Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Animal Man #26. For context, Animal Man has had his family viciously killed and has been on a cosmic odyssey through continuity nightmares, time, and even limbo to try to find their true killer. It turns out the person responsible is none other than the writer himself. After a bit of conversation and a forced fight, Grant has this to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I actually had the hill and the flashlight scene ready, but didn't want to post too much.

Animal Man #26

Dr. Hurt fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 15, 2011

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Daredevil killed Bullseye and took over the Hand to use them to turn Hell's Kitchen into a police state.

He also was involved in a really bad miniseries.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I saw it as Daredevil had no idea what the hell just happened. He was just pulled into a big fight with nazis and all he knew was that the stakes were high. He just filed it away as "that nazi thing" because it was just one of those things that happens to Daredevil.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Crossposting from the Funny Panels thread.

Dr. Hurt posted:

BPRD: Universal Machine 4
Although not particularly funny in context, I thought Hellboy's calm reaction to Daryl is just brilliantly deadpan.

choobs posted:

In context however, it's one of the most existentially terrifying moments in a series full of them.

The story of Daryl is really touching and sad. Just a poor sap who gets randomly hosed with by the world.

BPRD The Universal Machine #4

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Waterhaul posted:

So much of Pluto could be posted here and it would all be great.

That really is true. I need to do a re-read of Monster since so much of that and 20th Century Boys would fit in this or the Badass thread.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

What's the source of this?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Whatever it is, it's prime avatar material.

e) for content. In Planetary #2 a group of pseudo-revolutionaries from Japan go to an unclaimed island between Japan and Russia known as Island Zero. What the find there are giant corpses of lost monsters, as well as some shady guard figures. The Planetary team gets there a little too late to stop a violent altercation.

Then later at the end of the issue

Dr. Hurt fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Probably got posted before but talking about Doom Patrol in the chat thread got me thinking about a moment that has always stuck with me.

Doom Patrol Vol. 2 #19