Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
Just updated from 0.5 to 0.6 and everything works beautifully. Just wanted to say thanks to the developers for all the hard work :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
Quick SickBeard question: I have SickBeard set up and working on my Asus RT-16n router (TomatoUSB firmware) which is pretty friggin' great. However, when I try to set it to listen on all interfaces (web_host = 0.0.0.0) it just ignores this and switches back to 192.168.1.1 only.

Any ideas anyone?

edit: OK I'm retarded... config file wasn't saving for some reason :smith: works now!

Softcox fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 27, 2011

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
Does the time zone you are in affect SickBeard marking shows as "missed"? Nearly every episode that gets downloaded shows up first in my missed section in upcoming episodes and then only downloads when backlogging kicks in. DOES SICKBEARD DISCRIMINATE AGAINST AUSTRALIANS? :australia: Or am I retarded?

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.

tk posted:

Probably. I don't think it has any concept of timezones (either yours or the shows), just whatever date thetvdb says when an episode airs. By the time shows air in the US, it's already "tomorrow" in Australia, so it thinks it missed them.

Yeah this makes sense. Would be good to have a time offset option in SB, so you could say "yo I'm 10 hours ahead of US East time" etc.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
Anyone else running SAB on a router/NAS/low powered device? I created a thread on the SAB forums here looking for tips

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
A slightly related question to the post above: I have one of those free xsusenet accounts and my warning log keeps filling up with errors (too many connection, timeouts etc.) I have it marked as optional, is there a way to say "ignore all errors from this server because it's a poo poo free service?". I have it set to only a single connection.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
I just noticed in SAB that the web config page has 777 as an example permission setting but the wiki tells you to use 0777 (X bits set), which is correct?

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
I was reading the latest SickBeard commits and saw this "Start migrating people away from nzbs.org and to the new site" and references to beta.nzbs.org. Anyone know anything about this? Going to beta.nzbs.org just redirects to wikipedia currently.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
Anyone else getting poor SABnzbd speeds on Mountain Lion? I get an average of 400KB/s in ML and 1.3MB/s in Windows 7, using the exact same NZB and server details/connections. I have windows running inside VMWare Fusion using NAT so it's using the exact same internet connection.

I tried downgrading to 0.6.15 in ML and get the same issue. This is using 10 connections each to Astraweb, Newsdemon and Blocknews simultaneously. Hardware is a Mac Mini 2011 i7 quad core.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
Anyone else with a Mac getting slow download speeds with SABnzbd? I made a thread on sabnzbd.org but so far no one else seems affected :smith:

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.

Feenix posted:

Anyone else know any good auto-start scripts that work with Mountain Lion for Sickbeard (and/or CouchpotatoServer?

This works perfectly for me in ML

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.

inpheaux posted:

Newsdemon is Highwinds.

Blocknews also has black friday specials for all their brands today.

I can't figure out how to purchase the 200GB blocknews deal for an existing account... or is it for new accounts only? Anyone else tried?

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
Re: blocknews black friday deal

quote:

Hi,
Paypal the amount directly to sales@usenetnow.net and then let us know after and we can add the purchase to your account.
==========
Danielle P.
BlockNews.Net Support

Pretty ghetto :cmon:

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.

Danforth05 posted:

Anyone here use two separate providers as backups?

I currently use Supernews for my main provider with a few gigs from Blocknews as a backup. Would it be a good idea to invest in a second backup from, say, a Highwinds reseller?

Can't say I've run into any DMCA problems, but I figure that if a certain item receives a takedown notice, more backups are better since there is a greater chance that one of them will drag their feet and I'll be able to squeeze in my download.

Or is this overkill since I already have a backup and haven't experienced any problems as of yet?

I personally have supernews as a cheap monthly plan then blocknews, astraweb & newsdemon block plans which barely get touched. Might be an overkill but block plans aren't exactly $$$$. Going by this diagram each provider is totally separate which may or may not help in regards to DMCA takedowns. Certainly they haven't bothered me at all lately but I guess it depends on what you download.

