Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer

Trampus posted:

I'm on a legacy Nationwide Talk 700 plan with a few lines, one of them has unlimited data. I'm thinking about finally jumping ship and switching to "The Verizon Plan". Does anyone know if there are any special unadvertised promos for switching right now? I've been a customer forever but the last time I talked to a rep they weren't offering any kind of loyalty discount/offer or anything.
There aren't any company-wide promos but your account may be eligible for specific discounts or data promos. Call CS and ask them to check Compass and My Offers to see what you are eligible for. They may not be able to tell you until you actually switch to the Verizon plan as some promos are specific to plan type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

Zero VGS posted:

Oh, so I can just ask them to bring in a cat 6 and let me figure the rest out myself and they won't charge the extra $10/mo? Thanks then, I'll give that a shot.

I did this earlier this month.

To activate service you need to use one of the two "official" Verizon routers. Once your service is activated you can break the DHCP lease and plug in whatever normal router you want. You can use a friend's router temporarily just to activate if you know anyone with FIOS or you can sign up to rent the router from Verizon and return it as soon as possible.

When you sign up for speeds of 150mb/s or higher it automatically includes an ethernet install, the default for lower tiers is just to use coax. You might be able to convince the Verizon tech to install ethernet for you anyways, especially if you run the cable yourself but if your house is already wired up with Coax he probably isn't going to want to do extra work. I signed up for the 150mb/s plan and was planning to drop the speed later on, but I haven't done it yet, according to random internet searches it shouldn't be a problem.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

GUYS STOP posted:

There aren't any company-wide promos but your account may be eligible for specific discounts or data promos. Call CS and ask them to check Compass and My Offers to see what you are eligible for. They may not be able to tell you until you actually switch to the Verizon plan as some promos are specific to plan type.

I guess I'll have to switch to the Verizon plan first like you suggested. When I asked about Compass and My Offers, the CS got a little defensive and wanted to know where I heard about that and didn't seem to buy my story about "a buddy told me about it". =)

I just hate giving up unlimited data. I work on a college campus and there are so many routers around that wifi can be a bit finicky when the phone is switching between them as I walk around. I love being to just keep wifi turned off an not have to worry about how much data I'm using. My six month average is 8GB but I've hit 15-20GB before so I'm trying to be lazy and not have to change my usage habits if I don't have to.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Same.. My other problem is I have an iPhone 6 so upgrading feels useless at this point. If I cut my data in half though I could save $40 a month even before any incentive discount if those exist

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Trampus posted:

I guess I'll have to switch to the Verizon plan first like you suggested. When I asked about Compass and My Offers, the CS got a little defensive and wanted to know where I heard about that and didn't seem to buy my story about "a buddy told me about it". =)

I just hate giving up unlimited data. I work on a college campus and there are so many routers around that wifi can be a bit finicky when the phone is switching between them as I walk around. I love being to just keep wifi turned off an not have to worry about how much data I'm using. My six month average is 8GB but I've hit 15-20GB before so I'm trying to be lazy and not have to change my usage habits if I don't have to.

Don't switch first. Go into a store, sometimes there are promos going from unlimited data to the other plans. They would go away if you switched first.

If you are upgrading a phone at all the December promo is you get 2GB extra data per device upgraded, but that's only if you are purchasing something.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Verizon is looking at allowing you to use certain services without it going against your data cap. I am set up with a beta testing program and I got this email two days ago.

quote:

Hi Bizarro Kanyon,

We'd like to invite you to help test out a new service designed to help you get more out of your mobile data plan.

Verizon is working with various partners, and if you view the content from those partners while on a mobile connection, you will not be charged for that data.

The beta test does not start until the new year so I am guessing that a roll out would be in late spring/early summer.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
It was a long while ago that I asked about the whole unlimited data thing and if we'd ever get the boot. The 20 bucks hit was a surprised, and I've been reconsidering jumping out onto something else pretty heavily. It'd save quite a chunk of cash, and it'd solve the "my phone could die any day now it's so old but oh god what do I get" issue.

