depends on what I'm trying to download but sometimes NZBMatrix will have it before nzbs.org or vice versa.

What I found worth the 10 bucks(besides having an alternative), was that users tend to post 100x more comments on NZBMatrix. It helps to know quality, or if it's corrupted.

I was going to say this same thing. There are tons more comments on NZBMatrix than on NZBS.org which is usually helpful once you wade through all the utter poo poo and bickering and name calling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

inpheaux posted:

Are you sure your ISP's free usenet service works, and doesn't have absolutely poo poo retention? What you're describing is indicative of nearly 100% missing parts, likely due to being outside of your retention.

This is correct. Either it is outside the retention (usually ~30 days for ISPs) or it was taken down with a DMCA request. What's the age of the file?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

As nice as Newzbin was way back when, I don't know if I could justify 50 cents per week when I can already get almost everything from NZBs.org and NZBMatrix (and everything else from Binsearch).

Factor Mystic posted:

At least newzbin editors put the show name in the nzb (or used a tool), so sabnzbd could parse it out and I'd have nicely named television folders. Not so on nzbs.org :(

I get nicely named TV folders from nzbs.org, just not from NZBMatrix.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

zalmoxes posted:

Is there something I can do to get less "Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (1785 short) " type of downloads?

FYI, if you're really 1785 blocks short, there's probably some mismatching par files in there it's trying to repair with. Try going into your incomplete folder and extracting the rars manually.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Factor Mystic posted:

Well... Yes, sabnzbd parses the general structure correctly, but the nzbs.org nzb's are missing the episode name, which my tv processing setup in sabnzbd uses... apparently causing the file to not be renamed. And even if it was, it'd still be missing the episode name.

I just miss the newzbin glory days when I didn't have to manually rename everything :(

Hmm...you're right. I knew there was something I was missing when I switched from Newzbin, but it's been so long now that I couldn't remember. What are you using that can't scrape episode names based on episode number though?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

If you use Usenet for TV and you're not using Sickbeard, YOU HAVE FAILED!

Some people don't want to use and configure a whole second program when RSS works just fine.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I decided to try Sickbeard because that guy called me a failure. Here are my current gripes with it:

1) I can't seem to download in both HD and SD. There are a couple of shows that I watch in HD but archive in SD for future viewing.

2) It creates folders for all of my shows which I'm assuming that I can't delete, and so I've just got a mess of empty folders that won't see any action all summer.

Can I delete those folders and can I download in both qualities?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Mine works except that now I don't get toaster style popups when my downloads complete. Not sure if that happened from the update or from installing Sickbeard and rerouting my post-processing to it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

SABConnect++ for Chrome must have been updated again because it lost my API key again but my toaster style popups are back.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Secx posted:

Is the retention on Newsdemon really that bad or do they delete posts due to DMCA notices?

I'm trying to download two nzbs. One 100 days old, the other 200 days old. Both fail because the post is no longer on the server. I tried with both SABnzbd and Newsbin. Tried the .nzb from nzbmatrix.com and nzbs.org

Recent posts are fine though.

DMCA takedowns. Retention is pretty good on things that aren't taken down. I've pulled down 900+ day files.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

The Modern Leper posted:

You can delete the folders; they'll just be re-created when a new episode becomes available.

This is from 10 days ago, but I just tested it. Apparently Sickbeard can't post-process the files if the show folder doesn't exist.

"Processing failed for E:\Usenet\TV\The.Show.Name.720p.HDTV.x264-GrOuPnAmE\the.show.name.720p.hdtv.x264-GrOuPnAmE.mkv: Unable to post-process an episode if the show dir doesn't exist, quitting"

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Kachunkachunk posted:

What theme or skin are you using? The Plush theme should have the ability to purge both download and history lists. Want to give that a shot?

He pretty specifically said he can purge the list but would prefer to leave X amount of days worth.

