Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Plastic Jesus posted:

I'm writing an application needs to sync with Exchange via OWA and IMAP, and need a test server that I can seed with data from PSTs. For some inexplicable reason Rackspace's Hosted Exchange does not allow one to access the account via custom code, only from a "real" mail client. There are no pre-built AWIs that include exchange (and I don't want to have to deal with administration anyway). Can anyone recommend a hosted service that costs ~$10/month that I could use as a test server during development?

Can you download the 180 day trial and stick it in a vm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Our clients with Office 2007 are Small Business edition (we don't use Access), and the few Office 2010 installations are Standard edition for the same reason. We're on Exchange 2007 at the moment and I'm trying to figure out what licenses I would need to use the personal archive feature of Exchange 2010, because gently caress PSTs.
It seems that I need to upgrade everyone to Office 2010 Professional Plus in order to have it work, is that right? Also, we need both Std and Ent CALs for Exchange 2010.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

j3rkstore posted:

I was looking into this awhile ago and it turns out you can use the functionality in Office 2007 as well.

Yes, but only for Office Professional Plus, Enterprise or standalone Outlook 2007 as far as I can tell. If that's the case OWA is looking like the best solution.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

I created a room mailbox, gave an AD group permissions to edit it and everything seems to be working fine with one problem. When entries are first created they are listed as:

Last modified by CALENDAR_NAME at DATE.

If a user then makes a change and re-saves the entry only then does it change to:

Last modified by USER at DATE.

Is this normal or have I screwed something up somewhere? I'd like to know which user created each entry.
Exchange 2007 with mostly Outlook 2007 but some 2010.