Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The latest card sets should be easy enough to find, in the UK at least. Apparently the print runs were tiny, but there was such a demand for the Daemons decks, and they were making such silly money on eBay, that GW have since upped the print runs massively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I was never a fan of Chaos Dwarfs as a kid, but i might get some of the blunderbusses, just to give my WoC a shooting phase that's more than just my Hellcannon.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Miles O'Brian posted:

Time for me to set up a company where I buy from Maelstrom and then sell to Australians. It will probably be higher than UK RRP but still lower than Aussie RRP I'm sure.

Darksphere or Blue Boar are massively cheaper than Maelstrom.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Manifest posted:

It was the first set they did.
I think we've gotten HE, Beastmen, Skaven, O&G, and TK cards so far.
Though they're all on the order sheet for my local gameshop, so they may be going back into print for the Storm of Magic event.
If that's the case I hope we can get magic cards for the rest of the armies out there too.

There's Daemons too, they make the silliest money of them all on eBay.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
If i get a Finecast model, and at the moment that's a big if, then i'll be going the "only in a clam-shell" route too. Sadly it means i can only buy in-person, but so be it.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I have to wonder if GW will continue with their current replacement scheme. In the UK, it's up to the retailer, not the manufacturer, to replace a faulty item, so GW could easily tell people that they have to go through the independants if that is where you buy it from, and i can't see them being too happy about all the returns that they will be getting.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Yeah you still roll in your own phase if you have no wizards, precisely to allow you to dispel enemy RIP spells.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

rkajdi posted:

All the metals are going Finecost.

Please don't do this.

Does Kroq-Gar have any stability issues due to being such a big lump of metal? I have an unopened metal one, and i don't know whether to sell it and get the resin version.

edit: i've just discovered there is no reason to sell it. You are able to swap any sealed metal models for the Finecast equivalent by paying the difference in cost.

VVVV You can take it in to your local GW store, and pay the extra (£5 on Kroq maybe?) to get the resin.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 3, 2011

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Buffalo squeeze posted:

All these big monster models for fantasy are really starting to annoy me. Hey, let's make a huge whatever that kids just have to have. What's the VC giant thing (tm) going to be, a vampire mounted on an enormous (skeleton) bat?

Abyssal Terror apparently.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Chenghiz posted:

Dagron! Pretty bitchin'.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CARMINE_DRAGON.html

They finally released it then. I thought it was going to be a GW release for the expansion rather than Forgeworld.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The cockatrice isn't too great either, but the Black Dragon is pretty sweet. I've ordered the spell cards, and am tempted by the vortices :s

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 25, 2011

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Awesome, they've brought back the Fimir in the Storm of Chaos book :D I hope they include all of their original rape-fest fluff.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
From the GW website:

"To show the Storm of Magic in all its glory, we've rebuilt the website homepage with the Storm of Magic Slideshow1, which has more than 20 pages of information, amazing pictures and cool miniatures to look at. "

Except it doesn't work and they've had to take it down. :golfclap:

VVV Zoats suck, Fimir are where it's at!

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 25, 2011

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Don't you just take a unit champion to accept any challenge that your character can't manage?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Syphilis Fish posted:

fail to cast a spell, or roll a 1 or 2, and your phase is over

Not sure about the rest, but this isn't true. The phase is only over for the caster that failed, not all your casters.

edit:

Syphilis Fish posted:

And why the gently caress is every single terrain piece a random magic terrain?

It doesn't have to be, we never use the magic terrain rules when i play as they are entirely optional.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Syphilis Fish posted:

The problem is the significant boost to artillery such as catapults being able to just place the template at will is really insane,

But they can't place it at will, the central hole must be within line of sight.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Leperflesh posted:

Looks like when firing a stone thrower, you normally place the small template so that it is completely within the machine's line of sight (not just the central hole but the entire small template)

They FAQd it to be only the central hole that needs to be in LoS.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Mister_Eel posted:

Lets face it, finecast is poo poo.

The first wave was, but they seem to have sorted it out now.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
From what i was told, they were in a rush to get the Finecast stuff out so they didn't really tell the QC people what was right and what was wrong for the resin models, so loads of broken crap got through. Now they know what they are doing, it should only be a few bubbles that make it to the shelves. That means you have to be careful with the boxed sets, as if they are early releases they could be hosed, but just open it in-store and you should be fine. At some point i'm going to swap my metal Kroq-Gar for the Finecast one, and will check it in-store for sure.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I picked up my Storm of Magic card deck today if anyone has any questions about the spells.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Real hurthling! posted:

^^^^
Are they at least interesting/different/funny to get hit with? the College spells are all rehashes of one thing or another and getting blown up by them is lame.

There are some more lame vortices, for example Dark magic gets one that casts on 30+ and wounds vs strength. Some are pretty nice though. Nurgle get a direct damage spell that casts on 25+, inflicts 5D6 hits that wound on a 4+ with no armour saves allowed, and if it causes 10 unsaved wounds you summon either a GUO or DP, depending on who cast the spell. Similarly, Skaven get a vortex spell that moves 3D6" a turn, and if it totals 13 then the vortex is removed after being resolved and a Vermin Lord is summoned.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 8, 2011

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Indeed, if a unit with Random Movement contacts an enemy unit duirng its move, it counts as charging but the defending unit doesn't get to make a charge reaction.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Dnzr posted:

Will someone explain to me why they thought it was a good idea to give Dark Elves the special rule that they don't have a cap on the amount of dice they can use for spells? I play O&G and lost half of my army (we played 1500 points and I lost 500 points in one turn) to boosted Pit of Shades on 8 dice (3 of which were irresistible, until his wizard went stupid and lost the spell).

