Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

You'd lose a few pounds of fat, but gain it all back in forehead.

So that's a tradeoff, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

drcru posted:

Pretty sure having a vagina wouldn't be any fun. Wouldn't mind losing a few pounds though!

I wouldn't mind having a vagina.

Not PERSONALLY having one, mind you, but... y'know. ;)

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Effingham posted:

I wouldn't mind having a vagina.

Not PERSONALLY having one, mind you, but... y'know. ;)

giggity.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
I have a few vaginas, I keep them in a bucket. For a reasonable fee (plus shipping) I would be happy to hook you up.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Eikre posted:

I have a few vaginas, I keep them in a bucket. For a reasonable fee (plus shipping) I would be happy to hook you up.

Is it extra to wash them first?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Wow I completely forgot what Lexx is but people talk about it in this thread I remember seeing it as a fairly young kid/maybe teenager.

I remember not liking the show much then and thinking bad on it now it was...pretty drat bad.

Also up to season 7 in my watching of SG-1, overall good show so far.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

goldjas posted:

Wow I completely forgot what Lexx is but people talk about it in this thread I remember seeing it as a fairly young kid/maybe teenager.

I remember not liking the show much then and thinking bad on it now it was...pretty drat bad.

Also up to season 7 in my watching of SG-1, overall good show so far.

Lexx had some stuff that was marginally okay, and some poo poo that made you want to tear your own eyes out in agony. Brigadoom is one of those episodes, for if you care to check it out.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Lexx had some stuff that was marginally okay, and some poo poo that made you want to tear your own eyes out in agony. Brigadoom is one of those episodes, for if you care to check it out.

Brigadoom was the best episode ever.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

drcru posted:

Brigadoom was the best episode ever.

Odd way to spell Xevivor.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
The best episode was whichever one that had Mary Walsh as the guest star.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I went at this kind of backwards; I watched most of Atlantis last year (I didn't finish out the last season due to finally getting a job, but I plan to go back and rewatch) and now I'm partway through season 2 of SG1 on Netflix.

Still like Sheppard the best of any of the characters.

Also I watched "Need" this morning; I was about to complain, how many times is Daniel going to need fixing by the freaking sarcophagus, but then they tied that plotline right up nicely.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Tupping Liberty posted:

I went at this kind of backwards; I watched most of Atlantis last year (I didn't finish out the last season due to finally getting a job, but I plan to go back and rewatch) and now I'm partway through season 2 of SG1 on Netflix.

Still like Sheppard the best of any of the characters.

Also I watched "Need" this morning; I was about to complain, how many times is Daniel going to need fixing by the freaking sarcophagus, but then they tied that plotline right up nicely.

I'm really glad they stopped with the "girlfriend on every planet" thing they were doing with Daniel early on. IT was like watching those 80s movies with the "nerdy yet cute" girl.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

JetsGuy posted:

I'm really glad they stopped with the "girlfriend on every planet" thing they were doing with Daniel early on. IT was like watching those 80s movies with the "nerdy yet cute" girl.

Also it goes against his reason for being on the team - saving his wife.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
When it aired I had only watched Atlantis intermittently, but recently I've started plowing through it on Netflix.

I'd heard tales of a particular... event. I thought they were exaggerated. It really couldn't be that bad, right? It's just TVIV-ers being hypersensitive douchebags like every TVIV thread, right? loving goons will ruin any show.

I...I was wrong. What the hell? Why would this show hurt me so?

I am, of course, referring to the singing.

Deuce fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 24, 2011

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
Looks like Chris Judge is casted in The Dark Knight Rises

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/07/stargates-christopher-judge-cast-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

vandelay industries posted:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/07/stargates-christopher-judge-cast-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

YES!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
From that story I got to the thing about his programme that's in development.

quote:

I’m a true believer that what keeps us from anarchy is the fact that the majority of us believe that our souls have to answer to something once these physical vessels are exhausted. So if you don’t have that burden, what keeps you from doing whatever the f— you want to do? Nothing.

Teal'c is a loving idiot.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

That's why every single atheist or agnostic is a murderous, raping psychopath... :ughh:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I believe my soul will be tormented for all eternity by a Goa'uld with bad hair. This prevents me from being sho'va.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

This is exactly why I don't want to know what artists & actors I like think about things. :eng99:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I know what you mean. While I think what Judge says makes him look like an idiot, at least it doesn't make me actively dislike him.
I've haven't been able to enjoy Adam Baldwin's performances as much since I found out that his political ideology is repugnant.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I've haven't been able to enjoy Adam Baldwin's performances as much since I found out that his political ideology is repugnant.

To be fair to Adam, people try to bait him at cons and he ignores them. So he at least knows his politics are unpopular.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

vandelay industries posted:

The past tense of "cast" is "cast". Not "casted." :eng101:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bet he's just going to be a no-name thug that gets knocked out with barely any screen time. It's amazing that Ronan of all people is going to have the most successful post-Stargate career. Game of Thrones and Conan? Pretty awesome.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's not like Ronan is hired on for his supreme acting abilities.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

I hope you guys burn in hell!

I ran out of stuff to watch so I'm thinking of slowly watching SG-1 and then Atlantis again.

