Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

citywok
Sep 8, 2003
Born To Surf

captkirk posted:

For Exchange 2010 I know if you want automatic failover for your CAS you need to set up a CAS array, but how can you do manual failover? Our servers are multiroled with a DAG so we can't do a CAS array and I need to know how to fail over in the case one CAS dies.

This is because the DAG role requires Failover Clustering, and the CAS role requires Network Load Balancing, and you can't have both roles on the same server.

The ideal solution is two enterprise servers running DAG (enterprise exchange and enterprise server), and two additional standard edition servers running CAS. This is the model we're using. On top of this, at another location we store another DAG copy, and a CAS for DR.

Don't forget you need server 2008 r2 enterprise to get the failover clustering role, and you need exchange enterprise to go beyond something like 5 mailbox databases. That said I'm not sure if you need enterprise to get the DAG feature itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citywok
Sep 8, 2003
Born To Surf
Has anybody ever had problems using the EMC after replacing a CAS? We have had it crop up a few times and I finally found a solution.

This was the message we always got:
"The attempt to connect to http://server.domain.com/PowerShell using "Kerberos" authentication failed: connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WinRM client acnnot complete the operation within the time specified. Check if the machine name is valid and is reachable over the network and firewall exception for Windows Remote Management service is enabled. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic."

Remove this key:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\ExchangeServer\v14\AdminTools\NodeStructureSettings

http://www.andrewparisio.com/2011/10/exchange-server-2010-management-console.html

citywok
Sep 8, 2003
Born To Surf

simcole posted:

I have a problem and I need some guidance.

I have a set of wireless security cameras that take pictures of 3 different businesses. Each business has 3 cameras for a total of 9 cameras. Whenever a camera takes a picture it text messages it to a preset email address: example bobcam1@home.com bobcam2@home.com etc

What I need:
I need the attachment stripped from the email and put into a specific folder on my webserver and then the email deleted. So root/bob/ or root/sam/ etc with pictures in each of those folders.
I found an exchange addon that will do this called "attachment save" http://www.mapilab.com/exchange/attachment_save. Problem is bluehost doesn't run an exchange server nor do I know anything about exchange. I downloaded and ran a demo copy of exchange and this addon and it works as long as the place you want to store it is on the same machine as the exchange server. If I could save it to my bluehost site that would be ideal. Maybe I don't even need exchange to strip the email.

PLEASE help.

Is this an IMAP mailbox, and do you know any PHP? If so, you could do this in like 5 minutes. This is probably fairly simple in other languages too, but i've done something similar in PHP before so that's why i'm showing it to you this way.

This should send you in the right direction:

$mbox = imap_open("{localhost:143}INBOX","username","password") or die('Cannot connect to imap: ' . print_r(imap_error()));
$totalrows = imap_num_msg($mbox);
$headers = imap_fetch_overview($mbox, "1:$totalrows", 0);
foreach($headers as $header){
//this is the grey area for grabbing the attachment, you may need some logic here to make sure this is the exact slot the image ends up in. i use this code for something else where the attachment ends up in slot 2 normally
$attachment = imap_fetchbody($mbox, $header->uid, 2, FT_UID);
$file=fopen("/root/bob/image.jpg","w");
fputs($file, $attachment);
imap_delete($mbox, $header->uid, FT_UID);
}

HTH

citywok
Sep 8, 2003
Born To Surf

Nevergirls posted:

Hey so what's up with this: in Exchange 2010, I have a user who has "full access permission" to a few mailboxes. They all show up in Outlook and she can email from them, and usually the mail she sends goes into her own personal sent items. However, one of the mailboxes is storing the sent items in that mailbox's sent items. How do I control this behavior? I tried both adding the mailbox to her Outlook profile via Account Settings->Advanced->Mailboxes, and by straight up adding it as a new Exchange mailbox in the existing profile. Doesn't seem to make a difference there.

You can change that behavior with a registry hack: http://www.andrewparisio.com/2012/02/outlook-sent-and-deleted-items-hack.html