Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Just popping in to say I updated and I absolutely love the new UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Has anyone used SABCommand for the iPad with sabnzbd? I like it a lot but it names nzbs from nzbmatrix the most bizarre titles. I realiz I can change them but it's a pretty big annoyance.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Roving Reporter posted:

I use myNZB but it looks like pretty much the same thing, but prettier.

It's nice for naming, but I like SABConnect because you can see the entire site and aren't limited to 100 search items per category.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Can anyone remind me how to have SAB sort downloads by apps/movies/TV/etc? The folders are there and I just reinstalled SAB but I can't seem to find the sorting method. I'm able to see where it does TV sorting but I'm thinking more lower level stuff, as in just the apps/movies/anime/misc/books/whatever else section. I even tried NZB Status but it shows an asterisk next to each of them.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

The Gunslinger posted:

The categories section? Just hit categories and you can create your own there, define the folders where they go and whatnot. If you mean by keywords from nzb providers then you do need nzbdstatus for that.

Yeah it seems like categories are correct but in the previous version I had, it was all filled out and I just had to turn it on.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Posts Only Secrets posted:

They took the default list of categories out of the newest builds. Now its up to you to make your own. Remember, they are CaSe-SeNsItIvE. (Don't know why I still do that, it just drives the point home more.)

Any idea what the last version was where the list was in? I'll just uninstall, install that version and then upgrade. Thanks for the info

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Any reason my SABnzbd would be downloading from the European Astraweb as opposed to the US one? My server is set to news.astraweb.com but my servers are all being used by eu.astraweb.com and I'm getting a third of the usual speeds between all 20 connections.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

SlipperyNipple posted:

you are seeing which server the articles were posted through. i wish Sab would differentiate this somehow. See this come up so much in forums.

Oh that was a simple answer, thanks. I couldn't seem to have it come up in a simple Google search.

Guess it's just my internet being slow then.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Looks like NZBs.org is gone, hopefully short-term.

Edit: Nevermind, works again. Was only down for a minute or two.

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 17, 2012

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Any recommendations on getting the mobile apps to connect to SABnzbd over the same Wi-Fi connection as the host computer? I can connect to it no problem on 3G from my S4 and Note 8 but as soon as I connect to Wi-Fi it gives me connection errors.

I've tried changing the host to localhost, 0.0.0.0 and my no ip redirect to no avail though it'd be ideal if I could use the noIP redirect from both Wi-Fi and 3g. I remember finding a solution for this years ago but Google isn't turning up what I'm looking for.

It isn't just the apps either, if I attempt to connect to myip:port from any other device on the network it doesn't work, if they're on another network it connects no problem.

Thanks

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 1, 2013

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Should I bother setting sickbeard to Astraweb's actual retention rate of 1750 days? When manually downloading I typically look for <500 but even those are nuked often enough that I can't imagine it makes a big difference.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
It was slow enough that I cancelled and went to AstraWeb a few weeks ago, haven't had any speed issues outside of SuperNews but I definitely wasn't getting top speeds with SN.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
God drat, Nzbdrone is way better than Sickbeard. Thanks for suggesting it thread!

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I don't know why I waited so long to switch from Astra to Frugal but I finally did. Things are finally not failing all the loving time, my Blocknews account was being brutally pillaged for the last month or two. Dspite the supposed 300 days of retention, I've been able to pull things as far as ~500 days without issue in my limited use so far.

Their owner/rep person said on reddit that they'll be doing a promo soon so hopefully the $3.99/mo plan comes back because that'd be a steal. So far as a Highwinds reseller, it isn't as awful as it seems to be made out to be by some.

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 17, 2015

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Yeah I'm compelled to go with another reseller on Black Friday if there's a $5/month offer from one of them like there apparently was last year. Having a higher retention would certainly be worth it but I am so loving done with Astra.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I cancelled my Astraweb account a week ago [a day before billing cycle ended] and they still haven't cut my account off :lol:

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
If you need a block account, NGD has 1TB blocks for $35 for the rest of the day. Might be good if you're using Supernews, Astraweb or another non-Highwinds as your primary.

https://www.newsgroupdirect.com/black-friday

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
As a continuation of Black Friday deals, NZBCat has registrations for $5. Hopefully they don't pull the Lifetime > 1 year switch that Dog did, but if you care it's up at http://nzb.cat

Cheaper than NZB.su which is pretty much the only other indexer open to the public right now it seems.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Tide posted:

What indexer is preferred these days?

If you have access to an nzbs.org account, it's free and likely the best. But they suspended all invites so getting in is a bitch. Dog is pretty good but I am not renewing next year on account of them changing lifetime subs into 1 year. NZB Cat is probably one of the best ones with open registrations if you have access to neither .org nor dog (dog closed registrations for the time being too).

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I dumped Astra a few months ago because of the almost consistent broken files and speed slowing to a crawl on Sundays. Since switching off it, I've had much better luck.