But I heard online that the 20 dollar to unlimited meant we could upgrade our phones through Verizon shenanigans again. I didn't really understand what was up, but I had my eye on a samsung S6 for a good few months and figured it'd be worth getting some intel at the store. The dude says I don't get any sort of half off deal or what have you now that everything is going towards the monthly deal, but you can basically pay for a phone at retail price over a 2 year course tacked onto the monthly bill. Since it's easier for me to pay in small hits over that amount of time, I figure that was at least something, and I get to keep my dumb unlimited. I can also jump out of the unlimited at any time to the (now much) lower priced tier system at any time.

Low and behold after applying the internet wizard juice to my account, turns out I get half off the retail price of the phone. The guy half-heartedly explained it as some sorta "because you didn't upgrade in forever you're getting some random discount I guess" way. Seemed a weird dismissive way of describing why I'm saving well over 300 bucks, but hey, I get a 10 buck higher bill in exchange for a new phone that ought to keep me as well as the last did. Woopie.

But god drat did that lower price look loving good, and if things pan out in the next few months I won't really need that unlimited so much.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lothire posted:

It was a long while ago that I asked about the whole unlimited data thing and if we'd ever get the boot. The 20 bucks hit was a surprised, and I've been reconsidering jumping out onto something else pretty heavily. It'd save quite a chunk of cash, and it'd solve the "my phone could die any day now it's so old but oh god what do I get" issue.

But I heard online that the 20 dollar to unlimited meant we could upgrade our phones through Verizon shenanigans again. I didn't really understand what was up, but I had my eye on a samsung S6 for a good few months and figured it'd be worth getting some intel at the store. The dude says I don't get any sort of half off deal or what have you now that everything is going towards the monthly deal, but you can basically pay for a phone at retail price over a 2 year course tacked onto the monthly bill. Since it's easier for me to pay in small hits over that amount of time, I figure that was at least something, and I get to keep my dumb unlimited. I can also jump out of the unlimited at any time to the (now much) lower priced tier system at any time.

Low and behold after applying the internet wizard juice to my account, turns out I get half off the retail price of the phone. The guy half-heartedly explained it as some sorta "because you didn't upgrade in forever you're getting some random discount I guess" way. Seemed a weird dismissive way of describing why I'm saving well over 300 bucks, but hey, I get a 10 buck higher bill in exchange for a new phone that ought to keep me as well as the last did. Woopie.

But god drat did that lower price look loving good, and if things pan out in the next few months I won't really need that unlimited so much.

What phone did you get? The turbo 2 is 50% off (or something close to that) with device payment at the moment. So that could be it.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I have a question about changing my Verizon plan.

I currently have a $60/month loyalty smartphone plan. It costs about $70 a month (after taxes and fees) and gives me unlimited minutes/SMS on my iPhone and 2GB of data. The contract ends 3/30/2016. I cannot tether or use my phone as a hotspot with that plan.

I saw that new plans are available, including a "M" plan that would give me 3GB of data for $45 + $20 a month (plus another $10 in taxes/fees) so I could move from 2GB with no tethering to 3GB and allowed tethering for an extra $5 a month ($70 to $75).

Should I wait for my contact to end, or is there any reasonable way I can hop over to that newer plan soon?

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Is there any way I could stack promos and get the Droid Turbo for free? The 1st one, not the 2nd one. (i also already have a line with them)

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Three-Phase posted:

Should I wait for my contact to end, or is there any reasonable way I can hop over to that newer plan soon?

There no need to wait for the contract to end, the lines that are still under contract will just be $20 more per month ($40 total) under the Verizon Plan.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

At some point in time I'm going to have to go into a Verizon store and have them unfuck my account I suppose.

