Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

WHF Dwarfs are the best Dwarfs. I'm really hoping that they change all those metals over to plastics or w/e because I'd love to do a horde of plastic Slayers. :allears:

Real hurthling! posted:

typo in first like of O&G flavor text. the word corpses has been reduplicated.

That was almost the first thing I noticed when I picked the book up and started reading it. Was kind of sad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Well look at it from GW's perspective, the new copies will need a new MSRP printed on the cover so this price increase will cover the cost of relabeling the product for the price increase. It's the ultimate win/win for navel gazers and fart sniffers

They don't print the MSRP on the cover

S.J.
May 19, 2008

All I know is that I got a resin Ghazghkull coming my way and I couldn't be happier.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ashcans posted:

It's 'Ard Boyz, so I didn't say anything about it, but if I turned up at a tournament and there was someone else with the same list (much less five others) I would feel pretty bad about myself. I mean I realize that there is an optimized choice on how to play and win the game, but I want to inject a little originality and identity into my army.

what the gently caress is this poo poo, makes better armies, get out, etc

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Chenghiz posted:

Think he was being ironic.

I play to win at 40K but fantasy is my gently caress-around-and-do-whatever game right now and I like it that way. The extreme amounts of randomness certainly make it seem, to me, like a much less viable game for actual competition.

And if you talk to the Fantasy 'nards they will rage and rage and rage about how much more deep and complex Fantasy is than 40k. And then their skaven flamethrower team misfires and randomly burns up half of the clanrat unit they were next to because they rolled a 1.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

the skaven book and 15 page FAQ is pretty much as complex as it gets.

50% chance of arguments, 50% chance of crapping your pants laughing.

I think you missed the point

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

That you don't like fantasy.

I love fantasy and my dwarfs, I just don't pretend that fantasy is a more subtle and intellectually involved game

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

^^^
aware. sorry to derail

certainly. sorry to derail

I know about the sentiment. I typed "itt" because nobody thinks that here.

You never know where grognards might be lurking. Be vigilant, for our enemies abound.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah almost all those prices for non-character models are going to turn out to be for their new box set versions containing more models than the original blister. GW is terrible at PR though so it's their own fault that the internet is mad at them. How hard would it have been to keep everybody informed ahead of time about this and spin it as a positive?

Our rep told us, but... we asked :v:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Tadhg posted:

My rep flat out lied to my face and said the resin was, "A filthy rumor that you shouldn't listen to," and that, "We're not going to raise our prices, that'd be silly." :smith:

That's why I shop and play at the other two (awesome) stores in the area. :v:

Wait... your GW rep? As in sales rep? Or a guy that works at a GW store?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Tadhg posted:

Misspoke: it was the manager of the local GW store (who came fresh from bootcamp in Memphis.)

So a guy who probably knows less than the people who look for rumors on the internet.

Ugh.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Crackbone posted:

I could have sworn that GW US was discontinuing their direct replacement policy, and all returns would have to be done through the purchasing store. Maybe it was just a rumor.

Just FYI their official policy has been for some time that you're supposed to bring any mis-casts or mis-packages back to the store you got it at anyways so they can just give you a replacement on the spot. But people keep trying to get free stuff, who knew V:v:V

S.J.
May 19, 2008

angrylinuxgeek posted:

is this only for GW stores? when I asked at my FLGS they said I had to call GW.

No, all stores. Whoever told you that was either misinformed or lazy.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Manifest posted:

I've got a 2500 point game with my vampires against a buddy's dwarf army tonight.
Is it a total dick move to take lore of metal against him?

It's always a dick move to change your army in response to knowing your opponents army beforehand.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

So.... is anyone interested in about 2500 points of Dwarfs?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Lungboy posted:

The first wave was, but they seem to have sorted it out now.

The first wave was poo poo on the internet, sure. But the people who believe what they read there probably don't see much of it in real life. I've yet to meet someone IRL who had a bad finecast mini. Obviously that's no more proof than the poo poo that gets posted on the internet, but then you don't see people without problems posting about how awesome their poo poo is 24/7.

quote:

Quality control of the initial production run sent out to retailers was abysmal, far worse than anything we've seen from Games Workshop for many years... perhaps ever.

Do you think that their sampling was large or rigorous enough to come to that conclusion? Do you think it warrants a follow up with other sellers and distributors?

e; how much data do you have available of their previous initial production runs throughout the company history? How do those compare to Finecast? How has the introduction of the internet changed peoples perceptions regarding these production run flaws, if any?

