Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mcswizzle posted:

Doesn't he get punked by discount robin?

Yeah I think, he doesn't even get a spoken line :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Story goes to my understanding, Chris would have been Bane's right-hand man or such. But since he's something like 6'4 and Tom is about 5'11, the Big Guy obviously did not look big enough so his part was cut besides that one scene.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GuyUpNorth posted:

Story goes to my understanding, Chris would have been Bane's right-hand man or such. But since he's something like 6'4 and Tom is about 5'11, the Big Guy obviously did not look big enough so his part was cut besides that one scene.

Where he bumps off Sergeant Wu from Grimm.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Into the Stargate:

http://imgur.com/gallery/DMpsJmp

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
Hathor just aired on SPACE. I forgot how terrible it was.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

vandelay industries posted:

Hathor just aired on SPACE. I forgot how terrible it was.

I remember when Stargate had more entries on fanfiction.net than anything else: before Glee, before Doctor Who. I'm sure the only contribution to the world from this episode is 10,000 mpreg fanfictions.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I know what "shipping" is thanks to the Stargate fan community

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

Mu Zeta posted:

I know what "shipping" is thanks to the Stargate fan community

'Shipping' is like the creepiest thing

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

'Shipping' is like the creepiest thing

When some actor who plays a character that the shipping community has decided is gay (even if it's canon that they're not) enters into a heterosexual relationship with another actor in real life, they'll get death threats from the shipping community over it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

When some actor who plays a character that the shipping community has decided is gay (even if it's canon that they're not) enters into a heterosexual relationship with another actor in real life, they'll get death threats from the shipping community over it.

That gives "shipping and handling charges" a whole new meaning.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Luigi Thirty posted:

What a surreal letter to receive...

DEAR XIR, IN MY HEADCANON YOU ARE IN A LOVING BUT aSEXUAL PARTNERSHiP WITH A BI-GENDERED JAFFA (MY STARSONA)
YOU TOUCHING WOMEN IS BOTH CHEATING ON ME AND RAPING ME AND ALSO SPITTING in the FACE OF MY VERY IDENTITY
I DEMAND YOU STOP BEING WITH BOTH WOMEN AND CIS MEN IMMEDIATELY I AM ON SL W/MY LAWYER IF NO

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is this something that has actually happened?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm going to guess Supernatural. I have never seen an episode of that show but I heard things

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Is this something that has actually happened?

Yeah, it was Supernatural. They sent death threats to the main actor's wife when she was pregnant. And with Sherlock, Benedict Cumberbatch has a whole lot of psycho stalkers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah, it was Supernatural. They sent death threats to the main actor's wife when she was pregnant.

Wait, the main actors, both of whom's characters have been banging women on the show since it began?

I hate this country.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Wait, the main actors, both of whom's characters have been banging women on the show since it began?

I hate this country.

But in my headcanon he is gay and thus by banging women on the show he is erasing homosexuals and

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
wasn't it an on-going joke early on in the show that every time that asked for a motel room, the hotel manager thought they were gay lovers or something? That probably got it started.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah, it was Supernatural. They sent death threats to the main actor's wife when she was pregnant. And with Sherlock, Benedict Cumberbatch has a whole lot of psycho stalkers.

Some people should not be allowed to use the internet.

And/or nuke tumblr from orbit.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
Has anyone ever checked out this SG simulator?

https://www.stargate-network.net/en/

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

wasn't it an on-going joke early on in the show that every time that asked for a motel room, the hotel manager thought they were gay lovers or something? That probably got it started.

No that is the show runners giving their blessing to the headcanon.
this is what shippers actually believe

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
As a response to that kind of fan behaviour, the Supernatural writers introduced a self-insert character called Chuck, who writes a book series about two Winchester brothers called Sam and Dean, and who really can't handle his weird fanbase.

The Dark One fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 1, 2015

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Dark One posted:

As a response to that kind of fan behaviour, the Supernatural writers introduced a self-insert character called Chuck, who writes a book series about two Winchester brothers called Sam and Dean, and who really can't handle his weird fanbase.

Sam:"They keep writing stories about us...you know...getting ~together~"

Dean: "And these people know we're brothers? What is wrong with these freaks?"

The meta episodes were some of the best just for the sheer amount fun they had mocking the weird part of the fanbase.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Dark One posted:

Who may or may not be God.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I'm trying to understand the thought process behind the whole "shipping" thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like it's this:

step 1: send death threats to the actor's pregnant wife
step 2: ????
step 3: actor is now gay

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They also got his wife kicked out of a con by telling security she was a stalker and issued threats.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's basically

1. Reality conflicts with the shipper's fantasy.

2. Externalize the blame for this dissonance.

3. Express emotional frustration towards the subject of the fantasy, who is now viewed as responsible for the conflict.

It's basically some form of delusional mental illness.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Snak posted:

It's basically

3. Express emotional frustration towards the subject of the fantasy, who is now viewed as responsible for the conflict.

This but the reality in number one isn't reality but a fiction all its own, which is an important distinction as the former characterized the shipper's insanity as vaguely based in reality, which is very much not the case. At best it's the reality of show canon these weirdos are distorting to their deviant fantasies.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
As much as your conversation about tv show ships or whatever is fun,

Has anyone ever checked out this SG simulator?

https://www.stargate-network.net/en/

This is pretty drat cool.

Did anyone in here use that series of Stargate mods for Garry's Mod? I had so much fun playing around with that poo poo.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Suspicious posted:

I'm trying to understand the thought process behind the whole "shipping" thing.

It is literally as simple as thinking that Kirk and Spock had intense sexual tension on the screen and were doing the Pon Farr off-camera.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

This but the reality in number one isn't reality but a fiction all its own, which is an important distinction as the former characterized the shipper's insanity as vaguely based in reality, which is very much not the case. At best it's the reality of show canon these weirdos are distorting to their deviant fantasies.

Well I was talking about when they threaten people like actor's wives in real life. Which is different from getting mad that about what the character does in the show.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Snak posted:

It's basically

I sweah to gawd I read a post by a shipper where they hoped their unborn son would turn out to be gay so she could dress him up all pretty like her favorite character

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I too believe everything I read on the internet.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Who may or may not be God.

Do you mean to say that God really does hate fags?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

GreenNight posted:

They also got his wife kicked out of a con by telling security she was a stalker and issued threats.

I've heard this as a rumor but did it actually happen? I thought Padalecki's wife would attend cons with him but kept getting so much animosity and hate from people she just wasn't comfortable being there anymore.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
This thread is now the Supernatural/Stargate crossover thread:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Michael Shanks sounds ridiculous as Thor without the voice modulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjHDa4AuOM8

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

Sounds like he's doing his best Cam Clarke.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Met posted:

Oh god, magic destroyed.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Atlantis has ridiculously rushed finale, even if Vegas technically sets it up... in last five minutes. What the hell were they thinking then?

Now I only would have Universe left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

GuyUpNorth posted:

Atlantis has ridiculously rushed finale, even if Vegas technically sets it up... in last five minutes. What the hell were they thinking then?

Now I only would have Universe left.

Universe is so bad except for the parts that aren't, and vice versa.