I had an open upgrade when I switched to the T-Shirt plan last month and it seems to be causing the website no end of issues. Even though I'm on the newest plan with no contracts, it still says I have an upgrade available with 2 year contract pricing. When I click on it, it takes me to a page with the phones listed for monthly prices. If I change the radio button to full retail, all of the sudden 2 year contract radio selector shows up and shows me discounted pricing. No matter what I have selected, it only gives me full retail price when I drill down to a specific phone.

If I go under my plan and try to add a line, it basically takes me though the whole plan selection process as if I'm creating a new account. Right up until the point where you would finally submit to make the changes, the new monthly charges are only showing one $20 line access fee rather than $40 as you would see with two devices.

I don't really want a new device right now, I have two unlocked phones I use with my service (Moto X Pure 2015 and Nexus 5x), but I was trying to see if I could convert one of my old phones (like a Moto X 2013) into more credit than it's worth that I could flip and make a little money.

Also, as of Jan 1, I may be eligible for plan reimbursement from my company which could include monthly device cost, so it seems like I would be dumb to walk away from that when it wouldn't be costing me anything. Maybe the thing will fix itself when I get further out from the time I made the switch.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

fordan posted:

There no need to wait for the contract to end, the lines that are still under contract will just be $20 more per month ($40 total) under the Verizon Plan.

Will that be $20 until my contract has ended at the end of March? Then go to the lower price?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Verizon is looking at allowing you to use certain services without it going against your data cap. I am set up with a beta testing program and I got this email two days ago.

The beta test does not start until the new year so I am guessing that a roll out would be in late spring/early summer.

I wonder if they'll let Homefusion customers have the magic service where some bytes don't count.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Three-Phase posted:

Will that be $20 until my contract has ended at the end of March? Then go to the lower price?

Yes, just keep in mind if you sign a new contract it will add the $20 back on.

The advantage to your $60 plan is its $60 even with two year contract. In reality, the 3GB plan is $85 with two year contract, with a $20 discount if you are off contract.

If you need tethering the plan isn't a bad option, just keep in mind you will basically pay more for phones on that plan.

bull3964 posted:

At some point in time I'm going to have to go into a Verizon store and have them unfuck my account I suppose.

I had an open upgrade when I switched to the T-Shirt plan last month and it seems to be causing the website no end of issues. Even though I'm on the newest plan with no contracts, it still says I have an upgrade available with 2 year contract pricing. When I click on it, it takes me to a page with the phones listed for monthly prices. If I change the radio button to full retail, all of the sudden 2 year contract radio selector shows up and shows me discounted pricing. No matter what I have selected, it only gives me full retail price when I drill down to a specific phone.

If I go under my plan and try to add a line, it basically takes me though the whole plan selection process as if I'm creating a new account. Right up until the point where you would finally submit to make the changes, the new monthly charges are only showing one $20 line access fee rather than $40 as you would see with two devices.

I don't really want a new device right now, I have two unlocked phones I use with my service (Moto X Pure 2015 and Nexus 5x), but I was trying to see if I could convert one of my old phones (like a Moto X 2013) into more credit than it's worth that I could flip and make a little money.

Also, as of Jan 1, I may be eligible for plan reimbursement from my company which could include monthly device cost, so it seems like I would be dumb to walk away from that when it wouldn't be costing me anything. Maybe the thing will fix itself when I get further out from the time I made the switch.

I take it you are trying to get both a higher trade in for your old Moto, and then sell whatever phone you upgrade to?

The main thing is there are two promos that raise trade in value: upgrade to a Droid Turbo 2 and get $200 for phone, or activate new line and get $300. For either option it has to be device payment that you get the phone, so it won't be the $40 a month pricing, it'll be $20 monthly plus phone installment. Whether you can make up that phone installment by selling phone and paying it off is your call.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 14, 2015

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

What I'm saying is device payment plan isn't an option for my account online. I'm unable to select any phone for anything other than full retail value.

Also, if I try to add a new line, it completely and totally ignores that I have an existing line.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

What I'm saying is device payment plan isn't an option for my account online. I'm unable to select any phone for anything other than full retail value.

