Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

How safe are SickBeard updates? I'm getting prompted to upgrade but I can't find any change history and the version I have now is stable enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I accidentally updated it anyways by clicking the wrong bit to see the commits, so oh well.

BTW, SickBeard now has a built-in NZB provider:
http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=392&p=8606#p8606

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Biggest issue I have with CP is that sometimes a less popular movies doesn't come out in every known format, so waiting for the 720p version is going to be a long wait. I wish I could search and then choose a quality, or provide a list of allowed qualities.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Waffle Conspiracy posted:

you can do that, in a way. you can create your own quality filters in teh options. i have one that searches for DVD quality and 720p, if it finds a 720p copy it doesn't bother with the DVD quality. that's the 'Finished' checkbox as you select what qualities you want it to find.
Thanks I didn't realize that was what that was for. I kind of prefer the way that SickBeard does it, where it just calls the options something like SD and HD.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

EC posted:

Sickbeard can download SD first them replace it with the HD copy. I don't think it will save both though. Why would you want to do that?
Main reason I would do it is to have a copy for mobile use. It's actually easier to redownload than to reencode.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

In the Plush skin in SABNZBD, there are a bunch of icons for stuff in the processed items list. Some of them are lit up and have hover info, but others are grey and just show a "?". Looks like a book and a star, the first two. Any idea what those are?

(Maybe showing something other than "?" for the mouseover would be better?)

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

This is what I get:

The little green dot actually shows as a "?" on my screen but for some reason Windows 7 screencap won't capture it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

inpheaux posted:

Uhhhh, if it's in your history and you're on 0.6.x you should have a "retry" button that does exactly what you want.
I had a download fail due to "Unpacking Failed: CRC Error" because it was missing parts, and I didn't get the Retry button. I was surprised it ran the unpack and the post-process script at all, in fact, since it knew it was missing parts and didn't download enough fills.

I wonder if it is because one file in the NZB did unpack successfully?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Are Easynews and Supernews using the same backend? I like the web search for Easynews to find single files easily, and will probably keep it just for that, but it has always had poor retention. So I figured I would sign up for the $99 Supernews deal to get access to older stuff.

Only after I did that, I went and looked at the actual Easynews retention, to fill it in in SABNZBD, and it is actually 1000 days+ for NNTP (only 150 days for web though.)

So I'm wondering if I actually gained anything by spending that $99.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The Modern Leper posted:

Someone has created a Sickbeard/Couch Potato type program for searching Usenet for music.
This seems neat. I'm certainly not letting it scrape my library though. One single does not mean I want the entire discography of an artist.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

FloydianOne posted:

I have to do this for every show that starts a new season.
I only had it happen for one show, it just refused to create the new season entry in the list.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Does anybody use Sickbeard + IVI on a Mac and have a good setup that doesn't tend to try to convert files before they are done processing?

On larger videos, IVI tends to grab them mid-copy or something, and then they fail to convert the first time because they cut off randomly. Then after it fails, it sees it again with a different file size and it converts properly. So in the end, I get the video properly but I have a failed conversion, plus it waste all that time trying to convert the partial file. So not a big deal but curious if anyone else has a workaround.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I'm getting sick of PROPERS coming across for some videos. All the import stuff supports adding but not deleting obsolete things so you end up with doubles and one is somehow wrong.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I've been using IVI on my Mac to do automated conversion to MP4 and metadata lookup and add to iTunes. The metadata lookup stopped working recently.

Does anyone have anything else they use on the Mac for that? Maybe I can just use an action on completion in SABNzbd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Thanks! I checked their Twitter but it had nothing so I assumed they didn't care.

Next time it breaks I'll try iFlicks.