Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurich
Jan 5, 2008
Is it worth upgrading from a GF1 + 20mm to an X100? I haven't played with an X100 in person (mainly because I have no impulse control); is it a huge step up in quality?

I'm really not happy with the direction Panasonic are taking the GF series - thought the GF2 was just a temporary blip but the GF3 is awful - everything the GF1 is not :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurich
Jan 5, 2008
I'm a total idiot and wasn't careful enough with my GF1 on vacation - seems like I have sand in my 20mm pancake lens. You can hear it grinding when you adjust the focus. Photos are fine, but how can I get it repaired? Any idea how much it would cost?

Zurich
Jan 5, 2008
Having trouble with my GF1 — it won't turn on!

- tried with a friend's battery; works fine (and his didn't turn on with my battery)
- it's either the battery or charger
- I'm using a Hähnel UniPal as my charger (lost the original one) http://www.hahnel.ie/index.cfm?page=universalchargers&id=54&pId=54
- Charging light keeps going green (saying that the battery is fully charged)

Things that could be wrong:
- charger is misrepresenting battery charge level
- battery's capacity is gone
- battery think it's charged when it isn't

Has anyone had anything similar happen before? Don't really want to spend money on two things when it might only be one weak link…

Zurich
Jan 5, 2008

spog posted:

Try charging your friend's battery with your charger and you can determine what is at fault. (You may also fry a perfectly good battery)

Personally, I would buy a new battery and try that. If it works, you are all good. If it doesn't, you buy a new charger and enjoy having 2 batteries.

Annoyingly he was only in town for one day - I guess I'll buy a battery!