Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So I went through a bunch of season 8 episodes, including those Ancient coffee shop ones. Makes you wonder why they've even tried to save the ancients end of season 10, since they're practically all a bunch of dicks.

--edit: vvvv Just get rid of both parties.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

I read the actor was an rear end in a top hat on set.
If your first name was Rainbow, you'd also be an rear end in a top hat.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

And Ming-Na's being typecast into yet another annoying committee leader.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Eva was only in the first four episodes. All the others have some other German knockoff with a lifeboat in her face.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Stargate just ruined Beverly Hills Cop for me. I only found out now that annoying piece of poo poo Sen. Kinsley is Bogomil in the movies! :psyduck:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

There's this other show called Saving Hope with Michael Shanks in it. Some hospital type of show. No idea where it's supposed to go, but right now he's laying there in a coma, having an out of body experience, seeing other comatose or dead people, and next episode he finds a way to talk to his girlfriend also working there. The first episode had a small moment of SG-1 Shanks, maybe that'll show up there, too.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

JetsGuy posted:

It figures the ancients would use C++ instead of a superior language like python. :smug:
Looks more like a cross between C++, VB and Pascal.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Doesn't look too good, tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYEDsqifqt4

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Indeed.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

xerxus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tOqWKMy2QM

Gateworld has a new video, and info that Brad Wright has been in talks with MGM about the return of Stargate.
SG-U ended in 2011? drat.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

8one6 posted:

Honestly at this point if they're making new stargate I'd rather see a hard reboot of SG-1 than a sequel series.
Stepping into the footsteps of RDA's Jack O'Neill is going to be hard.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Apparently Amazon Studios finally closed the deal on the MGM buy-out. I sure hope the TV shows will finally pop up on PrimeVideo over here.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Stargate SG-1 finally showed up on Primevideo in the EU. About time.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I'm just in the middle of season 5, where present SG1 made contact with the Aschen. There's that part with Kinsey being a comic book villain type of politician. Back then this poo poo annoyed me greatly. Rewatching it today, it turned out to be more than plausible. :suicide:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I'm rewatching SG-U on PrimeVideo. I wasn't really sure why it was that despised back during its original run. Well, that was until I got to S1E18 and the loving Lucian Alliance became a major plot point.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

IRQ posted:

Body swap rape stones were a bit of an issue, also being obnoxiously grimdark.
The grim dark thing is a staple nowadays, so I guess that changed perception a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

alexandriao posted:

I literally can't get over the whining and screaming.

Everyone on SG-U is a loving toddler and I hate it
…and then I remember real life and how tons of friends and coworkers are the same type of helpless babies.