Very early on in the SG-1 pilot Jack goes with a "With all due respect" to general Hammond. It made me think of this thread when someone mentioned a drinking game with that and it would most likely kill us all...

It then happens at least another time in the pilot. Pulled me right out again.

I hate you guys. :argh:

Seeing full frontal nudity brings me back when I first discovered Stargate. I think it was around season 6 or 7. I got my hands on the previous seasons and I remember watching the pilot and being surprised at that scene. We didn't have this kind of channels here in my corner of Canada. Heck, we still don't. So extreme violence, nudity and the like in a tv show was pretty foreign for me.

All this talk about Stargate is making me miss the days where I had two episodes per week with SG-1 and Atlantis!

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
Anyone else ever imagine Sheppard and Ronan having a Mass Effect Shepard-Wrex sequence? Makes me giggle.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Hobo posted:

Anyone else ever imagine Sheppard and Ronan having a Mass Effect Shepard-Wrex sequence? Makes me giggle.

RONAN: Shepard. :smug:
SHEPARD: Dex. :smug:

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

Speaking of, I finally dove into ME2, and am loving it, in stark comparison to ME1 which I found painfully boring and uninstalled and returned after giving about a day.

And to stay on topic, I really wish we could have gotten a Stargate game. I was so excited to run through the gate and shoot some Jaffa. Though I've heard there are mods available for some FPSes, no?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

There was the resistance game that was decent I think, but the developer died. I wish instead of the MMO money pit they had made a little adventure game or something.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

We did get a Stargate game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWymeIj2Mrw

Drighton
Nov 30, 2005

I think really what everyone wanted was a sandbox game. Random "planet" generation, a level big enough to at least feel like a planet, etc. Take the "MMO" off of the MMO and make it a FPS with RPG elements ala Mass Effect.

Drighton fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 25, 2011

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I know what you mean. While I think what Judge says makes him look like an idiot, at least it doesn't make me actively dislike him.

Now you know how I feel about Alec Baldwin. And Sean Penn. And Tim Robbins. And...

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
You guys like to rag on the early Showtime-era episodes, but I thought this exchange was great.

"I think what the Captain is asking is, 'What now?'"

"Now we die."

"Well, that's a bad plan."

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

The Dark One posted:

You guys like to rag on the early Showtime-era episodes, but I thought this exchange was great.

"I think what the Captain is asking is, 'What now?'"

"Now we die."

"Well, that's a bad plan."

My favourite bit of all time has to be when Bratac starts describing the dangerous journey they have to make to blow the ship's reactor and Jack just drops two grenades off the catwalk. It so perfectly lampoons the ridiculous objectives in FPS games that I always forget that the show pre-dates most of them.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Did anyone else watch the pilot with their parents/family? I remembered liking the movie so I was excited about the show. We had a family dinner or something and the first episode aired, it seemed like it was a breezy action show and then the tits came out. I got into a lot of trouble for insisting we watch Stargate SG-1.

Showtime also had another scifi show called Total Recall: 2070 and the the first episode had tits for no real reason at all. Every other episode was tame, I have no idea why they insist on tits in the pilot episode.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Der Luftwaffle posted:

My favourite bit of all time has to be when Bratac starts describing the dangerous journey they have to make to blow the ship's reactor and Jack just drops two grenades off the catwalk. It so perfectly lampoons the ridiculous objectives in FPS games that I always forget that the show pre-dates most of them.

Grenades. :smug:

I think earlier in the episode Bra'tac was complaining about grenades being a stupid idea for a weapon compared to some Goa'uld flashbomb thing too.

Captain Vittles
Feb 12, 2008

I'm not a nerd! I'm a video game enthusiast.

Mu Zeta posted:

Every other episode was tame, I have no idea why they insist on tits in the pilot episode.

Tits go in the pilot because then people will likely watch every subsequent episode for at least one season, with the faint hope of seeing more tits. After all, they showed tits once... or it might just be a pre-req for getting a pilot through the TV bureaucracy. I don't know how the TV business works but I do know that, in my younger years, the tits rationale worked on me for lots of shows/movies.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think earlier in the episode Bra'tac was complaining about grenades being a stupid idea for a weapon compared to some Goa'uld flashbomb thing too.

It was later in the episode; Bra'tac used a flashbomb to clear a glider hanger, then turns to Jack and says, "Now that is a grenade."

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Captain Vittles posted:

It was later in the episode; Bra'tac used a flashbomb to clear a glider hanger, then turns to Jack and says, "Now that is a grenade."

Its things like this I love about Stargate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Captain Vittles posted:

Tits go in the pilot because then people will likely watch every subsequent episode for at least one season, with the faint hope of seeing more tits. After all, they showed tits once... or it might just be a pre-req for getting a pilot through the TV bureaucracy. I don't know how the TV business works but I do know that, in my younger years, the tits rationale worked on me for lots of shows/movies.

Yeah, but I'm guessing your younger years were before the internet?

I remember the Fa deodorant commercials always showing topless women walking out of the sea (any Dutch person over 25 knows what I'm talking about). But that was before a picture of a pair of breasts was easier to find than a dickish Ancient.