Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I'm not a fan of the administration of nzbmatrix but it has its uses, I find my usenet downloads pretty evenly split between that and nzbs.org.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's just a design choice, you have to update every time an API changes and maybe the author just doesn't want to deal with it. It tells XBMC the proper info to scrape so that's good enough for me. Unless you're adding a lot of titles at once it probably adds five seconds or less to the update process. I have XBMC update the library at startup and on average the whole process takes less than 15 seconds on my SSD. I don't recall it being much higher on my mechanical drive either.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Some people don't want to use and configure a whole second program when RSS works just fine.

It takes about a minute to setup these days and is far superior to a straight RSS feed. That being said I agree that some people don't really watch a lot of different shows and probably don't need something with so much functionality.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Factor Mystic posted:

I dont want to mess around with running YET ANOTHER background program for this specific task, basically. I guess if it works I'll have to weigh that versus my annoyance.

It's up to you but if you're going to run any single background program other than Sab it should probably be Sickbeard, it is really that good. As I said though it is feature overkill if you only watch a show or two. First time setup takes a bit but these days my interaction with Sickbeard is essentially limited to telling it what I want once a season, it does everything itself.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

EC posted:

Sickbeard can download SD first them replace it with the HD copy. I don't think it will save both though. Why would you want to do that?

He watches in high quality and archives in a lower quality in case he ever wants to revisit it. Unfortunately that's the one niche scenario Sickbeard doesn't accommodate. You can run two copies of Sickbeard, using one for HD and one for SD. That's all I can think of anyway.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Not a big deal but is there going to be a new release soon? 0.6.4 broke the on finish stuff so I can't auto-sleep after finishing the queue anymore. I don't mind waiting a bit but if its going to be a few weeks before the next release then I'll just downgrade to 0.6.2 until then.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

paradigmm posted:

I saw 0.6.5 being prepared this morning.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

quote:

I think what he wants it to do is force it to try redownloading from a different server. I've noticed that since many articles are becoming only slightly corrupted (probably due to DMCA requests?) 0.6 will just try to download it again from the same server, so all it does is redownload the corrupt file.

Yeah, unfortunately I've never seen the Retry functionality actually work. I'll have to try manually disabling the first server next time and see if that does the trick. Seems kind of an odd way to do it though.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
The latest Windows build of Sickbeard(488) drastically sped up the searches, wow. Oh and 0.6.5 SABnzbd is out for anyone else who uses the On Finish stuff, really awesome of them to get it out so fast.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Godinster posted:

Can anyone remind me how to have SAB sort downloads by apps/movies/TV/etc? The folders are there and I just reinstalled SAB but I can't seem to find the sorting method. I'm able to see where it does TV sorting but I'm thinking more lower level stuff, as in just the apps/movies/anime/misc/books/whatever else section. I even tried NZB Status but it shows an asterisk next to each of them.

The categories section? Just hit categories and you can create your own there, define the folders where they go and whatnot. If you mean by keywords from nzb providers then you do need nzbdstatus for that.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Of course, just use the internal network IP:port of the machine upstairs in your web browser.

Assuming its not a windows network - IP of HTPC:Port so something like 192.168.1.200:8080/sabnzbd, plop in the login/pass you setup and you're good to go. Many people manage SAB like this.

edit: beaten

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you're having issues finding something then you probably need another NZB indexer. If you're having problems downloading or extracting then it's probably related to your Usenet provider, a DMCA claim or the age of the articles (files).

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
I had that issue earlier with one show, can't nail down what's causing it either. I'm thinking about installing a Windows Git client and pulling down the latest updates to see if they fix it.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

inpheaux posted:

We actually got rid of categories well before the lawsuit went through. First we just stopped shipping with them pre-fetched, but left a "fetch categories" button. Then we nuked that as well. Not entirely sure why people care so much about categories, since they were 100% tied to Newzbin, which has been poo poo for ages.

In other news, SABnzbd recently cracked 3 million downloads via Sourceforge. It took us just under 4 years, and the most recent million took about 10 months.

In other other news, moving to GitHub has had the intended effect of bringing in more collaborators. Thanks to the easier method to contribute code, 0.7 will have a systray icon for Windows, and the config screens will be completely overhauled and unified, two features which have been LONG overdue.

It's pretty amazing how quickly things came together after the project got resurrected, it's not said enough but everyone really appreciates all of the hard work. I remember what a pain in the rear end it was before SAB and with the previous author's difficulties.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

ControlledBurn posted:

Ideally one would have an SSD based system and move the files to a NAS (or whatever other storage array one wants) once it's done unpacking then?

