Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
That really was an amazing issue. Different parts of it have been in the bad-rear end, funny and uplifting threads.

Has Warren Ellis written anything close to this lately or has he gone full bore into Ennis & Millar gross out and meme territory?

At this point I'd settle for something that's retarded but owns it like Nextwave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Directorman posted:

Does the Sentinel live? :ohdear:

Doesn't Justin have some sort of intuitive ability to repair it anyway?

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Is that the same reporter that interviewed Captain America and told him his point of view was irrelevant because he didn't know what Facebook, and NASCAR were? If so I hate that character even more.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Lars Blitzer posted:

Get them in a crew with MACH V, Shocker, and Fixer(somehow), and you've got my $5 every month. Call it "Bro Team."

Throw in Bullseye, Juggernaut, and Deadpool. Deadpool has great chemistry with Bullseye and Taskmaster and I miss Identity Disc.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Comic Crisis on 2 Earths has no James Woods.

Owlman redubbed from other James Woods works is pretty much a mandatory repost every time someone mentions this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPFbuaSBzNs

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Drifter posted:

Just the idea of a dog wearing a cape is so ridiculous it's actually rather funny.

Superman doesn't seem to think it's very funny at all.

(From an old Photoshop Friday, or Ruin The Moment thread)

For further dog therapy see
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3553037
&
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3315453

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Jedit posted:

You seriously think that genocide is redeemable?

I don't know about redeemable, but he was at least a little sympathetic by the end.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Dacap posted:

From Next week's Ms Marvel

gently caress. I read the first issue and just thought it was ok, but you got me... I'll catch up.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

drat, I just did a little research and the whole Lichtenstein painting Irv Novick's panels is even worse than it sounds at first. Lichtenstein's process was just using a projector to trace and being lax with details, he didn't change anything but remove a speech bubble, copy a similar plane from a different panel and generally make it look worse. To add insult to injury, Lichtenstein claims he made it trying to find something that galleries wouldn't hang. The point of his 'art' is that the original panel isn't art.
For reference, the original:

The copy:

Bonus, someone making fun of the copy:

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Timeless Appeal posted:

I think the biggest problem with Irredeemable is that is wusses out of its very concept. The promise of Irredeemable is that it's about Superman snapping. And that's a really frightening and uncomfortable concept. But it's not about Superman snapping. It's about a guy who happens to have Superman's powers who turns out to be an rear end in a top hat. And also all the other superheroes turn out to be assholes. It's not a story about good people snapping or their ethics being challenged. It's just lovely people being lovely.

I read the whole run and at some point it really would have been better if it had been intentionally played for laughs(sometime in between lobotomizing 'Jimmy', his arch nemesis confessing true love, and meeting an alien that could literally punch you into last week), "It's Always Sunny in Metropolis". Hell, who wouldn't read a book where sure Superman would always save the day, but sometimes forced Jimmy to marry a monkey just because he was bored, or a bet was involved.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Poison Mushroom posted:

So, basically just reading Superdickery then?

No, full stories instead of just a cover and an excuse. More like Archer with superpowers.

bobkatt013 posted:

I can already read those in my showcases.

What are these "showcases" you speak of?

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Kammat posted:

Just read it myself. My cats might be getting some squishy hugs tonight.

They'll be fine. A racoon got in somehow, they'll get out and go feral the same way when the food runs out.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Toshimo posted:

The Deadpool suicide issue was loving amazing and I won't hear otherwise.

What issue/series was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Why's peter at crotch level? :v

He's doing that low squat thing he always does. Spider-man's idea of a restful position is a little unconventional, Caps lucky he's not 12ft up a wall and upside-down.