Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

johnnyonetime
Apr 2, 2010
Hey guys, my boss want's me to generate a Powershell report on how many e-mails she receives on a day to day basis... :iiam:

I have googled some stuff but can't really come up with anything.

I have tried Get-MailboxStatistics and GetMessageTrackingReport cmdlets and while they give me good information I can't narrow down just raw received e-mails on a daily basis.

Anyone have ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnnyonetime
Apr 2, 2010

Linux Nazi posted:

Pretty sure the EPA will do that.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=10559

You won't be able to track daily message counts via the shell since I don't think that statistic is kept. And performance counters could possibly be set to see how many messages a mailbox gets per second(?). To get an actual count you will need to use a tool that scans the tracking logs.

Thanks! Unfortunately we are using hosted Exchange with Live@EDU and I'm not familiar with a way to check against our server out in the wild.

Maybe if I setup SSO with the hosted Exchange the Profile Analyzer will successfully connect.

Thanks for the tip