S.J. fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 29, 2011

S.J.
May 19, 2008

ApocalypseMeow posted:

Hmmm just to check I've got it right:

If they have ASL and then a spell/ability gives them ASF they should then hit in order of intiative right?

What happens if the have ASL from great weapons then I give them ASF from Vanhel's and ASF again from a corpse carts bound spell, do the ASF's stack giving me true ASF (as Dark Project says) or do I still just go at initiative order because they don't stack?

No, they'll just go at initiative order since neither of the ASF's you gave them override any other restrictions (like the High Elf ASF).

S.J.
May 19, 2008

So the Chaos Lord on manticore is making me want to do Warriors of Chaos, so I'm going to go ahead and assume that manticores are bad, right?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Manifest posted:

Yeah, but it's Storm Of Magic, where those handgunners are going to do gently caress-all when charging a wizard on a fulcrum, since only one model can attack at once.

Wh... what? We're talking about the Chaos Lord on Manticore. Also why would handgunners charge anything ever.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Manifest posted:

I thought we were talking about the manticore in storm of magic, where the whole point seems to be "bring monsters to knock wizards off fulcrums."

No, no one was talking about Storm of Magic. At least that I saw.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

That looks loving spectacular. I always did have a soft spot for VC, but they don't look too interesting to play with ghouls being their only serious core choice.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Does this mean VC will get a new army book?

No.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Holy loving poo poo what the gently caress

I'm buying two ogre batallions loving tomorrow

bhsman posted:

I-is that a looted Empire cannon?! :byodood::fh:

No, even better - the description says it's a looted cannon of the Sky Titans

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Seriously, now seems like a really good time to buy two Ogre batallions

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I seriously can't get over how loving awesome those new ogre kits are jesus

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Nash posted:

When the new ogre stuff is actually released, will they put out a new box with different units I assume? Or will they just jack up the price on the current one?

The Batallion? They already upped the price on the current one, but I wouldn't be surprised if they re-did it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

But yes I will be buying two of those big fuckers and probably two of those baller cannons

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Steam Tank Dreadnought

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Do they have a foot-based Knight unit? They need one.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

No. Empire had Reiksguard for a while but they combined their general idea with greatswords in 6th or 7th edition to make the greatswords heavily armored.

GW really painted themselves into a corner with the whole "only a crazy knight with one particular virtue would ever deign to get off his horse to fire a weapon or help a poor person"

Hopefully those knights never have to defend a fixed position... like a castle or something :v:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

And at some point even the most bad rear end knight will have to get off of his horse.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

they have their anuses sewn to the horse's back and their digestive tracts connected.

so okay maybe not that knight

S.J.
May 19, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

wave 2 was last year, with the seekers/horror/bloodcrushers/whatever

this is more of just a splash release, IIRC it's the battalion, new finecast banners, some metal->finecast releases, and a new tzeenth herald on a chariot

this is correct

S.J.
May 19, 2008

ForKhorne posted:

New Daemons poo poo is on advance orders. New finecast Bloodthirster and Lord of change, as well as a decent battleforce. No finecast/plastic plague bearers though?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440004a&rootCatGameStyle=wh

That herald looks pretty rad

S.J.
May 19, 2008

So the new Ogre Kingdom book.

It sure is a neat thing. From what I hear.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

I've only seen pictures and read the really sketchy rumors from right before the official announcement. Any confirmed stuff mechanics/special rule/cost/stat wise?

I may or may not be able to tell you whatever you want to know.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm a real core focused person. Any confirmed stat/point/rules changes to bulls? Any confirmed new or reclassified core units?

Ironguts and Bulls are down 5 points. Every piece of command for everything costs 10/10/10. Gnoblar Trappers are an upgrade for Gnoblar units rather than separate; they cause the front rank of a unit to take dangerous terrain tests when successfully charging your gnoblars. And the little guys cost 2 1/2 points now.

e: Extra hand weapons and ironfists are the bulls upgrade options, and they're way cheaper. 1/2 points. Ironfists now count only as shields but can be used even if mounted.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Is bull rush better now too?

Yes. It works no matter how far you go, and if you roll a 10+ then it's D3 hits instead of 1.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

Anyone know offhand what the base size for a goblin hero on a gigantic spider is? I'd really love to have one in my spider rider unit just for flavor.

Ya'know I was looking through my OnG book the other day and I couldn't for the life of me actually find the points price for those gigantic spiders. Where the hell is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

Says they're 40 points. They're listed under the mount options for the Goblin Big Boss and Goblin Warboss.

Huh. Maybe I was looking at the Night Goblin entry and didn't realize it.

• Locked thread