Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005
Looking for anybody with 6 or more digit Exchange implementations, how doable is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005

Bob Morales posted:

6 digits is 100k

The US Navy supposedly has 700,000 mailboxes in Exchange (and on VMware), there's a white paper out there about it.

This is very interesting to me. I need to scope out how a multi-million mailbox Exchange setup might be achieved. Links? Searching hasn't yielded any results for me.

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005

Nam Taf posted:

I would like to exchange my left testicle for the ability to apply share permissions to mailboxes AND PARENTS in outlook.

For example, if I need access to a colleague's email folder, I need to create myself as a reviewer/whatever there, then make myself able to view each of the parent folders back to his original mailbox (i.e: above the inbox, sent, etc.) individually. If I don't, I can't access it.

Please tell me I'm retarded and there's a way to easily do this.

There's an Exchange tool which allows you to apply permissions down a tree. It's called.... ummm.... PFDAV Admin? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005

roarshark posted:

Imagine having to actually type the server name in. That sounds horrible.

*thinks nothing of compiling from source, editing xml config files*