Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hurm.
Apr 24, 2006

Nature is a language
can't you read?
So many great sounds out there in this world. :3:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1stcrd19969tdq0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
It's that time again! At midnight in Oregon, listen in here for high quality or here for low quality to enjoy the next bewildering episode of Doctor Zomb!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Under an hour until the show begins! Instructions in my previous post!

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 13, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:SITTING IN FOR DOCTOR ZOMB IS FORTUNATO THE FORTY-YEAR-OLD TEENAGE WEREWOLF:frogsiren:

Hurm.
Apr 24, 2006

Nature is a language
can't you read?
Well, as previously stated, this is not actually the Doctor, but, Fortunato, the Over Forty Teenage Werewolf! (Of The Monday Sampler fame)
Not really like a usual Dr. Zomb show, this show has more of a jazzy, folky, loungy feel to it, appropriate for any space-age bachelor pads.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sm0su4gg038ddu9

Hurm.
Apr 24, 2006

Nature is a language
can't you read?
Well friends, the day has finally come, I am starting a new job, and thus, I will be unable to record the show from this point on. :shobon:

But if anybody wants to take over recording I can tell you it is really quite easy, I've always just recorded with VLC, opening the kboo url, right clicking it in the playlist, selecting 'save...' and it's pretty much self explanatory from there, select to save as 'audio - mp3', what to name it, where to save it to... Also it's important to select 'display the output' if you want to listen as you save it.

Sorry to say that I can't to it anymore, but it's been fun while it lasted!

DJEldritch
Mar 17, 2008

Sometimes in life, you have to screw the root to stay on top of things and ride the crazy train to stay real.

However, if you're not careful, the root might screw you.

Hurm. posted:

Well friends, the day has finally come, I am starting a new job, and thus, I will be unable to record the show from this point on. :shobon:

But if anybody wants to take over recording I can tell you it is really quite easy, I've always just recorded with VLC, opening the kboo url, right clicking it in the playlist, selecting 'save...' and it's pretty much self explanatory from there, select to save as 'audio - mp3', what to name it, where to save it to... Also it's important to select 'display the output' if you want to listen as you save it.

Sorry to say that I can't to it anymore, but it's been fun while it lasted!

I read this too late! Nooooo.

Thanks for all the hard work over the last few months Hurm. I think I must have downloaded every one of your recordings.

I missed the show last night, but I'll see about carrying the torch every two weeks here after.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

DJEldritch posted:

I read this too late! Nooooo.

Thanks for all the hard work over the last few months Hurm. I think I must have downloaded every one of your recordings.

I missed the show last night, but I'll see about carrying the torch every two weeks here after.

That would be great, I finally got around to listening to it and it wasn't what I was expecting, but totally worth listening to.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Crap, I forgot about it last week. Sorry.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 12, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Dammit, forgot two episodes in a row. I promise not to miss the next one.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's that time again! At midnight in Oregon, listen in here for high quality or here for low quality to enjoy the next bewildering episode of Doctor Zomb!

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 25, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

One hour left until the show begins! Instructions in my previous post!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:INTERCEPTING JAZZ TRANSMISSION:frogsiren:

Edit: Doctor Zomb has switched places with the Autonomy Hour for this week. Dcotr Zomb will be on next week. As for the week after that, who the gently caress knows?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 08:10 on May 25, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:OVER THE AIRWAVES AND THROUGH THE WEIRD, TO DOCTOR ZOMB'S HOUSE WE GO:frogsiren:

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Just popping in to say I appreciate these mediafire links. Thanks :)

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
In a thread devoted to the lost, and arcane audio of the world, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my own work? Unlike a lot of the programs listed in the OP, my show is focused more on the host than the music. The host character is meant to be a throwback to the more personable radio personalities of the past, but with decayed body and mind. I'm looking for any and all criticism that can be reasonably asserted. How is it bad? Do you imagine having some emotional reaction to it, if so than what kind? Could it form into an addiction after a few uses?

This example doesn't contain my best moments, but it is an accurate portrayal of what the show is, and does.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's on in less than two hours, but I don't know if he'll be on this week since he was pushed back a week to last week, and I didn't catch whether he'll be on this week or next. Once again, it's Schrodinger's Zomb.

P.N.T.M. posted:

In a thread devoted to the lost, and arcane audio of the world, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my own work? Unlike a lot of the programs listed in the OP, my show is focused more on the host than the music. The host character is meant to be a throwback to the more personable radio personalities of the past, but with decayed body and mind. I'm looking for any and all criticism that can be reasonably asserted. How is it bad? Do you imagine having some emotional reaction to it, if so than what kind? Could it form into an addiction after a few uses?

This example doesn't contain my best moments, but it is an accurate portrayal of what the show is, and does.

I'm no expert so I can't give a critique, but I'll tell you this much: to me, he sounds and acts like a Muppet. Given the intent of the character, this only means good things.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Crud, ten minutes until the show possibly begins! Instructions at the top of my previous post!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Possible Zomb currently playing. Will update when the quantum waveform collapses.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Schrodinger opened the box; it's the Autonomy Hour, Doctor Zomb's on in two weeks, and the week after that.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

BiggerJ posted:

Schrodinger opened the box; it's the Autonomy Hour, Doctor Zomb's on in two weeks, and the week after that.

Seeing the thread at the top of my watched list got my hopes all up. I guess that's not too far away!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Dammit, Doctor Zomb just finished. I thought would be on until next week. But it actually is on again next week.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:IT'S DOCTOR ZOMB TIME:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's on in an hour!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:IT'S TIME FOR SOFT-SPOKEN HERALD OF THE MADDENING ABYSS DOCTOR ZOMB:frogsiren:

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

BiggerJ posted:

:frogsiren:IT'S TIME FOR SOFT-SPOKEN HERALD OF THE MADDENING ABYSS DOCTOR ZOMB:frogsiren:

The best type of herald! Thanks for the alerts.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 27, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Under an hour left until the show begins! Instructions in my previous post!

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jul 27, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:WHY HELLO DOCTOR:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 10, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Under an hour left until the show begins! Instructions in my previous post!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:IT IS THE BUSINESS OF THE FUTURE TO BE DANGEROUS:frogsiren:

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

You are awesome for maintaining the thread. Thanks man.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Seconded. This is fantastic. What's the chances that in the future there will be scrambling to track down old obscure mp3s of this show? High.

richxxiii
Jul 3, 2012
KBOO has started posting audio archives of shows.

If you go to Zomb's page on KBOO's site, you should be able to see archived shows for two weeks (after which, they're gone forever):
http://kboo.fm/DrZombsStereoObscura

Due to the DMCA's asinine constraints, the chunk of audio is five hours long and I think it's impossible to download it (but I'm sure some of you may figure it out).

Also, they don't show up on the web until 5 hours after the show starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Dammit, I forgot about today's episode. Hopefully, it'll be added to the temporary KBOO archive (the archive shows it as being weekly, but it's only every other week). This is kinda convenient.