I could be wrong but i'm fairly sure Dark Elves have no such rule. Do you know what it's called?

edit: I'm wrong. I guess the increased chance to miscast is supposed to offset it.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 14, 2011

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Also, to me anyway, fantasy battles should be about insane spells wiping out half the board before the wizard melts his own face off

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I think Harry on Warseer has shot down Bloodbowl, BFG etc. He hinted at it being something watery, but outright said it wasn't Man O'War, which means it is likely to be something entirely new.

edit: Harry is saying it's not MoW scale, and it's not WFB scale, and suggests some kind of Warmaster scale.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 20, 2011

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
In the "2011/2012 releases" thread in the Warhammer News and Rumours forum.

edit: big post half way down p23:

Harry on Warseer posted:

Hastings was not wrong about that .... or very much else TBH
For as long as I have been here he has been the single most accurate rumour poster.

That would have been great but it is not this.

Let me do that now .... SQUASH!

It's not. It is not Man O War scale.

Sadly ... no But ... it does not take much to knock up some house rules for different fantasy races to go with these rules.

What you and a number of people have said about 28mm scale is correct. Not best for a naval battle game.
28mm boats ... cool as they would be ... would only be scenery for warhammer or a skirmish game like Legend of the High Seas. Great game by the way ... but then I love all the warhammer historical stuff.

I confess when this first cropped up my first thoughts were the boats they had considered a few years ago in Warhammer scale that hastings mentions ... I think they even got as far as mock ups ... so I was quite excited about that as I have fancied plastic boats in warhammer scale since I saw the stompa kits and imagined the possibilities. I would snaffle up any boats they did in 28mm scale because I love that sort of thing but that is not this. This is something different.

So we are left with NOT Man O War, NOT Warhammer scale so .... somewhere in between.

When I first heard about this ... was several years ago and what I hinted at in The Watchman back then was that they were looking into Naval combat in WARMASTER scale. I also heard that Rick Priestly was interested and if he had his way we would see naval battles for Warmaster historical before we saw it for fantasy. It was all just pie in the sky back then and as a result .....

... I had forgotten about this.
So when this rumour cropped again I failed to put two and two together initially.

But I have put it together now and I only have one thing to say .....

[SIZE="6"]BRING IT ON! :D [/SIZE]

This is Warhammer ... we are not getting a game without gribbleys. :D

And on p21:

Harry on Warseer posted:

I am not everyones cup of tea .... what Can I tell you. :D
Deadcember was a joke.
Ribber duck ... not so much.

Rubber Duck is as water based as the code name suggests.

But it is not Man O War.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jul 21, 2011

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The new WD has a total rewrite for the power scroll rules to prevent Purple Sun rape it seems. For WoC players, there are 7 new finecast banners being released along with all the other new stuff that pictures have already appeared for.

"It changes the Power Scroll to a one use item that halves the casting value of the spell you wish to use it with. When used you cannot choose to boost a spell."

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 28, 2011

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Manifest posted:

I picked up the new White Dwarf today, and much to my surprise it contained rules for Banshee and Cairn Wraith hero units, that can apparently join non-ethereal units. I didn't see where in their profile it said they could do so, but that's how they were set up for the various battle reports.

The rule is that non-Ethereal characters can't join an Ethereal unit, there's nothing stopping the opposite.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Those Ogre releases are incredible.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The Mammox is on the Arachnarok base apparently. That's big.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
You can have duplicates if someone is a Loremaster or knows specific spells as standard though.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

angrylinuxgeek posted:

it's a pretty sweet model for a 500 point cannon target

775 points cannon target!

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Joeslop posted:

Which lores can Ogres take, if any, besides Gutlore?

From a little further up:

S.J. posted:

They can take Great Maw, Death, Beasts, and Heavens. The firebellies can take Fire.

edit: on the previous page :arghfist:

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
From what i've heard, the best thing about the Ogre release is changing the scrap launcher to plastic.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
It's certainly a risk, but as someone said earlier, i can't risk missing out and it turning out to be awesome. Gits.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Manifest posted:

So GW put a sample of the first turn of play for Dreadfleet up on g-w.com.

Seems like it's going to be fun for farting around with your buddies over beer/reefer/plastic glue fumes.

It does sound like quite a good game. Hopefully they will have a few games going in the local store to give it a good try.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Prefect Six posted:

So ordered dreadfleet and two direct-order minis (Chakax and the Old Blood Standard Bearer) from GW and the direct order stuff is still being processed. That was on the 16th. Are they going to wait until dreadfleet launches to send me my stuff? So much for 'ships within 24 hours'.

You should have had the option to "split and process" the order, so that the preorder stuff is sent when it's available and the current stuff gets sent straight away. It seems to be a way of them stopping people getting free shipping on low value stuff by bundling it in with preordered stuff of a high enough value.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
They have repeatedly said that Chaos Dwarves are not coming back as a proper army, and that the Warhammer Forge list is it.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Bhyo posted:

I use a bit of paper, the army book and a calculator. I'm off the freaking chains.

Luddite! I use notepad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Harry and Hastings on Warseer are saying that Bloodbowl is coming back next year....

• Locked thread