Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
I have a droid incredible 2 and the volume rocker is hosed up. I can turn the volume down but not up. I know I can make an insure claim on it and a VZW employee on another forum told me I would probably get traded up to a Rezound since the INC2 is EOL.

Really want to since I don't think I can get bumped to a galaxy s3 when they come out and Verizon isn't getting the one x. Can anyone confirm that I can do this and is it a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

EbolaIvory posted:

Do the process at phoneclaim.com and see what they offer. You have a chance to back out before accepting.

Apparently my phone is still under the 1yr manufacturer warranty soo...

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

I'm assuming I can back out if I don't like the replacement I'm offered? My phone is still perfectly usable.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

C'mon droid fighter!

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Okay so about 4 months ago I bought a rezound off craigslist. I thought it was stock but when I tried to run the ICS update today the clockwork recovery mod came up. It must have prevented me from getting the ICS update. When I try to run the first part of the OTA update it says:

Finding update package ...
Opening update package ...
Verifiyng update package ...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

But according to Titanium Backup I'm not rooted.

So now I'm stuck somewhere in some non-root, non-stock, no ICS hell.

What can I do to fix this?

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

That's probably what I'm going to do. Since it already has CWM I'm going to assume it also has s-off and an unlocked bootloader?

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

I'm trying to upgrade my rezound to a one on the vzw website. I have an unlimited data plan now and I'm fine with dropping to 2GB it seems to be forcing me into a share everything plan. I'm on my family's plan. I thought we could keep our plan but just drop to 2gb data?

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Mighty Horse posted:

You may need to go into the store if there isn't any kind of "keep existing plan" button.

I just called the store and they're back ordered and won't have any in for "like a week". drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

I just checked my account to see when my contract is up and I have a buttload of those verizon points. Is there anything actually cool and/or useful I can get with them?

• Locked thread