Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Is there an easy way to just browse usenet? I remember that 10 years ago you would just look through it like forums or something. Does that still exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Anyone know what the best indexers are to use for music? I have a pretty good setup going right now with couchpotato and sickbeard using two usenet providers (one as a backup) and nzb.su as an indexer but nzbs.su doesn't allow Headphones to connect to them so I can't really use Headphones with them and the public/free ones that I have found are kind of junky. I don't mind pay sites if they are really good.

EDIT: Or if there is something like couchpotato and sickbeard for music that works with nzb.su that would work as well.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

EconOutlines posted:

Headphones is banned on a lot of indexers due to the code being poor.

Honestly your best bet for music is waffles or what.cd despite them being torrents.

Bleh. I like using headphones because it has a frontend that my kids and wife can understand. I guess I will have to be more intimately involved in their music downloads. I can see why the code is an issue though. It seems like it hammers the poo poo out of servers with requests when you force a recheck.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Softcox posted:

Don't think this has been posted yet, I just noticed on reddit that Newsdemon is doing unlimited monthly accounts for $5/unlimited data. I just signed up, it's 1/2 what I'm paying supernews and it's a tiny bit faster too.

Are they a reseller for the same company that supernews is?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Weird because they both say their retention is the exact same number of days. That is what made me wonder.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
So my system was down for a few months and I just brought it back up and have noticed that using supernews with tweaknews as a backup, I get boatloads of failed downloads due to missing repair blocks. Is there another place that I should be using as a backup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

YouTuber posted:

Check and see if Sabnzbd is the current version. Every time that crops up I notice my Sabnzbd is super outdated and having 3 backbones won't cover it up.

Looks like that did it. Weird stuff.

EDIT: Looks like it actually didn't. Anyone know a good europe based provider that doesn't resell the same poo poo that supernews and tweaknews does?

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 19, 2014