Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas
My AT&T phone broke two days ago and I'm so happy I found this thread just in time. Just ordered an Incredible 2 off Amazon with a 2 year contract and the lady responsible for porting my number called me like an hour later. An improvement over AT&T already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
I am on a Verizon Unlimited Data Plan for the next 2 years. It's under my name and SS#. The rest of my family is on an AT&T Family Plan but they would also like to switch to Verizon and we would all like to be on the same family plan. My mother has an employee discount (she works at Progressive if this matters). I know they can simply join me and create a new family plan on Verizon, but will this give us the employee discount? Is there any way for me to get 20% off without an AoL that would entail me losing unlimited data? Can she create a family plan in her name and have me join that without losing unlimited data? Even if I didn't lose it, it seems like I wouldn't get 20% off because it's not the primary number according to the FAQ? Basically I am asking if I am stuck paying 90+taxes over the next two years or if there is a way I can finagle to pay 72+taxes off my mom's employee discount without losing unlimited data. I apologize if this has been asked ad nauseum before.

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
This has probably been asked before but can I add my unlimited data phone to a family plan without losing the unlimited data?

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
Is there a way to get this piece of poo poo on my plan without losing my unlimited data? Verizon is telling me no and that I need a corporate plan.

http://www1.good.com/

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
So I haven't really checked into this thread for a while but like some others I have an unlimited data plan and I just noticed the price was going up. I'm not really happy about the price increase but I don't really use the unlimited data that much (exceptions are when the Army sends me somewhere lovely and I have to tether).

So here's my plan (critique this):
Get a Nexus 6P with Project Fi. Port my number over.
Sell my UDP for ~$600.
Try out Project Fi and keep it. Sell my LG G3 for ~$170

OR

Sign up for 2 year contract through Best Buy with Verizon. Port my number from Project Fi.
Get a subsidized phone from Best Buy and sell it on eBay for $350. Keep using my G3 for 2 more years.
Switch the Verizon plan over to my corporate plan which is $35/5GB.
Return the 6P to Google for full refund.

Any potential downsides to the second plan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004

Cozmosis posted:

Get an iPhone 6S through Best Buy, sell it for ~650. Sell your G3. Use the 6P on Verizon.

The easiest and best plan.

I came up with a new plan.
Extend UDP for 2 year at 29.99 through Best Buy Method. Sell the S6 (needs to be Android phone to keep UDP) that comes with it on swappa.
Port the number over to Project Fi. Sell UDP.
Get a new 2 year contract from Best Buy with an iPhone 6s. Sell it on Swappa.
Port number back to Verizon. Cancel Fi and return 6P.
Switch the Verizon plan over to corporate plan and keep using my G3 (which I really have no problems with).

I think this should net me $1500 and $30 or so dollars less every month on my Verizon bill. Downside is I trade UDP for 5GB per month but I don't think keeping UDP is worth $1500.

• Locked thread