Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
My sister keeps trying to call me and getting error messages. I tried calling her and got a message that says "All circuits are busy. Please try your call again later." I called my mom and brother and those calls went through fine; I'm guessing the problem is on her end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
My grandparents have an old clamphone on my parents' Verizon plan. They don't need cellular data, but we'd like to get them something a bit more modern (the phone can't get photos via text from what I'm told). Can we swap the phone out for like, an old iPhone or android phone and disable all cell data without triggering a change in the account plan?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Duckman2008 posted:

Really depends on the plan. Verizon has a 700 min, $25 a month plan. If they are on that, you just can't put a smartphone on that plan. Lowest smartphone plan is $55 a month. Or maybe $30 a month for prepaid.

So either move them to prepaid or have them as an add a line on one of your accounts (it's $20 for an add a line on any current plan).

We'll just keep 'em on the clamphone until it stops working if it costs extra, they don't want or need cell data.

• Locked thread