Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Thel posted:

Fuuuuck Exchange.

Just got dragged into the aftermath of a botched migration (initially it was going to be from 2003 to 2007, now we're just trying to get it working any way possible).

OWA works, and outlook can connect if I feed it the new server settings (can't autodetect).

... and the new sysadmin has just made everything work. I think. Except you have to remove your old email settings from control panel/mail, and readd from there.

What the gently caress.

I hate exchange soooo much.

(that's "new sysadmin" as in 'started last month; prior qualification is cable jockey at an ISP', not 'new sysadmin started yesterday after the previous one was ritually executed for botching the mail migration'.

Just to clear that up.)

From someone who is a co-owner of IT company and TPM that has done hundreds of Exchange 2007 and 2010 implementations, Exchange 2007 and 2010 suck massive elephant cock. Also, gently caress PowerShell in its loving rear end.

Sorry for the generalized rant, had to blow off steam. A recent implementation has gone awry yet again (certificate issues) and is causing massive grief, thank goodness this is a parallel spin-up to an existing 2003 environment.

R-Type fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hi all.

I have a production environment with an Exchange 2007 implementation, 1 CAS/HUB server and a Exchange 2010 environment in implementation, with 3 CAS/HUB servers and 4 mailbox servers. What would be the best way in the interim to configure SMTP traffic to flow back and forth from the production environment to the 2010 environment, leaving the production environment configured the way it is for now (mail flows from smarthost to 2007 CAS server) ? The project plan is to have both environments running in parallel, conduct trials and gain acceptance to migrate users and services.

It's been years since I've done 2003 and lately I've been more tied up with project management and running the business. I've had to pick up on this project due to a resource failing to clear a NRC background check, so I apologize for the ignorance.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Linux Nazi posted:

If they are entirely separate organizations / administrative groups / active directory deployments, then you would simply configure send connectors with specific address space parameters.

This deployment is within the same organization / domain as the 2007 exchange environment.