Also, if I try to add a new line, it completely and totally ignores that I have an existing line.

Do you happen to have combined billing for wireless and Fios? That would prevent it right there.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Duckman2008 posted:

Do you happen to have combined billing for wireless and Fios? That would prevent it right there.

Yes, I do. There doesn't seem to be any way to undo it either.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

Yes, I do. There doesn't seem to be any way to undo it either.

Correct. Sadly, you have to uncombine your Verizon bills to be able to purchase on device payment. No way around it. And I have no idea why it's that way, but you have to uncombine. And yes it's retarded.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Then I'll likely never do it since my wireless is 'phone' part of my fios triple play and I'm getting a hefty discount because of it.

If I pull on that thread, the whole thing unravels and I'll probably start exploring other services.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

Then I'll likely never do it since my wireless is 'phone' part of my fios triple play and I'm getting a hefty discount because of it.

If I pull on that thread, the whole thing unravels and I'll probably start exploring other services.

This is getting out of my area of expertise, but I would check your bill. They killed most discounts for having combined billing.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Duckman2008 posted:

This is getting out of my area of expertise, but I would check your bill. They killed most discounts for having combined billing.

Nope, I've been on the same expired FIOS plan for like the last 6 years and the only thing that changed in price was the equipment rental.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

So, is there any other way to interpret the unlimited price hike, or is it really just a thinly veiled middle finger to people who are hanging on? They stated in their very own press release that unlimited amounted to less than one percent of subscribers, so what could it possibly be except pressure to change plans?

Jokes on them, I guess. I can't get better internet where I live no matter what I pay. I am considering dropping the mobile hotspot feature and changing back to bare minimum minutes/texts, but any attempts online say the plan is incompatible now. (I moved the SIM from a throwaway 4G phone to a 4G router.)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Verizon is dragging their feet on the third trade in I sent. I have received prompt credit for the first two, but they have had this one for a month now with no update. I called again last week, third time overall, and talked to someone that filled out a form to track it down. Is this normal?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NofrikinfuN posted:

So, is there any other way to interpret the unlimited price hike, or is it really just a thinly veiled middle finger to people who are hanging on? They stated in their very own press release that unlimited amounted to less than one percent of subscribers, so what could it possibly be except pressure to change plans?

Jokes on them, I guess. I can't get better internet where I live no matter what I pay. I am considering dropping the mobile hotspot feature and changing back to bare minimum minutes/texts, but any attempts online say the plan is incompatible now. (I moved the SIM from a throwaway 4G phone to a 4G router.)

It's just a price hike because they want to either push you off the plan or make a better margin.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
So, I'm thinking about moving from Verizon to T-Mobile. Right now, my wife and I are on a Nationwide Talk & Text 700 plan. I have grandfathered unlimited data, but since she upgraded her phone a while back she's on a 2 GB plan. My wife's contract ended a while back, so she's month-to-month. Since I transferred my upgrade to her a while ago and let her use it, I'm under contract until July of 2016. She keeps bumping against the 2 GB limit, and I'd like to increase it for her, but we really can't afford to add any more data in addition to the $20/month increase I'm going to incur in July. We went to the Verizon store last night and talked to a guy, and it seems like the XL plan would be a good fit for us - except for the $180/month pricetag. My wife mainly wants to stream Google Music to her phone (and that's where a lot of my data usage goes too), which is why we're looking at T-Mobile.

Anyway, I've been looking into selling my unlimited account on eBay through an AOL. I know that they tried to put a stop to this a little while back, but it looks like they're still going for anywhere from $400 to $800, so I guess the corporate account-only limitation isn't affecting the market too much. If I decide to go this route, would the person who assumes my account assume the remainder of my contract as well, or does my account's contact make it more difficult/impossible to do? What does the process look like for doing something like this? Here's what I've got in my head - am I super far off?