If you're looking for stuff posted recently, there's really no better deal than Frugal at $6/mo which uses Highwinds servers. It has 600 days retention which isn't amazing but their speeds, price and website are all pretty good otherwise. Adding a block account on top of that isn't a terrible idea and usenet.farm has some deal right now where the current centigrade temperature is the % off.

If you want longer retention for your main server, Supernews is among the more reliable with higher completion rates from what I've seen/heard recently. I'd still suggest a block account from an alternative server source such as Blocknews (Highwinds, don't go this route if you use frugal) or usenet.farm which use their own servers for 30 days, XSnews 31-1000 days and Highwinds up to 2800 days.

Another thing to try, if you haven't already, is to add the European servers to your lower server priority on Astra. DMCA takedowns are notoriously high on Astra's US servers but their EU ones respond a lot more slowly or not at all. I'd still suggest dumping Astra all together but it might be worth a shot.

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 22, 2016

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Nzb Cat can often be slow to have stuff posted but in general it's nice.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Newsgroup Direct is doing an unlimited account for $5.50/month for tomorrow only. Some dudes on Reddit said they had their accounts deleted by NGD for using several TB a month but I'll try cancelling my Frugal for the extra .50 cents a month & 2700 more days of retention (300 Frugal, about 3k NDG). I figure if they cancel my NDG I'll just go back to Frugal.

https://www.newsgroupdirect.com/blog/2016/08/12/unlimited-usenet-one-day-special/

12AM Eastern tomorrow until 11:59PM tomorrow.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
It's Highwinds. Forgot that, sorry

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
This seems to be the most current Usenet map

https://m.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Trillest Parrot posted:

Sweet, made a new profile with HD resolutions that weren't HDTV, changed profiles on the series, hit search, and I'm off. Thanks!

If I could offer a suggestion, don't bother with 1080p WEB-DL rips. They're generally upscaled poop and often look worse than their 720p WEB-DL comparable, in particular if they come from iTunes source.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
It's because TVBD kept timing out. I wasn't able to add anything to Sonarr last night because the site kept going down, it's fine now.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Quite frankly I have no idea how that site survives while remaining free. They feed content to Kodi as well so they must get hammered constantly.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Smeep posted:

How do you get Sonarr to quit making folders inside of folders that already exist for TV seasons created before I started using Sonarr?

Rename the folders that existed before, ideally. Unless you change it, it should be Season 1, Season 9, Season 10 etc without a 0 before the number.

Maybe I'm not properly understanding the question but I haven't had Sonar make unwanted folders if my stuff is named properly "E:\TV\TVShow\Season 1" for example.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
You pretty much need a second server now, especially for certain networks' shows and certain studios' movies.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I've never used Spotnet but it seems like NZB.cat is the consensus on a good option for people needing a new home. I use it as a backup to nzbs dot org when it's down and it's worked quite well.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

If you're going to recommend something at least make sure that registrations are open :)

I think you can pay to register? Most of the good sites now are paid anyway and at least Cat is a one time deal... for now.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

That's what they said about DogNZB.

Don't bring back memories :(

Dog is still somewhat useful on their BS "light" account to pull APIs when NZBs dot org is down, aka every night after 9 PM

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Dot org works for me. Make sure you're signing in on /forum or /beta at the end of the url, especially if you haven't signed in for a while.

EL is right though, it seems to go down nightly around midnight for an hour or more.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
The Black Friday deals are starting, at least with one.

https://www.thundernews.com/signup_bf_2016.php

Going to grab this and a Usenet Farm block this time around I think.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
NZB Cat is a solid alternative for when NZBs.org goes down overnight. I have .org, Cat for when it's down and 6box.me for a free API-friendly account but Cat is my first go-to when .org is down.

Well worth the $5 imo and it's a much better UI than the only other real alternative, NZB Geek

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
The Usenet Farm is decent for blocks but its monthly special is only good for either the first month of a sub or a block of months (i.e. pay for a year). I'd recommend getting on the Thunder News or NewsGroupDirect deals as a main then supplement it with a Usenet.farm block as a backup or Astraweb block as a backup.

Or go on the Astraweb special, $3 a month cheaper than you are paying now, at http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/8paypal.html

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
No problem. I'd still recommend getting a block on Usenet Farm for completionist's sake unless you aren't getting any completion errors.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Unless I'm missing somethimg, buying a block from anyone but Usenet.Farm seems like an odd choice. With their own servers for 30 days and both XSNews and Highwinds as a backup, I can't see any reason to get a just-Highwinds backup server.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Hydra is handy if you have multiple accounts. I use it for my manual searches instead of automated.

I've got accounts at dot org, 6box, Cat and NZB.su but funny enough it's 6box with its free account and limited registration that pops up with files before the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Lemons posted:

Been getting a lot of incompletes on Supernews with a Blocknews backup. I haven't even looked at the usenet situation in years, what are the current goon-approved providers?

There's nothing really "goon approved" but a Supernews or Astraweb unlimited account with a Usenet.Farm block backup account is generally quite good.

Some stuff on the network with dragons and thrones might give you problems no matter how many servers you try but generally the setup I referenced above works well enough.