Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

BagelMaster posted:

I preordered my iPhone 4S, but unfortunately when I got to the shipping and billing address page, the shipping address form was broken and I couldn't change the shipping address. I tried multiple times with no luck. If I call Verizon, do you think I could get that rectified and have it shipped to my current address rather than the billing address (my parents, yay family plan!), or perhaps just have an in-store pickup? Otherwise I'll just hang out and have them mail it to me after it arrives on the 14th, I just don't want to wade through customer service reps only to have my hopes and dreams crushed.

Same situation. I will be calling them this morning and see if it's possible to change the address. I would like it shipped to my job, so we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Ciabatta posted:

Mine gave me a little attitude for getting my line/new phone in July and using an upgrade already. "Oh, looks like you...just got a new phone." Really? You don't want me to give you $300 and re-up a line for 2 years? Also seemed really annoyed when I originally was going to pay full retail, but I wasn't sure if they make really low commission when there's no plan change.

If things are still the same when I worked there a few years ago, sales reps don't get any commission on the phones themselves. And full retail phones kill accessory ratio, so the rep loses. That may have changed.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/29/leaked-memo-details-verizons-2-fee-for-paying-your-bill-autod/

According to this memo, Verizon will start charging a $2/month "convenience" fee for any bill payment that isn't ACH or auto-pay. I don't usually get fired up about this sort of thing but I'm kinda bothered that $112/mo isn't enough they have to nickel and dime me further.

Is this the sort of thing I could get out of a contract over?

I was just about to post this. I used to work for VZW years and years ago, they just keep getting worse and worse.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Looks like VZW is jumping on the upgrade fee bus:

http://gizmodo.com/5901023/no-more-free-phone-upgrades-verizons-30-fee-starts-april-22nd

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

So apparently Verizon is looking to counter act the new upgrade rules that T-Mobile now has:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/15/verizon-vz-edge-phone-upgrade-program/

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

benisntfunny posted:

Would be awesome except for upgrading my phone causes me to switch to a plan that would cost me about $40 more a month. If Verizon can default their 4G plans to 4GB I might get on board. Even then, still more expensive then what I am paying now.

A future a lesser coverage on T-Mo is still waiting for me in October at this point.

Same here. There is absolutely no T-M out in Missoula but I am looking to move to either Denver or Portland next year. I am really considering switching when I do.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Hughmoris posted:

I'm heading to Verizon to upgrade off unlimited and get into that 6GB plan for $30. Is there a specific code or plan name I can tell them so they don't try and pitch me the Edge plan? Is it called Verizon Max?

Let me know too. I'll probably do this on Friday when trying to get the 5s.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Psyker posted:

What's my best deal for a plan going into Verizon tomorrow to get my 5s? Clearly the Edge plan is pretty loving bonkers stupid, but can you only get into the Max plans through the Edge plan?

e: I'm usually on Wifi so I don't need a substantial data plan at all.

E2: This would be an upgrade on my existing plan. 450 minutes talk, unlimited text, 2gb data (of which I literally use under half a gig per month due to WiFi).

I just called vzw and they told me you couldn't do max without going for the edge plan.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Favorabilis Solitud posted:

They downgraded it though. Used to be 10/gb of overage. IE: the same amount to upgrade a ME plan a gb.

IE: you could get 6gb for the same price as 3 on the ME, etc etc. It diminished after a point but I was going to try and get that if I ever lost my unlimited data.

Any VZW insiders know if that 6gb edge promo plan is still available?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Sounds like Verizon is getting rid of subsidies

http://9to5mac.com/2015/08/07/verizon-simpler-plans/

Very interesting. Still going to hold onto unlimited though

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

That is some major BS from Verizon.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Wow, just wow

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Ars has a story on this, looks like they are going after those who use 100gb or over a month.

For now anyway

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Agreed but very interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Yup I think I am going to switch off my unlimited data to this. Actually saves me a few dollars too.

• Locked thread