That was what I ended up doing, I was getting too much slowdown when downloads were doing the post completion stuff with a traditional platter drive. Added a cheap Kingston SSD to the system which remedied everything.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
You can manually post process in Sickbeard unless I'm misunderstanding what you're talking about, it's literally a link on the home screen below the navigation menu. I don't bother with CP naming stuff, XBMC scrapes it just fine 99% of the time and I just have SAB move all of the categorized content to their own directories. Sickbeard does a pretty good job with metadata stuff as well, I've had very few problems with it.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

FISHMANPET posted:

The show was <X>

Don't do that please, the mods have warned us repeatedly. Not trying to be captain nitpick, it can get the whole thread closed and it has happened to similar threads in the past.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

FISHMANPET posted:

Edited to be safe, but is it against the rules to talk about tvdb at all? All I did was updated an online database of show info (literally, that's all I did).

I think they said not to discuss specific content but if in doubt you might want to send one of them a quick PM. The OP might have the info too, I forget to be honest.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Anyone else have problems with Sickbeard sometimes just not updating shows with air dates and whatnot? It doesn't happen all the time, just once in awhile. I assume maybe it tries to contact thetvdb and fails for whatever reason. I'm running from source and I can't seem to track down whats causing this. Is there a variable that controls show updates? I can't seem to find that option so I'm assuming its hard coded to avoid API spam or something.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spekkio posted:

I've had this happen a few times, deleting the show & re-adding in Sickbeard seems to force an update from TheTVDB.

Well I can usually get it to update by clicking on the show and doing a "Force Full Update". I'm just trying to see if I can find the root cause because there's nothing in the logs related to it and no tvdb errors either. I guess I could do a little script to force full update on the whole library once a week but I worry about getting banned from tvdb for API spam or whatever.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

paradigmm posted:

its because tvdb said one thing, sickbeard did its initial show setup, then tvdb changed its listings... you have to remove the show and add it back in sickbeard for it to pick up on it for some reason

Just to clarify, I'm referring to air dates mainly, not episode numbering or etc. For example, one show will sometimes show up just fine one week then decide magically to not update the following week. It happens to many of them with no rhyme or reason. When I select the show it will have say 1 upcoming episode listed with an air date of Never or skipped. When I force a full update on that specific show it will then pick up 3 or more upcoming episodes and suddenly have the air date times. It seems that Sickbeard isn't updating the show via thetvdb but I can't see how or what's causing it.

Is Sickbeard hard coded to only update air dates once a week or something? I'm wondering if I had my HTPC in S3 sleep when its supposed to occur or something silly.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

LaserWash posted:

I have my sickbeard port (8081) forwarded to the usenet machine using a dynamic DNS service, but there doesn't appear to be a way of securing that "page" through something like a password.

How could I secure that page on my server so that I don't end up with a bunch of Desperate Housewives episodes on my server?

In the General Settings you can specify a login and password.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

FISHMANPET posted:

No, you can set it to just watch a directory without a script being run or manually processing it.

If you mean the blackhole functionality then I'm sure you'll be fine. I don't use it personally but I would imagine it would just get a write error if it tried to move a file that was already in use and pick it up on the next scan. I think post-processing is a better solution personally though.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

StarkRavingMad posted:

I can't get Couchpotato to work. I've got Sickbeard and SABnzdb working like a charm, so I understand the general setup, and I can add movies to Couchpotato, but it never seems to find anything. Is one of the nzb providers more reliable than others? Are they all crap now, or have I just screwed up the settings somewhere? Should I just break down and let it use torrents instead?

I use it with nzbs.org, nzbmatrix and nzb.su without issues. Select a movie and click the force search button. What does the log say after a search? You can access it through the web GUI by clicking on the settings wheel or whatever.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
I use Supernews and Blocknews as a fill server, I can count the number of incompletes from the past year on one hand. I think for $9 or whatever they are pretty much the best option out there.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah I've been running from source for awhile as well and it's definitely the way to go. The Windows builds were a pain to compile.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
You have to do it by hand in the config.ini, look for the ignore_words variable.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Softcox posted:

I was reading the latest SickBeard commits and saw this "Start migrating people away from nzbs.org and to the new site" and references to beta.nzbs.org. Anyone know anything about this? Going to beta.nzbs.org just redirects to wikipedia currently.

The beta site is going live soon and they updated their API keys so they're just making sure people know and transition properly. When you updated Sickbeard it will spam a big notification in the upper right and you can disable the old nzbs.org provider entry and just enter your new API key (found in your profile at beta.nzbs.org after you login).

