Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.

Macaroni Surprise posted:

Is there something I can print out to show this to a sales rep? I'm pretty much sold on the droid turbo, and my current droid bionic has a trade in value of... 6 bucks.

Oh believe me, if it is something that will increase a rep's chance of getting you an upgrade, they will be allll about it (and probably know it already).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006

jackpot posted:

Yeah, I'm not even mad at this point, I'm more in awe. I'm actually holding out hope that this is some kind of weird billing thing that'll unfuck itself when my second bill comes around. I have no reason to be optimistic, it's just..wow. If these things are really chewing through that much more data then I sincerely feel bad for you guys on the front lines.

Regarding the find my iPhone stuff, I logged into icloud, saw that find my phone was on, and turned it'd off. NOW I'll log myself out of icloud and since it's already at factory settings anyway I'll just send the dumb thing back, no need to reset it all again. Hope that does it. I really wish I didn't care about that $200; the 4s is the best looking phone they've ever made, I'd love to hang onto it as an iPod.

I missed some info here. Is this a new account? If so, your data is prorated. So if you have a 2gb plan and your new plan chose a cycle date that puts you 1/2 way through your plan, you'd only get 1gb for that first...half month until your next bill cycle.

If they are new phones, it will generally slow down. People go crazy on their new phones.

If it is none of the above, I would verify/alter all app settings.

Edit: gently caress double post.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

FordPRefectLL posted:

Looks like Verizon is guaranteeing at least $100 for a trade in when you trade in your old phone for a Droid Turbo on a 2 yr or Edge. Gonna activate my stupid Galaxy Nexus before I go buy mine tomorrow.

Well, poo poo. I had planned to just buy one outright, but this might be work looking into. Looking on the website, it says customers of 7+ months must have good payment history for the last 6 months. I've been a month behind for, like, two years, but I've never missed a payment or had my service suspended. Would that be an issue? (Typing this makes me guess I should go ahead and pay up to current, since I'm finally in a financial place that I can; I just haven't been in a situation to do so until a few months ago)

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Welp, ordered the droid turbo and will be picking it up in store (TODAY), sweet.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Bought my One M8 in July. Wish I could trade it in for the Turbo. Oh well, I'm on Edge so something else that's cool will be out next year.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
My current phone has a micro sim card and the Moto X I just ordered from Moto Maker supposedly has a nano-sim pre-installed. Can I activate the nano-sim over the air or will I need to bring it into a Verizon store to get it activated?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Require More Fire posted:

My current phone has a micro sim card and the Moto X I just ordered from Moto Maker supposedly has a nano-sim pre-installed. Can I activate the nano-sim over the air or will I need to bring it into a Verizon store to get it activated?

You just turn it on. It will activate on it's own

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Trip report: I just went to a Verizon store and traded in a Galaxy Nexus for $200 worth of credit. Pretty sure I just robbed the place. Also I have a Turbo now.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

FordPRefectLL posted:

Trip report: I just went to a Verizon store and traded in a Galaxy Nexus for $200 worth of credit. Pretty sure I just robbed the place. Also I have a Turbo now.

How'd you get that deal? I only see the guaranteed trade in value of $100 offer

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

THF13 posted:

How'd you get that deal? I only see the guaranteed trade in value of $100 offer

When I got in store they just offered me the extra accessory credit.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

XIII posted:

Well, poo poo. I had planned to just buy one outright, but this might be work looking into. Looking on the website, it says customers of 7+ months must have good payment history for the last 6 months. I've been a month behind for, like, two years, but I've never missed a payment or had my service suspended. Would that be an issue? (Typing this makes me guess I should go ahead and pay up to current, since I'm finally in a financial place that I can; I just haven't been in a situation to do so until a few months ago)

What usually disqualifies people from Edge is having their line put on hotline, where outgoing calls get forwarded to financial services. So if that's not happened in the last 6 months, you could do it, though your bill would need to be current at the time of the order.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
If you have been a month behind for two years then you have missed 24 payments

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

FordPRefectLL posted:

When trading in a phone do they want just the bare device? Or do they require the box/charger/manual/whatever along with it.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

needknees posted:

When trading in a phone do they want just the bare device? Or do they require the box/charger/manual/whatever along with it.

