Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

Lord Dekks posted:

Is this a Plush only option? I can't seem to find a option to only show only a certain number of options on a page.

Theres a good chance just switching to the plush theme would probably solve the problem but I really really hate that theme, I think it looks ugly as hell as tries too hard, I much prefer the classic theme. I know they're really pushing the plush theme and doing away with classic soon though aren't they?

Just switch already it will take you exactly 15 minutes for you to get over yourself and enjoy all the new features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

Gism0 posted:

Ah yeah, I'm in Australia too and that does annoy me a little.

What provider are you using? I'm with Giganews at the moment (with a block plan from Astraweb as backup) but I'm still getting so many failed downloads and missing articles, which is a huge pain in the rear end to find out after a huge download.

Thread is full of Australians, I use Internode's free Usenet which is Astraweb I can't remember the last time I had a failed download, I have a backup Blocknews account but it has bearly been touched I have only used 600meg of it in a year downloading 100gig or so a month.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004

FISHMANPET posted:

Are you running the latest version? There seem to be a few downloads floating around where the filenames of the rar files don't match what the par2 file say they should be. I was running .7.3 and it would bomb out on those, and I think one of the very recent updates fixed it to detect that condition.

Also, run Quickpar on those failed downloads, it will properly repair them if needed.

Thanks this fixed all my broken downloads, Sabnzb was on 7.4. I thought sabnzb told you there was a new update at the top of the window, or am I just getting confused with sickbeard? Either way good advice if you have a lot of failed downloads check sabnzb is up to date, seems obvious after the fact really.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004

berzerkmonkey posted:

Ah, ok. I'll have to check out how to toggle "Wanted" to be the default. As far as I know, everything appears without being in a category.

Have you guys switched over to NZBdrone, or are you using something else?

I think you should switch to NZBDrone while you are still setting everything up.
I switched a few months back when I was getting a bunch of failed downloads and manually having to replace them with sickbeard became to much of a pain. NZBDrone seems alot smarter feature wise. And it runs faster than sickbeard was on my server.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

I've been trying out nzbget this week. It's OK. Not particularly better or worse then Sabnzbd.

I like that you can assign servers to priority levels to control how it uses your various news servers.

I haven't looked into it too much, but SAB never seemed to even try and repair failed downloads before saying it couldn't be done. Where on the other hand GET seems to all ways fix a failed download for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004

tvgm2 posted:

Just a heads up that the Couch Potato Chrome extension looks like it's injecting text ads into web sites.

Thanks, saw this post then saw an ad disabled the extension reloaded and ad went away. Looks like it has been pulled from the chome store. Sucks chrome doesn't warn people who all ready have the extension installed when a dev pulls a bait and switch like this.