Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Thel posted:

Except they're very specific on their security requirements: Create a group "Car Admins" (to contain the receptionist and a couple of the secretarial staff), that group to have full rights to the calendar (create/update/delete) for all bookings. Everyone else is only to be able to edit their own bookings (and not have them overlap with pre-existing ones - actually, make it so no-one can overlap them).

We do this with conference rooms.

Make a room mailbox, turn on the auto attendant and it's first-come, first-served to make an appointment. Give the Car Admins group full access permissions and they can remove/add appointments as needed. I'm pretty sure there's a setting on a room mailbox (you may have to set it via PowerShell) that will auto-reject anything that overlaps. It's pretty easy stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Okay I'm stumped but maybe someone has dealt with this before...

I have an out of office RULE set up on an account (now former employee) set to trigger on out of office to auto-reply because we were having some issues with out of office not working properly... so i set it up via rules rather than the built-in assistant in an Outlook 2003 client.

Someone upgraded the machine I use to do things like that (semi-backdoor account on a shared machine sorta thing, not necessarily the best idea but it works to mangle accounts of lazy people who don't do it themselves) to Outlook 2007 and now the out of office assistant where I used to get to the Rules tab is now unable to connect. I've gone through a few MS recommended solutions, no luck. I think it has something to do with authentication, I'm not sure.

Regardless all I want to do is kill that rule. It's not a mail filter rule, it doesn't show up there. I just want to know what I can twiddle with on the exchange server itself in order to toggle that rule off and just use the standard auto-reply for out of office if this makes any sense. Right now it's sending my old message and the new one he set before leaving, so everyone sending an email to that account gets two replies. Not great.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

adaz posted:

You probably want to use Get-inboxrule (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351062.aspx) to see what you had set and Disable-Inboxrule to shut off your old custom one (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd298120.aspx)

That didn't find it and neither did the other thing.

I think that the OOF assistant saves that rule tab in a super special place that isn't covered in anything naturally available in the powershell by default.

So I just wiped a machine, changed his password and logged in as him on a 2010 machine and I was able to get the OOF assistant to open and could delete the rule from there. I don't really know how to explain it and MS doesn't have many answers.