Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Dry loop is when you just buy a direct line for DSL and don't get a phone line. ATT and verizon etc have started selling them now too, so its not a creepy scam or anything from DSLextreme. I've found its usually a dollar or two cheaper with a dry loop since there's no city/state taxes on it, good if you never planned to use phone service from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
What do you have to do for mediadog to sync with your system, I assume you have to open up those ports to the internet & set a strong password? Anything else?

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
my skin of choice is "Transparency!" - I've tried almost all the others in the official addon and none of them really do more for me. I never hear it recommended though, so v:shobon:v.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Good looking out, just registered!

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good

MasterColin posted:

So after all my happiness with my unraid usenet box, I'm noticing that sab seems to Max my CPU. top shows it running at 90% at idle and over 100 when downloading. I have a dual core i3 proc.

This then bottlenecks my Plex server making me have trouble streaming.

I think I need to set a limit on sab's CPU usage or at least set priority

What version of Unraid did you install? V5 or V4?

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
I built a new pc and got all my setup going, but when I install the nzbdstatus addon I don't get that really handy orange button on the side of each article that shot the nzb straight to SAB. I set up all the settings, am I missing a key piece?

EDIT: nevermind figured it out. The official release at mozilla and on the homepage is really old. The "unsupported" version kicked me from 1.x to 2.05b. Works great now!

Minty Swagger fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 23, 2013

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Anyone who's on unraid and accessing their server remotely, what do you do security wise? VPN? Something else?

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Is there a reason to use Kodi over Plex anymore if I don't use any of the plug-in systems and just play files locally? This is coming from a xbmc-kodi die hard who always assumed that Plex was the "babby" player and Kodi was for the big boys. Am I deluding myself? I dont plan to transcode or stream, if that helps.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Time to update to v3!

Edit: which could potentially fix your issue.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Unraid? That very bug is why I switched back to SAB. Before I switched I ran a script that would reboot NZ get every 3 hours and that would ensure the queue would clear up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good

Laserface posted:

Radarr is absolutely not as good as sonarr. What gives?

Constantly either not finding things or only finding 40gb remuxes.

I had good luck with my setup after configuring it with the guide here. https://trash-guides.info/