I solved the slowness problem by only showing 15 of 20 history items per page. Have you tried that?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Lord Dekks posted:

Is this a Plush only option? I can't seem to find a option to only show only a certain number of options on a page.

Theres a good chance just switching to the plush theme would probably solve the problem but I really really hate that theme, I think it looks ugly as hell as tries too hard,

Tries too hard to do what? It's perfectly functional and isn't cluttered or anything so I don't understand this stance. When was the last time you used it?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

RealisticFiction posted:

words

Thanks for registering to tell us what :filez: you are downloading. You are going to get this thread shut down. Knock it off. Your problem is probably temporary and will fix itself tomorrow.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

RealisticFiction posted:

I'm sorry. Good point. Have you seen problems like this before?

I seem to recall having the same issue a few weeks ago (or it might have been nzbs.org) and it fixed itself. I'm not on Comcast though. I kind of doubt they let you access the site one day and denied you the next.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Dodoman posted:

Isn't it all the same content in the end? I have the same issues too so I`ll see if your solution works.

If they are coming from two different locations, there is less chance of the same files being corrupted.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

PitViper posted:

I just noticed that same issue on nzbs.org with nzbstatus. I can't click-to-send anything to SAB, and it won't pull the RSS feed either. On nzb.su, at least, I can download the nzb directly, and SAB catches it and downloads it fine. I haven't updated any software on my machine, did something change in the last few days with nzbs.org?

Seems to be working fine for me. Make sure all your data in nzbstatus is right. There was an update a few weeks ago that wiped out the API key, but I'm sure you would have noticed that by now.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Aatrek posted:

I need a llittle help. Is is possible to have SABnzbd configured to be accessed by both in-network computers (I have this set up now for access through my wifi tablet) AND out-of-network computers at the same time? I going to be travelling for a bit, but ill have internet access while I'm on the road.

If not, how can I configure external access for while I'm gone?

I think I already explained this in the Android App thread, but all you have to do is forward port 8080 (or whatever port is listed on the general settings page in SAB) in your router and give SAB a username and password on that same page. Then you should still be able to connect locally with localhost, and connect externally with your external ip address (https://www.whatismyip.com). You'd set up Sab Sheep with your ip/post (ex. 123.456.789.100:8080) and your API key from the general settings page.

edit: on the general settings page, I have Host set to 0.0.0.0. I don't know if that is important to this process or not.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

Yes. This is what I do.

I have an dynamic dns with dyndns.org and all my devices whether they are on my home network or away just use "whatupholmes.dyndns-host.com:8080".

I believe this feature is generally called NAT Loopback.

I didn't realize that dyndns is free. I'll have to look into it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Aatrek posted:

Well, I think I got it. I guess I'll just always have the mobile app send to the external IP since I don't know how to make it decide between the two IPs.

There's no reason not to always have the mobile app send to your external IP. Sab Sheep doesn't seem to have a user selectable refresh rate so using internal IP wouldn't really speed anything up.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

SlipperyNipple posted:

Please dont come away thinking the "norm" of Usenet is anything close to the poo poo show that is Highwinds / Newsdemon.

I have had almost no issues with newsdemon since black Friday. Paired with a blocknews account, it'd be unstoppable.

However, at regular rates, paying for a different provider is a good choice.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

The pHo posted:

I remember back in around 2001 when my paid server, ClaraNet, had three days of binary retention. Insane how things change.

Hell, in 2005 Easynews only had about 30 days of retention. Of course they've always had lovely retention compared to the competition.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Mine is going super slow too, even after updating. I think it might have something to do with TheTVDB being down.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Is anybody else having an issue with Sickbeard not updating the upcoming airdates for shows? There's a show that aired last night and I can't get it to add the new season. I've restarted the program and I've forced a full update on the show, but it won't update. TheTVDB is up and the new season is on the site so I don't know what the hell the problem is.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

The Modern Leper posted:

I've had to delete the show, then re-add the existing show from the folder.

