Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
We just jumped ship from Sprint to Verizon a few months ago. Just got a text message that says we currently have a 4gb per month plan but if we want to upgrade to an 8gb plan with No Strings attached and no contract upgrade/extension to reply yes. And thanks for being loyal customers. What is the deal with this promo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

FordPRefectLL posted:

The deal is you say yes to it and they do it..

Thanks!

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
Is it possible to Bring Your Own 4g LTE Verizon home router to your plan and go month to month with it? A buddy of mine is moving and I could probably snag his modem for cheap because he hates it.

I am looking at going somewhere with almost no cell service for a month and a half (edge coverage and poo poo topology) and am contemplating using a Yogi-type antenna on a boom to secure internet...

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
I've got a Note 4 that has lasted me 3 years. I've went through 2 deployments and multiple screen protectors but the phone is still chugging along and in great shape. I don't game on my phone, what are the benefits of switching from a Note 4 to a Note 8? I lose the ability to switch batteries (and am stuck with a smaller battery then available aftermarket for a Note 4) and gain.. a better set of cameras, better hardware? Also pretty sad to only get $102 in trade on one.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Duckman2008 posted:

Is your phone broken? You should get a higher trade in on the Note 4 as long as you upgrade by end of the month.

Checked, and you should get:
$240 towards the Note 8
$210 towards S8+
$189 towards S8

Goes towards the monthly price, it's not an upfront trade in.

The $102 was what the Verizon website store quoted me for my device (specifically selecting the Note 8). Nothing broken or hosed up, just need to buy a new stylus. How do I get the higher offer?

• Locked thread