Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

kri kri posted:

IMO sonarr except if tvdb fucks up the series, then you kinda gotta do manually or use medusa

add prowlarr to your stack too

and Radarr.

Prowlarr is not related to Prowl but definitely use Prowl if you want to get notifications on your phone when a download starts/completes.

Lunasea is a good mobile app for controlling sonarr/radarr/sabznbd+/nzbget

and so I guess my question is "is there a better alternative to Prowl?"

been using it for a long time and its certainly paid for itself, but wondering if theres something better out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Turns out I was paying nearly twice the best option price for blocks without realising my usage had gone up that much.

although Im getting SSL errors trying to add their server to SABNZBD now. could be the SSL cert thing thats been impacting everything for the past few days i guess?

e: Eweka sucks. 50mbit speed limit, SSL doesnt work.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 2, 2021

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

sedative posted:

Did you pick the wrong plan? They do have a 50mbit plan, but the one I linked is unlimited everything.

The SSL thing can be fixed on your end https://support.newshosting.com/kb/article/534-tls-certificate-verification-failed/

I got the correct plan but they made no mention of the SSL server being a different server to the regular one in their welcome email with my details in it.

cleared my expired certs and got it working.

wrt the speed issue, dont know what happened there but eventually got it to saturate my connection. Maybe my account wasnt set up for the full speed initially, or it wasnt available on the non-SSL server? idk.

happy now but wasnt much to go on from their website initially. couldnt even find support/contact info (the sign up page doesnt include any account/login/support buttons)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Tea Bone posted:

Is there a way of manually setting how sonarr/nzb hydra search for something.

There's a show whose TVDB ID doesn't seem to match up for season 1. If I manually search the show by name then I can see a bunch of results, but hydra is showing that sonarr is searching by TVDB ID so it's coming back with nothing.

Am I stuck with having to manually download and move each episode or is there anywhere I can set a custom search query for sonar to use?

you can probably do a manual import using sonarr to manually pair it with the show and then it will move/rename.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

radarr definitely needs more hand-holding than Sonarr does.

its always grabbing movies that i have already downloaded watched and deleted, even when i tell it not to.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I pretty much only use radarr when i want to grab a movie that isnt out yet and I dont want to forget about grabbing it. any other time I will just go and manually pick an nzb and then manually move it to my NAS for Plex to scan and do all the metadata stuff.

my movies folder is messy as its a bunch of radarr renamed stuff and film.name.2008.h265 etc but it all comes through as expected in Plex so i dont really care given i dont really watch films that much.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Is the music *arr app any good? I know it comes up occasionally but I can't even recall the name.

Ideally It can plug in to my Spotify favourite artists/albums and grab things for me in my format of choice (WAV/FLAC) but maybe that's wishful thinking.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I figured as much. The stuff I'm into is niche enough that I have to buy stuff off of bandcamp most of the time anyway.

Bigger labels seem to just get dumped on there like anything else.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

has anyone had issue configuring Lunasea to talk to SABNZBD+? everything else on my system (sonarr, radarr) works fine, but I cant for the life of me get it to talk to SAB.

have turned on external access and have tried with and without authentication. Keep getting a 403 error from Lunaseas connection test which seems to suggest the authentication method is not 'basic' and needs custom headers?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I dont really need SAB in there with the other two working fine, but when i used my Lunasea to add a show last night when out with friends I wasnt getting prowl notifications to show each episode downloading (because it was a full series in a single pack) which prompted me to bother setting it up.

I can live without the functionality but the head scratcher is bothering me now.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Nzbs.in accused me of account sharing and banned me from using APIs despite the fact I donate $20 a year so they can eat my whole rear end.

Haven't touched my settings since .org went under and they gave me an invite. I'll pay drunkenslug instead.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Keito posted:

That could mean you're exposing your Sonarr/Radarr/etc services more widely than you think and someone came by stealing your API key. I really doubt an indexer would for no reason ban a person that's paying them every year, that's a loss for both sides. If I were you I'd verify that my server and services are properly secured.

I thought it was this, so explained myself and they STILL told me to get hosed. It was open for a day while a friend checked out my config, under explicit instruction to not copy my indexers as he was using torrents.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I was not.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ive been using Prowl on iOS to get my push notifications from Sonarr/Radarr since forever.

is there a better app for this in the modern world? it doesnt seem to have been updated in forever in terms of adding features.

I dont like that I can tell Sonarr to grab a whole season of a show and it notifies me of every. single. episode completing download. just tell me when the season completes or completes (with errors/failures)

fine being told S03E09 is downloaded and waiting, but getting 20 notifications one by one is annoying. maybe theres a newere competitor that takes these things into consideration?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

is there a way I can tell plex/sonarr/radarr to delete anything that has been marked for longer than x amount of days?

currently the only way i can find to do this is to edit each shows advanced settings within plex. I was hoping to blanket update everything in Plex to do this.