Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.
I am curious about what peoples opinions are on backing up exchange 2010. Do you just using Windows Server Backup, a third party software solution, or can you simply just do a VSS copy of the data directory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

Does anyone happen to have any experience with Open Source backup solutions such as Amanda or Bacula for backing up Exchange. At the moment we are just using Windows Server Backup for just one Exchange server, but I am curious if there are free solutions that might be more robust since my organization is kinda strapped for cash.

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You could still disable his AD account and export the mailbox