1) Sign up for an account at T-Mobile. Port both of our numbers (this is the part I'm most confused about.
2) Remove my wife from my account at Verizon
3) Sell Verizon account on eBay
4) Enjoy an extra $500 right before Christmas

For step 1, what happens to the phone number on my account at Verizon? Is there an extra step in there that I need to take? Is this a good idea at all, or should I just not worry about it and wait things out until July when we're both off contract?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Duckman2008 posted:

Yes, just keep in mind if you sign a new contract it will add the $20 back on.

The advantage to your $60 plan is its $60 even with two year contract. In reality, the 3GB plan is $85 with two year contract, with a $20 discount if you are off contract.

Gotcha. I bought my new phone straight-up so I wouldn't need to subsidize it with a contract.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Human Cow posted:

So, I'm thinking about moving from Verizon to T-Mobile. Right now, my wife and I are on a Nationwide Talk & Text 700 plan. I have grandfathered unlimited data, but since she upgraded her phone a while back she's on a 2 GB plan. My wife's contract ended a while back, so she's month-to-month. Since I transferred my upgrade to her a while ago and let her use it, I'm under contract until July of 2016. She keeps bumping against the 2 GB limit, and I'd like to increase it for her, but we really can't afford to add any more data in addition to the $20/month increase I'm going to incur in July. We went to the Verizon store last night and talked to a guy, and it seems like the XL plan would be a good fit for us - except for the $180/month pricetag. My wife mainly wants to stream Google Music to her phone (and that's where a lot of my data usage goes too), which is why we're looking at T-Mobile.

Anyway, I've been looking into selling my unlimited account on eBay through an AOL. I know that they tried to put a stop to this a little while back, but it looks like they're still going for anywhere from $400 to $800, so I guess the corporate account-only limitation isn't affecting the market too much. If I decide to go this route, would the person who assumes my account assume the remainder of my contract as well, or does my account's contact make it more difficult/impossible to do? What does the process look like for doing something like this? Here's what I've got in my head - am I super far off?

1) Sign up for an account at T-Mobile. Port both of our numbers (this is the part I'm most confused about.
2) Remove my wife from my account at Verizon
3) Sell Verizon account on eBay
4) Enjoy an extra $500 right before Christmas

For step 1, what happens to the phone number on my account at Verizon? Is there an extra step in there that I need to take? Is this a good idea at all, or should I just not worry about it and wait things out until July when we're both off contract?

the issue is that your phone number is tied to your plan. So if you port to T-Mobile first, you auto cancel Verizon and can't AOL the account. If you do an AOL, you have to transfer that number to that person.

So you could change your number and then AOL e random new number to someone, but the theme is if you transfer the unlimited data you probably can't keep your number. You can always call customer care to confirm, but I would bet it's a very up hill battle.

An AOL transfers the remaining contract to that person, who would probably be ok with it since it would make unlimited slightly cheaper for a few months.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!
My cousin is going to spain for a semester so the plan is to put his line on vacation hold (not out of contract yet) for the few months and tell him to pop in a prepaid local sim card from over there if it works or just get the cheapest dumbphone for call and text and use his verizon phone on wifi only.

The phone is an iphone 5s. My questions are, is this plan possible? If a phone is put on a vacation hold, will the inactive verizon sim allow you to use the phone on wifi. Anybody know if the vzw 5s will work on the networks they use in spain? Thanks.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

king of the bongo posted:

The phone is an iphone 5s. My questions are, is this plan possible? If a phone is put on a vacation hold, will the inactive verizon sim allow you to use the phone on wifi. Anybody know if the vzw 5s will work on the networks they use in spain? Thanks.

You don't even need a SIM installed to use wifi on an iPhone. And I assume the 5s will work in Spain, my Verizon iPhone 5 and 6 did. May not be able to get LTE though, especially with prepaid carriers that I assume you'd use with only a semester to cover.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I have a Verizon Galaxy s5 and my girlfriend is on Sprint. I'm seeing mixed answers and opinions on whether I could use that phone on Sprint. Can anyone definitively which it is?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Comfortador posted:

I have a Verizon Galaxy s5 and my girlfriend is on Sprint. I'm seeing mixed answers and opinions on whether I could use that phone on Sprint. Can anyone definitively which it is?

