Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scrotos posted:

Well you know who I want so if it gets to me Art feel free to auto pick for me.

No can do. I will skip in front of you and take Sandy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

ArtVandelay posted:

No can do. I will skip in front of you and take Sandy

Welp than I will get whatever I get. I just accepted an awesome new job and will be out all weekend partying :toot:

Steaks for everyone! Because I am a baller!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scrotos posted:

Welp than I will get whatever I get. I just accepted an awesome new job and will be out all weekend partying :toot:

Steaks for everyone! Because I am a baller!

Give me your job, I need a real job.

Even with a goddamn Schedule A letter, I can't get the government to even give me an interview. I'm pretty sure that's illegal!

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

ArtVandelay posted:

Give me your job, I need a real job.

Even with a goddamn Schedule A letter, I can't get the government to even give me an interview. I'm pretty sure that's illegal!

You can't handle my job :smug: You probably could, I think being ADD is a requirement for programmers.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Alright, spoonfed has joined and we are full. I'm sending out sitemails to the next in line right now.

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 13, 2011

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Scrotos posted:

Well you know who I want so if it gets to me Art feel free to auto pick for me.
Put Jim Gentile on his Jewish team.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
I just want to take a second and say my Low A team in Harold Reynolds is 22-0 and I don't even have my A prospects there.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
:siren: http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=14694993&pid=1&pbp=1 :siren:

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

What's Dutch Leonard's beef with Mike Carey?!?

e: I originally wrote Dennis Leonard because I hadn't looked at the full boxscore. But I suppose that could have been feasible as well.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

We seem to have hit an absolute wall in the 2 man band. I guess I shouldn't really expect anything tonight, though. Everybody besides me has lives and is probably going out tonight :v:

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Gotta admit making a pick before monday seems farfetched for me

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

toadee posted:

Gotta admit making a pick before monday seems farfetched for me

You're probably right.

Anyone want to tell manifunk it's his turn to pick?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

Anyone want to tell manifunk it's his turn to pick?

...but it's not?

(if you're still referring to 2-Man Band)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

...but it's not?

(if you're still referring to 2-Man Band)

It is. Clk just went, now it is manifunks turn.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

It is. Clk just went, now it is manifunks turn.

What about dodgebob and Calhoop?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

What about dodgebob and Calhoop?

They are in the hitters draft. Manifunk is in the pitchers draft.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

They are in the hitters draft. Manifunk is in the pitchers draft.

Why are the two drafts separate? I don't understand why we're not just going in order, with everyone picking either a hitter or pitcher, whichever one they didn't take first time around.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

Why are the two drafts separate? I don't understand why we're not just going in order, with everyone picking either a hitter or pitcher, whichever one they didn't take first time around.

This is what tdoak did last season. I think it's better this way.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

nasboat posted:

There's really no reason to do it as a single draft or as two drafts, but this way I get to start considering my pitcher as soon as manifunk picks so I don't mind. The way things are going (Gibson was my standout hope) I'll need the extra time :smith:

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

So dumb and extra confusing, really. Who's to say that the last guy that picked even site-mailed the correct person?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

nasboat posted:

Who's to say that the last guy that picked even site-mailed the correct person?

If the rules are explained properly ahead of time it shouldn't be an issue.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

gently caress.

sorry, Art. Didn't check page 3. :(

also, I see that both drafts go at the same time, so that's not as bad....if dodgebob would get going!

Art, might not be a bad idea to take your post from page 3 and edit it into the OP, since I was going back to it to see who had been drafted and what the draft order was.

nasboat fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 14, 2011

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

So dumb and extra confusing, really. Who's to say that the last guy that picked even site-mailed the correct person?

This is not at all confusing. I posted the draft order on page 3. Nobody in season 2 had a problem understanding this.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I actually like it better as two separate ones now that I am aware that both of them go at the same time, and theoretically, it should speed up the whole process. That was actually my whole concern in the first place...waiting for no reason.

Please ignore my previous annoyances.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Ignored :)

Gyroball and gardenald, you are up next in selecting Pitchers!

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Yeah so I figured Gibson or Perry would make it this far, gimmie fifteen minutes or so :sweatdrop:

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

gently caress Tim Keefe got taken now what am I gonna do

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

There's going to be literally no pitching left by the time it gets back to me :(

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

I'm seeing options. Not ideal options but they are options, and some of them probably won't be picked

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

All my targets blacklisted or off the board...totally lost...Deacon Phillippe? Yeah I don't even know who that is.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

gyroball posted:

All my targets blacklisted or off the board...totally lost...Deacon Phillippe? Yeah I don't even know who that is.

Phillippe's not a bad pick, I was looking at before deciding I'd look for someone with less innings on account of having Ruth's to fall back on. Actually a good pick who's still around is Bob "loving" Caruthers, but I'm leaning for someone more like Toad Ramsey.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Although I've just come across another option, that really only works for me because Ruth has 900 innings. Lady Baldwin has 2 really good years, one 270 innings one 640 innings, and like nothing after that. The question is whether 1800 innings total is enough for only Ruths as fielders in Coors, especially with 640 of them being one pitcher and sort of hard to draw innings from.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

Although I've just come across another option, that really only works for me because Ruth has 900 innings. Lady Baldwin has 2 really good years, one 270 innings one 640 innings, and like nothing after that. The question is whether 1800 innings total is enough for only Ruths as fielders in Coors, especially with 640 of them being one pitcher and sort of hard to draw innings from.

I'd say, for this league, you need at least 2000 innings. But it really depends on if those Ruth/Baldwin years are REALLY good. Because there is going to be lots of passed balls and errors.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

The Baldwin years are great. Ruth's are pretty good, but not great. Overall the team would end up with roughly 1800 quality innings and then another 200-300 poo poo innings. It'd be an interesting experiment, I think, and it's actually a situation unique to Ruth so I'm the only one who can try it. I might go for it on that basis alone.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

Phillippe's not a bad pick, I was looking at before deciding I'd look for someone with less innings on account of having Ruth's to fall back on. Actually a good pick who's still around is Bob "loving" Caruthers, but I'm leaning for someone more like Toad Ramsey.

Bob Caruthers would be an awesome pick if you wanted to draft a short career deadballer like King Kelly and needed extra bats to go with him. As is, Bob's ERC# isn't really competitive with guys that are even left and his pitcher hitting doesn't matter so he's kind of lovely.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

kensei, I believe it's your pick in the hitter draft for Two Man Band. Please don't take who I want. :)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Did that dude seriously just pick lave cross. Oookay.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

How bad are MIF in the OF, anyway?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

ArtVandelay posted:

I was considering Lave Cross too FWIW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Maybe I'm not giving enough weight to defense, but I feel like there are two clearly better offensive choices sitting out there that I have ranked 1/2, I'm just not sure in which order.

Also, I was looking at Rod Carew, but I'm not sure how he'd work.

ArtVandelay posted:

Are you seriously posting here on the forums when I'm making proxy picks for you in the prog draft? :wth:

• Locked thread