Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:
Are there any dual core 4g phones coming out even remotely soon? I'm eligible next month, and my gf is now. But seeing as we have an Incredible and a Droid X respectively, I can't justify upgrading just for 4g.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005

bull3964 posted:

You're looking at mid august at the earliest, possibly longer if issues are found.

I'm guessing that's probably going to be the Droid Bionic, too. We've had nonstop issues with her Droid X. Hoping that can be attributed to the TI processor in there.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005

bull3964 posted:

I'm not sure what you are getting at?

At any rate, the Bionic is going to be TI OMAP as well.

Sluggishness, random reboots, phone turning completely off, screen turning off and not coming back on, unresponsive buttons, speaker (both ear and speakerphone) and microphone not working at all on calls.. battery pull usually fixes it, but we shouldn't have to do it every 3 hours.
It was even rooted to remove bloatware to see if it was memory issues.
My company uses droid x's for management, and they all have the same issues (just not to the extent of hers). So it's not just a bad device.

I was hoping for it being a tegra , but I know there were issues with the lte.

Rye Bread fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 17, 2011

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
Has it been confirmed that the Bionic is using the same pentile screen as the Droid 3 and X2? I've gotten to play with a coworkers 3, and I find the screen to be awful (I can see pixels) compared to the Inc2/Charge. I think even my original Incredible looks nicer.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/02/motorola-droid-bionic-specs-revealed-ti-omap-4430-dual-core-cpu/

Bionic specs leaked.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
Does Verizon allow you to use Visa gift cards for phone purchases?

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
So, now that it has been a few days, how is everyone's battery life on the GNex? Yesterday, I only was at 33% after about 7 hours of usage (a lot of gtalk and about an hour of streaming google music). Today, I was at 60% after 8 hours (no streaming). Both days with 4g enabled, NJ and NYC both days.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
Battery was even better today. Good to see others are getting decent life.

Only issue I've come across is mms messages take FOREVER to send. Anyone else have this issue?

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Anyone by chance lose data altogether in/around Dallas?

I lost all data on my GNex, but my Droid 2 is working fine. NYC.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
Did anyone install the official 4.0.4? Did it fix the service drop issues? Just curious if it's worth switching to from the leaked.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005

bull3964 posted:

I haven't really noticed any difference in anything between IMM30B and IMM76K. If anything, I'm seeing more wake locks.

It's possible the radios fix some things in edge cases so it might be worthwhile to flash back to 4.0.2 radios and then flash these newest ones, but I wouldn't go through the effort of wiping and putting IMM76K on the phone until it is confirmed that it's going out for real.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll hold off for now. It's really the only issue I have with the phone.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005

big mean giraffe posted:

As of 4.0, Android OS is what the battery use screen lumps everything into that doesn't go into anything else. He's probably got a wakelock going on with something, which is why BetterBatteryStats is the best app ever. It'll tell you specifically which process is causing a partial wakelock and draining your battery.

This is not entirely true. My girlfriend's Nexus was having the same exact problem as his. She would take the phone off the charger at 8am, and it would it would be at 5% by 12:30pm, without touching it whatsoever, 4g/wifi off. Absolutely nothing showed up in better battery stats as a wake lock. Nothing at all. No amount of reboots did anything. It was always Android OS chewing up the battery. I have some screen shots of all categories in betterbatterystats that I can dig up.

I fixed it by rooting and flashing 4.0.4.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005

Which is the same that they said in regards to the complaint back in February apparently:

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/02/29/letter-from-verizon-to-fcc-details-their-stance-on-bootloaders/

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

Not wireless but this seems like the best place to ask. I have a relative who is poor and FIOS is her only option for internet. What modem should I get her so she can avoid the monthly rental charges? I'm finding a lot on eBay/Amazon but all sorts of different revisions and I figure someone here probably has a bundle with them and has done something like this. Here's a couple I'm seeing in much different price ranges:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0145REEA0/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Fios-Cable-Modem-Wireless-Router-Actiontec-MI424WR-Rev-I-/121829434173

Fios doesn't really have modems in the traditional sense. They install a box on the outside of your house, and then you can have a coax connection which would go to one of those 2 devices/routers, or they can activate the rj45 connection and run a cat6 to an existing router (which is what I did). That second option eliminates the possibility for on demand and such if she is also using them for tv though.
That actiontec blows btw. It's what I had until I swapped in my router (I use directv).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
Is anyone else having issues with Wifi calling on their iPhones (6S+)? I have it enabled, as well as HD voice on my account. I had it work at the office yesterday, but nowhere else, even at home. Today, it's not working at the office. My wife's phone is also having the same issue.

• Locked thread