No idea here. Check the Sprint thread or call sprint.

The phone is unlocked, so on Verizon's part it's fine, just a question of whether it has the right bands for LTE.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Comfortador posted:

The answer is no. Sprint operates with a whitelist. The only phones that can bypass the whitelist are those new direct-sold ones like the Nexus series or the Moto Pure.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
So I have an odd customer service anecdote here.

Previously, had 4 cell phones, home line (voip box) and a tablet (stupid promo thing I got that was free. kinda. I said it was stupid.) We moved last May into a very not verizon covered area. Edge of the world as far as coverage goes. Ended up having to get a network booster, which I got the privilege of paying 200$ for. Still pissed on that, as two of my neighbors both got theirs for free.

After fighting with service that has gone from bad to worse, even with the booster, we bailed out. I went the polite way, called them up, opened trouble tickets to have them verify our area, etc. Ended up speaking with 3 reps who confirmed tickets were opened on the matter. Resolution was, yes, I have bad service (duh) and I could be let our of my etf early. Neat!

Just looked at the bill online and it was over 400$. What the - called up, there were 2 ETF charges, on the line I got permission to ditch on, and on a line that was... out of contract. Well, they fixed those. Made a big point about how generous they were being. That's fine, I got my bill fixed so I don't care how they wish to see it. I went to shut down the tablet and the lady said well we have to verify you're in a marginal coverage area. What... I just did that! Spent hours on the phone over the past two weeks.

This is where it gets interesting - she absolutely insists there are no tickets on our account that say anything of the sort. Even though she just approved removal of my etf (that I already had permission to do). So either three previous techs failed to file a single ticket on my behalf, or this lady is straight up lying to me. Maybe tickets vanish after a number is ported out? I mean, they shouldn't, that's dumb. But wow. She told me there was a comment on our account about it being screwed up previously. Which was news to me. I think shes makin stuff up.

So I have to start over at square one to prove our tablet is in a bad coverage area. Separate from the four cell phones we just ported out for that reason. Yeesh.

Fun stuff. Thought I would share, see if any former reps on here would think this interesting.

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer

pass the butter posted:

So I have an odd customer service anecdote here.

Previously, had 4 cell phones, home line (voip box) and a tablet (stupid promo thing I got that was free. kinda. I said it was stupid.) We moved last May into a very not verizon covered area. Edge of the world as far as coverage goes. Ended up having to get a network booster, which I got the privilege of paying 200$ for. Still pissed on that, as two of my neighbors both got theirs for free.

After fighting with service that has gone from bad to worse, even with the booster, we bailed out. I went the polite way, called them up, opened trouble tickets to have them verify our area, etc. Ended up speaking with 3 reps who confirmed tickets were opened on the matter. Resolution was, yes, I have bad service (duh) and I could be let our of my etf early. Neat!

Just looked at the bill online and it was over 400$. What the - called up, there were 2 ETF charges, on the line I got permission to ditch on, and on a line that was... out of contract. Well, they fixed those. Made a big point about how generous they were being. That's fine, I got my bill fixed so I don't care how they wish to see it. I went to shut down the tablet and the lady said well we have to verify you're in a marginal coverage area. What... I just did that! Spent hours on the phone over the past two weeks.

This is where it gets interesting - she absolutely insists there are no tickets on our account that say anything of the sort. Even though she just approved removal of my etf (that I already had permission to do). So either three previous techs failed to file a single ticket on my behalf, or this lady is straight up lying to me. Maybe tickets vanish after a number is ported out? I mean, they shouldn't, that's dumb. But wow. She told me there was a comment on our account about it being screwed up previously. Which was news to me. I think shes makin stuff up.

So I have to start over at square one to prove our tablet is in a bad coverage area. Separate from the four cell phones we just ported out for that reason. Yeesh.