They took just the device

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Does it have to be active or just any Verizon smart phone?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I activated mine just to be safe but I honestly don't know.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hopefully that Droid Turbo thing lasts through the month. I got 2 old Droid Xs that need a home.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006

FordPRefectLL posted:

Congrats, you ripped off verizon big time. LEGIT.

Edit: PS. Pretty much everyone qualifies for early edge with the Turbo. So the Turbo is probably the best Android right now. I saw someone a few months into a 2 year contract who qualified for Early Edge for the Turbo.

Think about that.

Favorabilis Solitud fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 31, 2014

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Favorabilis Solitud posted:

Congrats, you ripped off verizon big time. LEGIT.

Edit: PS. Pretty much everyone qualifies for early edge with the Turbo. So the Turbo is probably the best Android right now. I saw someone a few months into a 2 year contract who qualified for Early Edge for the Turbo.

Think about that.

I saw that today too. Person who got a phone back in April can early edge to the turbo. No info on this promo whatsoever, like if they have to turn in their phone. I assume so. Account manager isn't much help.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I don't carry the Turbo in my store or I'd provide some insight.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Also the manager of the "smart store" I was in asked me for my resume when I was buying my Turbo. Gonna try and get in, they seem so much happier than I am.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
gently caress retail...but gently caress call centers. I think Indirects are happier but when I go into a indirect store it is old stuff and a lot of empty space. So I don't know if that makes the job harder.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

I missed some info here. Is this a new account? If so, your data is prorated. So if you have a 2gb plan and your new plan chose a cycle date that puts you 1/2 way through your plan, you'd only get 1gb for that first...half month until your next bill cycle.
It's the same account I've had since I signed with Verizon three years ago, but I've been month-to-month for the past year or so since my two-year contract ended. So I'm at the beginning of a new two-year contract. For what that's worth.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

FordPRefectLL posted:

Did you apply the $200 credit to the purchase of the Turbo? I thought the website said they gave you a gift card after you made the purchase.

Here's the bit I saw from the website:

quote:

Follow the next three easy steps to take part in this amazing offer.

1. Purchase a new Motorola DROID TURBO with new 2yr activation or on Edge.

2. Within 5 days of activating your new DROID TURBO you will receive a promotion code via email and text message to use when you trade in your smartphone. (Smartphone must be in good working condition.)

3. Follow the steps from your email to complete your trade-in with your promotion code. Once we receive your device and confirm it is in good working condition we will send you a Verizon Wireless gift card via mail.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

When I did it in store they did everything immediately

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
Wait here's a stupid question, is EVERY store going to throw $200 at me for my lovely GNexus? Or is this a one-off thing?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

gently caress retail...but gently caress call centers. I think Indirects are happier but when I go into a indirect store it is old stuff and a lot of empty space. So I don't know if that makes the job harder.

I'm indirect in a relatively small city. One thing that's annoying is that a lot of promos verizon advertises, we dont do. Like when the iPhone 6 came out, people wanted to trade in their phones for it, and I hate exclaiming they actually you pay for it all that day, and eventually get the money back. Any kind of half off deal or sale Verizon does, we do mail in rebates, which people hate.

But I think it'd be harder at a corporate. My quota isn't soul destroying, so I never feel the need to screw the customer for a sale.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

How can you tell if you are eligible for early edge up for the Turbo?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

How can you tell if you are eligible for early edge up for the Turbo?

Call a store and have them look at your account, or customer service. You maybe could go to your online my Verizon and see, but I doubt it.

bryn987
May 31, 2014
When renewing a contract to get a new phone, does Verizon let you do a payment plan or do they want the full subdidized price up front?

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Nah it's some bullshit with a 3rd party not paying out. I'm curious what my mom will get offered since I followed all the steps correctly when I traded in the phone for her.
I had to have them re-send me the trade-in shipping envelope, and just now when I went to the trade-in site and re-ran my phone's stats (16gb 4s, great condition), now it's saying $100. A month ago when I ordered my new phone it was $200. Guess I'll just wait and see.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

bryn987 posted:

When renewing a contract to get a new phone, does Verizon let you do a payment plan or do they want the full subdidized price up front?

