Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Since the last few releases of SABnzbd, I've found it can sometimes be really slow to look at different pages such as the config page or to view warnings etc, looking at the logs, it seems this is happening an awful lot:

2011-05-07 16:31:42,487::INFO::[database:91] Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sabnzbd\database.pyo", line 82, in execute
OperationalError: database is locked
2011-05-07 16:31:44,809::ERROR::[database:89] SQL Command Failed, see log
2011-05-07 16:31:44,809::INFO::[database:91] Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sabnzbd\database.pyo", line 82, in execute
OperationalError: database is locked

Any idea why this would be happening so often and how to fix it? Is it just the database is hosed? I've no problem with losing my history if there is a way to get SABnzbd to purge it and start afresh. (I upgraded to latest version but has been doing it a month or two now).

Edit:

Did a bit of googling the SABnzbd forums, deleted history1.db and everything now loads instantly.

Lord Dekks fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

I find that as soon as my history in SABnzbd gets to be more than 20+ items, that it takes forever to bring up the history anymore, sometimes taking a minute plus. Is this considered normal? If so, are there any plans to let you delete multiple history items at once?

At the moment I can pretty much delete a item from history, wait a minute for it to reload, delete another etc, or clear the entire history but I'd much rather be able to say 'Delete everything but the last two weeks worth of items'.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

He pretty specifically said he can purge the list but would prefer to leave X amount of days worth.

I solved the slowness problem by only showing 15 of 20 history items per page. Have you tried that?

Is this a Plush only option? I can't seem to find a option to only show only a certain number of options on a page.

Theres a good chance just switching to the plush theme would probably solve the problem but I really really hate that theme, I think it looks ugly as hell as tries too hard, I much prefer the classic theme. I know they're really pushing the plush theme and doing away with classic soon though aren't they?

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

I have tried recently and don't feel it adds anything and looks really ugly, I know a lot of people love it but I don't, I'm not going to argue over the internet over the aesthetics of a nzb downloader :v:

I'll probably just start purging my history weekly in response to the slow history loading program.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

I don't think anyone uses Newzbin anymore but this might be of interest to UK users:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13927335

They're trying to get one of the largest ISPs in the UK to block access to Newzbin.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

nValid posted:

I used Giganews and Newsbin in the past and just 2 weeks ago signed up for a new Giganews account. I was sold on the VyprVPN and not having my ISP see what I'm downloading. Worth the $35 a month to me...

I'm a dual US/UK citizen and got annoyed some country restrictions when each respective country, and still go back and forth a lot so to me its worth it for the choice of US/UK VPN.

If I didn't use it I probably would just go with the supernews account but if you think you'll use the VPN at all, its a really great service they offer.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Is there a quick/simple way to make Sickbeard/SABnzbd NOT download or process anything between a certain time? They're both set to launch when windows starts but I'd rather not have anything being processed if I'm just quickly checking email and news while I get ready for work and will be shutting down after 20 minutes.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Nitr0 posted:

SAB has a scheduler that will pause and unpause during certain times. Not sure why you care if sickbeard is running or not, all it does is pass nzb url's to SAB. Shouldn't take up any resources.

It doesn't, but either wanted Sickbeard to not pass nzbs during that time, or SAB to not download, a solution to either would work.

Will check out the scheduler, I'll try making a rule to pause at 7am and resume at 9am and see if that works.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

td4guy posted:

Looks like people are starting to get fed up with the DMCA takedowns on major providers. This is the front page of the NZBsRus indexing site right now:

That's funny in itself as on NZBMatrix, half the time the comments have 'Wouldn't complete using Astraweb' followed by 'Worked fine here - Giganews/supernews'.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Any idea why I sometimes get the following error?:

Error renaming "C:\SABnzbd04\downloads\complete\Filename\Folder 1\_UNPACK_Filename" to "C:\SABnzbd04\downloads\complete\Filename\Folder 1\Filename"

When I look in the complete directory, the file extracted fine, it just happens to be in in the _UNPACK_ folder rather than the parent one with all the rest of the related files. Only seems to happen once every couple of downloads, and isn't a big deal as can just move the file, but didn't know if there was a easy fix.

Edit: I'm not still using SABnzbd v0.4, it just happens to be where my file library is located from many versions ago.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

FISHMANPET posted:

You could have some service accessing that file when SAB tries to do the rename, and it fails because the files are in use.

Ah, could just having the folder open in windows explorer be doing that? I tend to often have it open to see which files I don't need anymore and can be deleted.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

tomm posted:

I've had a look and I do prefer the XBMC interface but I don't want the hassle of building a system for it, the Boxee Box seems like the quickest and cheapest option. I'm still weighing up my options, baring in mind I won't be storing any content on the system, it's all going to be streamed over my network (using an ethernet cable, not wifi).

Although, for what I use the Apple TV doesn't seem that bad. Again though, I'd just be worried about the performance when streaming large MKV files. It's almost too small. Actually, does it even play MKV files natively? Really need to do some research.

How important is the MKV side of things to you? I've found my Xbox 360 is fantastic at streaming, the only caveat is that MKVs need to be re-wrapped into MP4s, but its dead easy to get SABnzbd to do this in a script and doesn't take long on a derm system. So might be worth getting a cheap used Xbox 360?

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

tomm posted:

I'm currently using my Xbox 360. It's ok, it can actually play MKV's with WMC but it's fussy over which ones it will play and I really don't like the performance and interface. It's all very slow and clunky for my liking. It serves a purpose though.

