Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Since I don't want to just post a bunch of pages here's an imgur gallery

http://mrbird22.imgur.com/batmans

It's from Gotham Knights #18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Since it got brought up in the GIF thread I thought I'd post my favorite of Chris Ware's 2006 New Yorker covers.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Here's a link to my favorite comic book song

You can get their whole album for free right here! It's pretty good!

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Stargazing Dog

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Lose #1

The little onion lookin' guy is in hell at a bar populated by cartoon characters.

Duncan the Wonder Dog

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
If it matters, you don't find out. You should read it anyway though.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Empowered Vol 6

After losing her girlfriend in a supervillain related space station disaster, Sistah Spooky prepares a spell to "fix" herself and hide her emotions from her horrible teammates. While she's doing this she remembers the day she got her powers only to have her girlfriend pop up in her memories. It turns out that before she died, she put a simple little mnemonic emulation of herself in Spooky's worst memories so that that she wouldn't feel so alone when things were at their worst. They have a little conversation and this is how it ends.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Portrait of a Girl with an Unpronounceable Name from Negative Burn #20

Also collected in The One Trick Rip-Off + Deep Cuts by Paul Pope

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I know I've posted this before but here it is again.

From It's A Bird...

It's one of my favorite comics. It's about how a man is given the chance to write the Superman comic and he uses it as a way to come to terms with the fact he might contract Huntington's and if he has any children he might pass it on to them.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Glory 34

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
ANYWAY

From V for Vendetta

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

W.T. Fits posted:

From what I've seen of it so far (which is basically just the scans posted in this thread), is Injustice supposed to be some kind of huge middle finger to everyone who was ever a fan of the Justice League or DC superheroes in general?

Because that's what it's coming across as so far.
Nah the game is actually more like a big wet sloppy kiss. The comic is just kind of crummy and weird.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I'm not sure what issue of Beasts of Burden this is from but what happens is that one day Ace (the husky) finds a runaway teenager hiding in his dog house who can apparently understand what the animals are saying. They quickly become close friends until the boy starts acting strange as the full moon approaches. Finally, it's revealed that the reason he can understand the dogs is because he's a werewolf. He transforms and is immediately chased into the woods by some hunters with the animals close behind.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

bobkatt013 posted:

They had me at Hellboy team up.
The Hellboy team up isn't actually in the hardcover. It's a one shot issue that isn't collected anywhere, I'm pretty sure.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Nah if you REALLY want to feel like total poo poo after reading a comic book my go-to recommendation is Stargazing Dog. I'm pretty sure it was designed in a lab by a team of scientists in an attempt to weaponize the most primal, awful internal feelings that everyone who has ever owned a pet has.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I'm pretty sure he was making a joke.

And the dog goes on to live for another year, scavenging for food and sleeping in the car.

And to close here's a poem that's not in the book but is still something I think about a lot

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Li'l Gotham #6

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Gatts posted:

Please tell me in that continuity Bruce and Talia live together and raise Damian like a family. Like, let's go for some nice poo poo for a change.
They're more like divorced parents which is kind of sweet in it's own way. I mean, Li'l Gotham is a comic book mostly for children and having two parents be divorced is something a lot of children obviously deal with but it's also something that isn't reflected in any media, especially in something they might read or relate to.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I swear to god I don't have a collection of dying animals comics. I just wanted to share because I like Alec Stevens' art when I'm in the right mood.

From Taboo 8

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

RedMagus posted:

Oh man, I think we're gonna get a new entry to this thread soon:

Hellboy & Beast of Burden together! I'm excited as hell, and sad I had already hit the comic store before seeing the link.
You got me all excited for a new one but that comic has been out since 2010. It's a good comic! Check it out if you can!

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
A sweet little moment from Logicomix

I dunno just trying to break up the super hero comics.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I'm gonna dust these off again since we're posting sad dog panels

Stargazing Dog

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Lose #2, I think.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Things can be touching without being inspiring. It doesn't hurt to branch out a little from pictures of superman crying.

Mr Wind Up Bird fucked around with this message at 12:33 on May 2, 2014

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Lurdiak posted:

If you think that's bad, I hear the people photographed in Pulitzer-winning news photos don't get a dime!
I'm not sure what kind of point you are making here.