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Police Academy 6 posted:

i'm getting an error when i try to connect to nzbs.org now

Use the beta site, it works fine.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wow that really sucks about nzbs.org, I haven't really found any other decent newznab sources lately and it had some nice features.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

kri kri posted:

I really hope either nzb.su or someone makes a top downloaded feature, that was my main usage on nzbs.org

I just finished checking back on my nzbs and 75% of them were coming from nzbs.org, that's going to be pretty tough to replace. I don't hate nzbmatrix but they are very unreliable at times. Anyone know what kind of bandwidth requirements there are for a moderately fed newznab setup? I don't even know what groups to carry these days :(

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

EC posted:

Is the NZBMatrix API just hosed? I've been running Sickbeard without NZBs.org as a provider, and it seems like any NZB file pulled from NZBMatrix has a 50% chance of kicking back a "URL fetching failed, invalid NZB file" or something.

I might just give it up entirely. I'm still not sure why NZBs would be showing up there sooner than the Sickbeard index or NZBs.su.

nzbmatrix is really inconsistent/unstable, particularly with API returns. It's one of the last on my Sickbeard priority ordering. That said you can find a lot of stuff there that you can't anywhere else so its worth having an account in my opinion.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Couchpotato v2 is still beta, right? Checking for updates isn't snagging it for me.

I think it's on github as CouchPotatoServer or something like that. If you don't have a git client you can just bookmark the zipball master and manually update. There weren't any pre-compiled builds for Windows that I saw last time, you have to run it through python.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 19, 2012

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

kri kri posted:

Is there any word on when windows build will be coming for this?

Not that I know of. Last time I asked about a Windows build someone just said no plans yet and when people ask about beta releases of CP v2 he just points to the github. Compiling the Windows build is a pain in the rear end so it likely won't be done until its ready for wide release. If you have the option, just installing a copy of Python 2.7 takes a minute and then you can just run whatever you want from source (maraschino, sickbeard, CP, etc).

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Apr 21, 2012

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mister Fister posted:

I'm on ancient versions of sickbeard and sabnzbd... do the new versions have the ability to install new updates by itself rather than having to download and install a fresh version (i know sickbeard used to do this at least)? THanks.

Sickbeard and the new version of CouchPotato do this but SAB doesn't so far.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thanks for updating nzbdstatus wolrah, forgot to mention that last page.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

FISHMANPET posted:

If you're not running Sickbeard from source you ain't poo poo.

Incidentally the new version of CouchPotato is actually pretty nice, I like the new layout and filtering options. The simplified setup is nice for more casual users as well.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
The tray icon is really handy and I like the changes to the config stuff, the new aesthetics alone are much nicer. Thanks fellas.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

...! posted:

Sickbeard really needs more options for episode naming; I can't seem to set it up to put the episode number but not the season number on each file. That means I'm going to have to rename everything it downloads which kills most of its utility. :(

Sickbeard follows all of the popular naming conventions so I don't really see the problem, he can't support every customization people want. Most shows follow a seasonal format and the only reason I'd ever want to do what you're saying is for maybe a miniseries or something. It would probably introduce other issues as well like maintaining the internal database and stuff being picked up properly by scrapers. If people want to do personalized naming for their own libraries then they can modify the autoprocess scripts or use a renamer. I guess I just don't see the problem but maybe I'm not looking at it from the right perspective, why do you want the season numbers removed?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
What directory structure are you trying to use? Setup a TV category in SABnzbd. Point its directory to something like C:\tv\unsorted. Change the post processing script to reflect your info and make sure its enabled in SABnzbd for that category you just setup. Don't set a download directory in Sickbeard, leave it blank.

edit: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

...! posted:

I do tell it that. For example, I added a show to my animation category. On the Sickbeard page for that show, it says "Location: C:\TV (Animation)\Show Title".

This is why I'm frustrated. It should work but it doesn't.

Edit: I really feel like there's something really basic that I'm just not doing right. Is it my directory structure? Should I be specifying a different folder on each show page in Sickbeard like I'm doing now? Am I supposed to have the location be the same for all shows? I have no doubt that I'm doing something wrong; I just don't know what it is that I'm doing wrong.

Let's back up for a moment. How is your library structured specifically?

For example, my setup is basically a giant NAS. All of my TV goes to one partition, all of my other stuff goes to another. For the sake of demonstration I am just changing the locations and names.

I have C:\TV\unsorted

This is where all of my downloads go in the SABnzbd category for TV. It is important you specify a location for that category, it should not be left blank. SABnzbd will dump files here then run the sabtosickbeard script. In Sickbeard I do not specify a download location. When I setup a show in Sickbeard, I point it to C:\tv and then it becomes C:\tv\Public Broadcast System Stuff or whatever the show name is.

SAB will download the file then run the script which will move files out of C:\tv\unsorted and into C:\tv\Whatever Show Here.

Edit: I will be around a bit on Saturday if you still need help, we can hop on Skype or whatever.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 20, 2012