That's fair enough, in the meantime though you might want to check out:

http://xenonmkv.ev98.net/

The following (quick and dirty) SABnzbd script will auto re-wrap the MKVs to be a lot more Xbox friendly:

code:
cd /d %1
IF NOT EXIST *.mkv GOTO NOMKV
del *sample*.*
del *.srr
del *.srt
del *.nfo
del *.nzb
IF EXIST *.mkv c:\XenonMKV\XenonMKV.exe -inputfolder %1 -outputfolder %1
cd /d %1
IF EXIST *.mp4 del *.mkv
:NOMKV
exit
I found that when I tried to transcode, files would sometimes get out of sync or have the odd hiccup.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Has anyone else had problems with the Chrome extension SABConnect++ recently? For the past week I keep getting 'This extension has crashed, click here to reload' pop-up, mostly if I alt-tab away and then flip back to Chrome.

It still works once I reload it, just didn't know if this is something thats been happening to other people or if maybe my Chrome profile has become corrupted and could do with a clear out.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Lord Dekks posted:

Has anyone else had problems with the Chrome extension SABConnect++ recently? For the past week I keep getting 'This extension has crashed, click here to reload' pop-up, mostly if I alt-tab away and then flip back to Chrome.

It still works once I reload it, just didn't know if this is something thats been happening to other people or if maybe my Chrome profile has become corrupted and could do with a clear out.

Quoting myself to say if anyone else has had the same problem as above, try deleting your SABnzbd history. I tend to forget to do it on any sort of regular basis and mine was about 90 pages long, after purging the history the SABConnect++ extension hasn't crashed on me once.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

How is Sickbeard nowadays in keeping up to date with TV shows? (Or rather whatever site it queried show info from). I used Sickbeard in the past and would love it to begin with, but soon got frustrated that whenever there was a mid season break, I would have to continually force manual refreshes to get new episodes to appear etc, and found a lot of issues with the scene not being able to decide on season/episode numbers and getting duplicates etc.

I normally just stream to my TV via my Xbox 360 or just through my videocards HDMI out, so am not bothered by metadata etc, just the automatically downloading without having to fuss with RSS feeds.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Any idea why post processing is suddenly failing for me in Sabnzbd? I keep getting 'Unable to rename <Path>\UNPACK_DownloadedItem to <Path>\DownloadItem'. Nothing has changed on my end that I'm aware of to suddenly cause this to happen.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

astr0man posted:

Are you out of disk space on the unpacked drive/path?

No idea what the issue was, whatever it was it seems to of resolved itself after a few days, I'm assuming some weird windows permissions thingymejig, if in doubt blame windows! :)

Can anyone explain how the 'Check before download' option works? It says it will try to predict completion but is slower. How much slower are we talking? And also does it take backup servers into account? Seems more and more things are getting DMCA'd even from my backup server which traditionally in the past was pretty successful at filling in the blanks.

Especially annoying as I p much use usenet as a DVR and can legitimately watch and record all the content that is generally removed. I almost wish I still had a VCR.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Nzbs.org is down right now, not sure if just flooded by people finding out Nzbmatrix is down or if its a bad sign.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

If you're getting an error for nzbs.org, try doing a search and you'll get the login page and it then works, i.e:

http://nzbs.org/search/jgdsgdsgsd

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Aws posted:

I wish they would take the hint. I don't use Usenet because I'm cheap, I use it because it's my only choice as a non-US resident. Other than ordering DVDs online or paying for TV provider and not having any control over what I want to watch and when to watch it, this is the only way I can actually watch TV. Everything else tells me "Sorry, you're not in the US so stick your money up your rear end." It's the same with the music industry. I can't wait for the loving old men running Big Media to retire and let less retarded people take over who will actually let me give them money. Steam figured it out, and in a few years I've happily paid for 200+ games. I haven't not paid for a game in years.

Yeah same here, you don't wanna be that guy who tries to justify pirating poo poo, but when you just want to watch a tv series while its new and before its spoilered to hell, it gets frustrating, especially when you'd be perfectly happy to watch it while it airs with commercials and all if you had that option.

If you want to watch The Colbert Report in the UK, there is literally no way to see it, no network broadcasts it. Its sometimes on iTunes but the season pass costs more than a cable package (Which doesn't broadcast it here anyway), so your only option which isn't a bit morally grey is to pay several hundred dollars each month for just a few seasons of shows which is prohibitively expensive.

I looked into something like Hulu Plus using a vpn but they've gone out of their way to block overseas people from subscribing, which is presumably due to pressure from networks so I don't blame Hulu for that but it doesn't leave many options. I try to go out of my way to avoid spoilers but still had so many tv shows spoiled for me thanks to someone posting a image or comment on facebook/twitter etc so by the time it finally rolls around to being shown I already know most of the episode outcomes. Even if itunes or a similar service did a all you can eat package for $100 then I'd be happy with that.

Sorry for the derail, I know its well worn ground but its frustrating that there isn't just some unified option by all the networks for consumers to easily get content, and peoples response is often 'You just want free poo poo you entitled gently caress :smug:'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

UndyingShadow posted:

It's possible, I've just never seen that much consistent damage. Usually my mains grab all but a few MBs and then the block accounts take over.

I know is from a few days ago, but it looks like a massive purge has happened on giganews/supernews recently, a few months ago they was a similar sudden increase in missing articles. I'm getting missing articles more often than not, and that's with two backup block accounts on different usenet backbones.