Oh and I also have a free XSusenet account which is rubbish but hey it's free! :v:

edit: these are the totals from sab, block plans will last for ages with the fairly small amount I download

Softcox fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 12, 2012

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.

No it isn't

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.

crm posted:

I use supernews as my primary account and blocknews and astraweb as my block accounts.

What's the best highwinds or holland provider block account?

Not sure if it's the "best" but I'm impressed with TweakNews. I just tried a NZB that failed due to DMCAs on Supernews, Astraweb, Newsdemon & Blocknews with a free TweakNews trial account and it downloaded perfectly :hfive:

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
Don't think this has been posted yet, I just noticed on reddit that Newsdemon is doing unlimited monthly accounts for $5/unlimited data. I just signed up, it's 1/2 what I'm paying supernews and it's a tiny bit faster too.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
I decided to use Apache as it already comes with OS X server to proxy my sab/SB installs with SSL and basic auth. Very easy to get working using the config on the sab wiki but I ran into one issue. By default apache will ask for authentication for all requests, and most sabnzbd clients (MyNZB and Tanis on iOS & nzbs.org integration for example) don't expect authentication to /api/ requests. I figured out how to add an exception to /api/, here's the relevant crap from my apache.conf

code:
<Location /sabnzbd>
	ProxyPass [url]http://localhost:8888/sabnzbd[/url]
	ProxyPassReverse [url]http://localhost:8888/sabnzbd[/url]
	SetEnvIf Request_URI /api noauth=1

AuthName "SABNZBd"
	AuthType Basic
	AuthUserFile /path/to/.htpasswd

Order Deny,Allow
	Satisfy any
	Deny from all
	Require valid-user
	Allow from env=noauth
</Location>

<Location /sickbeard>
	ProxyPass [url]http://localhost:8081/sickbeard/[/url]
	ProxyPassReverse [url]http://localhost:8081/sickbeard/[/url]
	SetEnvIf Request_URI /api noauth=1

AuthName "SickBeard"
	AuthType Basic
	AuthUserFile /path/to/.htpasswd

Order Deny,Allow
	Satisfy any
	Deny from all
	Require valid-user
	Allow from env=noauth	
</Location>
Also requires "web_root = /sickbeard" set in sickbeard.conf

Softcox fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 31, 2013

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
This is purely anecdotal but I was downloading a couple of highly anticipated (and therefore probably DMCA'd) new TV episodes yesterday and I noticed sabnzbd was only using my free XSusenet account to download. Which I guess means it was DMCA'd from Newsdemon, Astraweb and Tweaknews but XS still had all the parts! Added something unrelated to my queue and it switched back over to my regular accounts immediately.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.

Nevett posted:

I use SABmini which is great. My only complaint is that you always have to select your server from a list when you start using the app. Good if you have several servers, but it should automatically connect and skip that screen if you only have one server set up.

Tap and hold on the server, set as default. Not very obvious I know.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.

Nitr0 posted:

Are you loving kidding?

You have a 400mhz CPU, .25gb of ram and it's a god drat old router. You are never unraring stuff on it.

I actually had sickbeard and sab both running on an RT-N16 ages ago. It worked OK but I've since moved over to a Mac Mini. Par2 repairs took maybe 5 minutes for a 400mb TV episode but anything over 4GB often crashed it.

Regarding the unrar binary I have no idea which I used but its definitely doable!

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
I'm on the el-cheapo Newsdemon plan and was just reading about that bullshit they pulled with the "lost accounts". My account is fine (I'm doing 100GB per month at absolute maximum) but as someone mentioned I've just noticed that my renewal date has been sneaking earlier each month (12th-11th-10th-9th), anyone else have this? I have a ticket open with them so I'll see what they say...

edit: I should mention I don't actually know if this is a standard thing for them or what

Softcox fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
Got this in an email from NewsDemon - $50 per year special. I've been with them for a couple of years and they seem OK to me, but I've got 2 block account backups. I have heard some bad stories about them in the past though so do your research before signing up.