Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie

Feenix posted:

I'm new as of this weekend to the SAB/SB thing... and I've pretty much got everything set up swimmingly and I am in love with the results. But as other things download just fine, something else gives me this error, repeatedly:

URL Fetching failed; (Problem accessing nzbmatrix server (error:no_nzb_found))

I know it's pretty straightforward english, but can someone tell me what causes this? Is there a way to avoid, or minimize this issue? I'd hate to come home to a laundry list of things that failed on me.

(It's for something that went up a couple hours ago.)

It's possible that you hit your daily maximum? (10 nzbs per day)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie
So I just signed up for VIP for nzb.su. How do they allocate invites? Do I have to do something else to get some?

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie
I have one invite to NZB.su to give away if anyone is interested, first come first serve. PM me.

Edit: GONE.

dzarc fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 26, 2013

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie

Gozinbulx posted:

Well I'm moving to a new place and thinking of getting Comcast Blast (50 mbps). Any experience with it? Does it really go that fast?

I'm using Comcast Blast in San Francisco and it is as fast as advertised, if not slightly faster.

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie

cornface posted:

Just curious, but is this on large downloads, or just speed tests? Like what is sabnzbd reporting on average if that's what you're using?

I usually cap my sabnzbd at 5MB/s, this I can get consistently all day. But if I just let it go full throttle, it will start off at about 7MB/s before tapering off at around 6.5MB/s and stay there until the dl finishes.

Edit: changed mb -> MB to avoid confusion.

dzarc fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 1, 2013

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie

cornface posted:

Well now I feel like I'm getting the shaft. Who are you using for usenet?

astraweb, which is not even great. If it makes any difference, I usually only deal with 0-day stuff.

They recently "upgraded" Blast to 50mbps, is it rolled out in Houston? I don't think it's a country-wide yet.

dzarc fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 1, 2013

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie

cornface posted:

Yeah, they sent out an email about it in March.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Great news! We've increased your Internet speed!

Now we have doubled the speed of your Blast!® Internet service, with download speeds up to 50 Mbps and upload speeds up to 10 Mbps."

Who knows, I didn't notice a difference at all. I double checked that my modem was compatible and it looks like it should be.

Also, it actually said "Valued Customer." So lazy.

Call them up. Maybe it's not switched on for you. (They'll probably make you do a modem reboot)

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie
Edit: Never mind, I'm an idiot.

dzarc fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 24, 2013

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie
Wait, so I can add the euro server of my primary provider as a back-up? More importantly, doing that can potentially resolve some of the retention issues?

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie
Thanks for the tip! Going to do that when I get home.

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie
So lately when I click on the button that initiates a download, the nzb file is also downloaded. It didn't used to do that. Did something happen?

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie

B-Nasty posted:

Assuming you're using one of the FF/Chrome SAB plugins, it could just be screwed up. Mine would do that on occasion after not closing the browser for a long while or resuming from sleep. Try closing browser (verify/kill in task manager) and reopen. If that doesn't work, disable/re-enable or re-install the plugin. Usually just closing the browser fixes it for me.

Thanks! Apparently this is only an issue for me on dognzb.

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie
Is astraweb down for everyone?

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie
Is astraweb down for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004