Fun stuff. Thought I would share, see if any former reps on here would think this interesting.
Sorry you got an idiot a the end there and for any hassle about ETFs. Call centers always have a huge turnover rate and sometimes tardsticks slip through all the training and coaching and development we do. NRB (Network Repair Bureau) tickets are entered as permanent notes on your account so if they were properly filed they weren't deleted but overlooked by aforementioned idiot.

Porting out is the reason the ETFs appeared at all. If you had straight up disconnected when choosing the reason 'Marginal Coverage' the ETF is waived automatically by the system. If porting out was discussed with the first people you were dealing with they should have prepared you for this or set a follow-up case to waive the ETFs manually after your port out and called you to confirm the charges were being removed.

I would love to tell you to PM me to fix your tablet line issue but if I'm caught screwing around with accounts and have to try to explain SA to my corporate masters I'll probably get fired.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

GUYS STOP posted:

Sorry you got an idiot a the end there and for any hassle about ETFs. Call centers always have a huge turnover rate and sometimes tardsticks slip through all the training and coaching and development we do. NRB (Network Repair Bureau) tickets are entered as permanent notes on your account so if they were properly filed they weren't deleted but overlooked by aforementioned idiot.

I was more sharing this just to share my incredulity over it all. No way I had several tickets open over 3 seperate calls, 3 seperate cust service reps, and not one of them entered anything on the account. The girl had to be outright lying to me.

GUYS STOP posted:

Porting out is the reason the ETFs appeared at all. If you had straight up disconnected when choosing the reason 'Marginal Coverage' the ETF is waived automatically by the system. If porting out was discussed with the first people you were dealing with they should have prepared you for this or set a follow-up case to waive the ETFs manually after your port out and called you to confirm the charges were being removed.

You know I was very obvious about this point, told them how it was my business number and I would be porting it out for sure. Nobody ever mentioned anything like you just said. It's no big deal, got the charges removed - but the girl I was talking to made a very big deal about how she was GIVING me back the money out of her own generosity, not company policy or the fact that I was previously okayed to do so, which I was. She mentioned something about how there was a note on the account how one rep screwed something up - but that was it. No other notes. That bit made zero sense.

GUYS STOP posted:

I would love to tell you to PM me to fix your tablet line issue but if I'm caught screwing around with accounts and have to try to explain SA to my corporate masters I'll probably get fired.

Oh man, totally not your problem. Incredibly kind of you to even mention this really. I was just venting about screwball customer service.
We had 4 mobile lines (all ported out now) but still have a land line voip box, and the aforementioned tablet. Tomorrow Ill be calling the local telco to port the land line back out. Verizon is charging me 20$ a month on that, local is around 25 and a hell of a lot more reliable. My wife is an on call hospital employee so the home line needs to work properly. The tablet contract is over in may, 10$ a month. I would like to see if I can get it turned off as that would end the entire verizon bill completely, but if they refuse it's not the worst thing ever. They're probably mad we ported out to google fi.

Crazy cust service girl wanted me to charge the tablet, said she would call me back in 30 minutes. She never did. I'm sure she went home, it's the holidays and all. I'm not mad about any of this I just thought the "no theres no notes on your account" argument was worth sharing.

If you want to look at our account just for reading purposes - don't want you to get in trouble for mucking about, really - pm me and Ill shoot you details. It might be humorous for ya.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hey guys. Just got an S gear 2. Anyway to get my spotify to stream from it?

If not, is there a wearable that can do this?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Bananana posted:

Hey guys. Just got an S gear 2. Anyway to get my spotify to stream from it?

If not, is there a wearable that can do this?

No idea. I would Check the wearables thread.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Duckman2008 posted:

No idea. I would Check the wearables thread.

Okay, no prob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
If I activate a used device on my line and my line has Wireless Phone Protection (WPP) on it for the previously activated device, will coverage extend to the new device? Or should I cancel WPP so I'm not paying 5.18/mo for insurance that doesn't cover anything?

• Locked thread