That worked. It's probably because I deleted the folders of shows that weren't airing so as to avoid clutter.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

TreFitty posted:

My SABnzbd has become retarded. It thinks I'm downloading at 677 B/sec. when it's actually 6.7 MB/sec. What the heck?

Are you sure it's actually downloading? If the post doesn't exist on the server, the progress bar will fill but the speed will be zero or near-zero.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Does Sickbeard automatically download DVD rips when they become available even if it has already downloaded TV rips? Is there a way to turn that off?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Dodoman posted:

When you set up a show you have a choice to set up the archive storage type. Un-selecting any which are selected (you can get to this screen by editing your existing shows as well) should stop it from downloading larger releases in the future.

It turns out that it wasn't Sickbeard that downloaded a bunch of stuff, but an RSS feed I never disabled. Oops. Good to know this information for the future though.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

So if I want the newest Sickbeard versions, I have to download from Git and compile from source?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

tunah posted:

I'm at work so I can't check the configuration, but I think you should always listen at 0.0.0.0 (any) and then port forward any external traffic on port 80 (or whichever one you want to access through) from your router to your internal IP address.

This is correct. It works for Sickbeard too (though you'd probably want to change the port).

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Straker posted:

It should only take ~1GB per month per show if said show is a half hour long (if it were on TV, at least)

Perhaps if you're watching shows in SD, but it's not 2005 anymore, so...

edit: looking back this is kind of a douchey post. I apologize. I think you were suggesting a way to keep bandwidth usage down which SD would do.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 24, 2011

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

duz posted:

Don't tell that to the Australians.

Or the Canadians, assuming "American" was used in the usual sense. I'd say compared to Australia and Canada, we have it pretty good.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Gromit posted:

I assume that the Netherlands are using an aggressive form of daylight savings that puts them forward in time by a whole month.

You must be too because that's two months from where I'm at.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

ambushsabre posted:

What's the process for updating SAB on windows? Do I uninstall first and then reinstall, or do I just go over top? I have some scripts and stuff set up and I'd prefer not to lose it all, but that update button is taunting me.

Grab the Windows Binaries, unzip them over your existing install. Make sure you shut down the app first.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

tomm posted:

I think part of it is an overseas transaction fee, but you're right it's pretty ridiculous.

I'll look into blocknews also. I've never had to do that, so that's new to me. Used Giganews previously but that was even more expensive than what I'm paying now.

I don't know how much your overseas transaction is, but last year Newsdemon had a Black Friday sale of $6 a month for the service so you might want to keep that in mind around the end of next month.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Has anybody else noticed NZBMatrix being really slow a lot of the time? It's getting to be unusable.

edit: the page finally loaded and they've already addressed the issue. Disregard.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

FISHMANPET posted:

I just edited a show on thetvdb.com, refreshed the show in Sickbeard, and there it was.

I feel so powerful :3:

Then you're going to have the worst day ever when some nerd edits it back.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Bucket Joneses posted:

Is anyone else having issues with nzbs.org not actually sending NZBs? If you send it to sabnzbd, it says "failed to load url" and if you try to download the straight nzb to your computer the site says "file missing". This is for any nzb and I've already tried logging out and back in.

Yeah I think that dude two posts above you is. Nobody knows why but you should be using nzb.su if possible anyway.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Odette posted:

What's up with NZBMatrix? I've been getting this message all week from their main site. Still upgrading?

"dbconn: mysql_connect: Host 'nzbmatrix.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'"

I know NZBMatrix is getting new hardware, but that seems strange. I've been able to access the site most of the time all week. It's only late in the evening when the site typically becomes unresponsive. Either way, I think the upgrades are supposed to be done today probably going to take a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

duz posted:

The highwinds resellers and none of them.

Disagree. I've been with Newsdemon for a year at $6 a month and I've had very few incompletes. Even if you get a chunk of Blocknews as a backup, it's still cheaper in the long run. It's not like Supernews doesn't have incompletes also.