You can bill the cost to your account, assuming good payment history, but it'll still be the full 2-year price. So you might not have to pay it up front, but it'll be due as one lump sum regardless.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

How much data do you have bryn987? If you're over 10GB, it's probably cost effective to do Edge instead. Even with the $15 discount per month on Edge you'd essentially be paying the $200 over 24 months if you did it that way too, if you're getting a phone that costs about that much.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
So wait. Early Edge Up? I had to go on Edge earlier this year because my piece of poo poo Note 2 stopped recognizing SIM cards (on completely unmodified software), and while I like my One M8, the lackluster camera and seemingly awful battery life are just not doing it for me. Would I be potentially eligible for the Turbo? Am I reading that correctly?

Both of the issues I'm having with my phone started well after the return period, else I would have gotten something else.

bryn987
May 31, 2014

FordPRefectLL posted:

How much data do you have bryn987? If you're over 10GB, it's probably cost effective to do Edge instead. Even with the $15 discount per month on Edge you'd essentially be paying the $200 over 24 months if you did it that way too, if you're getting a phone that costs about that much.

2 lines with 2gb each

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Does the phone I trade in to Early Edge Up have to be the smartphone I bought when I started my two-year contract, or can it be just any smartphone? I can activate it as my primary phone and then trade it in if that works.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

So, I bought the droid turbo yesterday for full price with 14 months into contract and today verizon sent me a text saying I get 6GB/month for the same price I was paying for 3GB/month. Obviously replied yes and it went effective immediately. Is this a coincidence or something more?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

BJPaskoff posted:

Does the phone I trade in to Early Edge Up have to be the smartphone I bought when I started my two-year contract, or can it be just any smartphone? I can activate it as my primary phone and then trade it in if that works.

I was told that it has to be the phone your contract was on in order to get the early upgrade. So I burned my wife's upgrade and traded in a blackberry pearl for $100 off the $249 price. I didn't get the free $100 in accessories like FordPRefectLL did, but I am still happy as hell.

I will be selling my mint condition MAXX (warranty replacement from one month ago) soon on SA Mart, PM if you are interested.

e: I forgot, the guy who sold me mine said there were new data plan prices starting tomorrow. Anyone have details on that?

e^2: found it: http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2014/10/more-data-and-port-in-credits-for-verizon-customers.html?null 10GB for $80

kensei fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 1, 2014

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

z06ck posted:

So, I bought the droid turbo yesterday for full price with 14 months into contract and today verizon sent me a text saying I get 6GB/month for the same price I was paying for 3GB/month. Obviously replied yes and it went effective immediately. Is this a coincidence or something more?

I haven't heard of that plan. Two start tomorrow, 10 gigs for $80, 15 gigs for $100. I'm not aware of anything on the smaller plans, I'd call in to customer service or go to a store.

BJPaskoff posted:

Used to be, you could switch your smartphone on your plan that you wanted to keep with a spare one you had lying around. Now, it has to be the phone that was on the line when the promotion pops up.

Protocol7 posted:

So wait. Early Edge Up? I had to go on Edge earlier this year because my piece of poo poo Note 2 stopped recognizing SIM cards (on completely unmodified software), and while I like my One M8, the lackluster camera and seemingly awful battery life are just not doing it for me. Would I be potentially eligible for the Turbo? Am I reading that correctly?

Both of the issues I'm having with my phone started well after the return period, else I would have gotten something else.

You can early edge to a turbo, yes, if your eligible, which is pretty much a "call in or go to a store to find out" thing. Know this, it works by canceling your contract, so to avoid a fee you trade in your smartphone. Know this, it has to be in working condition. You trade in a hosed up phone, expect a fee, but please don't ask me what the fee is.

And yes, starting tomorrow, new port-ins from other carriers get a $150 bill credit in a few bill cycles. You can get 10 gigs for $80, or 15 gigs for $100. Existing customers call in or go to a store. A few other things I can't remember.

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Deep Winter posted:

I'd call in to customer service or go to a store.

Haha yeah, right.

• Locked thread